Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

HDPDPLUS2 iPod interface w/saddlebag cable

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 04:10 PM
pjb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 434 Likes on 246 Posts
Default HDPDPLUS2 iPod interface w/saddlebag cable

SOLD!!

Sold all the other parts from a previous thread except this unit, so decided to make a new thread.
Great working condition.
$200 shipped includes optional saddle bag cable kit.

The HDPDPLUS2 iPod interface connects to the Advanced Audio System by Harman/KardonŽ, FACTORY INSTALLED ON ALL 2006-2013 TOURING BIKES, and it will work with your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, and it will also work with your 5th Generation iPod and iPod Classic. *

The HDPDPLUS2 not only charges and controls the compatible iPods, but it also automatically plays and pauses your iPod with the ignition and source switching as well. Now you will be able to have endless hours of music without ever having to worry about the battery on your iPod going dead

The HDPDPLUS2 is the perfect addition to 2006-2013 Harley Touring bikes. Its unique design allows it to be completely compatible with all factory options such as CB, Intercom, Satellite radio, and Navigation system without having to buy any expensive cables. With the addition of the On The Move Technology, HDPDPLUS, the rider will be able to use the handle bar controls and the radio soft buttons to control the iPod. It will allow you to change Tracks, Playlist, Artists, Albums, and Genres using the factory hand controls with minimal distraction from the road. **

This unit will show up on your Advanced Audio SystemŽ as iPodŽ and can be chosen by either pressing the corresponding soft button or by pressing the MODE SEL button on the handlebars. The HDPDPLUS (HDPD+) installs neatly underneath the fairing on top of the radio using the factory mounts. This smart, clean, and easy installation will have you rocking and roaring down the road in less than an hour from start to finish.

Attached Thumbnails HDPDPLUS2 iPod interface w/saddlebag cable-ipodattachment-big.jpg   HDPDPLUS2 iPod interface w/saddlebag cable-saddlebagrelease-big.jpg  

Last edited by pjb; 05-07-2015 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:43 PM
vgibbs
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Can I get ur number. I have questions

Vicki

Old 05-04-2015, 04:52 PM
pjb
Stellar HDF Member

go ahead, ask.
others may have the same questions.

Old 05-04-2015, 05:45 PM
vgibbs
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Need that for a CVO road king we just redid. 13 didn't use factory speakers of amp. But need the interface to work handlebar controls. Will it work

Old 05-04-2015, 06:20 PM
pjb
Stellar HDF Member

it will work with the stock Harmon Kardon head unit in all 06-13 touring bikes. I don't know anything about a CVO Road King. Do they come with a radio and handlebar controls?

The guys at Iron Cross Audio would be the experts to ask.

Last edited by pjb; 05-04-2015 at 06:25 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:51 AM
pjb
Stellar HDF Member

still available

Old 05-06-2015, 09:15 AM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

Does the iPod still connect to the accessory jack on the radio or does a cable come out of the fairing for connection? Also what is your best price. $200 is a little steep for me.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:31 AM
pjb
Stellar HDF Member

The IPod module sits right on top of the radio, there is mounts there already for it. It includes the short wire harness that plugs right into the stock radio. You use the included wire taps for power connections. The optional (included) saddlebag cable comes out of the module, under the gas tank/seat (easy to do), and into the saddlebag. You drill a small hole in the back of either saddlebag and use the included grommet for the cable to go through. There is a quick disconnect on the cable, inside the saddlebag, for easy removal of the saddlebag.

Nothing plugs into the front of the radio, or shows.
The IPod option appears on your radio, and when selected you get play options like playlists, artists, albums, right on the radio display. All can be controlled by the handle bar switches or radio pushbuttons. While in use, or just connected, the IPod charges. A phone can be plugged in to use as a music source instead of the IPod, if it takes the same IPod type connection (not the new little ones, unless you use the adapter).

I have about 5 people I'm waiting to hear back from, so for now the price stands at $200. The included saddlebag cable sells for $55 by itself, and I'm including shipping.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:18 PM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pjb
The IPod module sits right on top of the radio, there is mounts there already for it. It includes the short wire harness that plugs right into the stock radio. You use the included wire taps for power connections. The optional (included) saddlebag cable comes out of the module, under the gas tank/seat (easy to do), and into the saddlebag. You drill a small hole in the back of either saddlebag and use the included grommet for the cable to go through. There is a quick disconnect on the cable, inside the saddlebag, for easy removal of the saddlebag.

Nothing plugs into the front of the radio, or shows.
The IPod option appears on your radio, and when selected you get play options like playlists, artists, albums, right on the radio display. All can be controlled by the handle bar switches or radio pushbuttons. While in use, or just connected, the IPod charges. A phone can be plugged in to use as a music source instead of the IPod, if it takes the same IPod type connection (not the new little ones, unless you use the adapter).

I have about 5 people I'm waiting to hear back from, so for now the price stands at $200. The included saddlebag cable sells for $55 by itself, and I'm including shipping.
I'll take it if I'm not cutting in line. PM send.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:29 PM
pjb
Stellar HDF Member

Pm replied

Quick Reply: HDPDPLUS2 iPod interface w/saddlebag cable