Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Legend Air Suspension Kit For FL/Touring 2008 & Later

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 06:42 PM
drive2live2ride
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Legend Air Suspension Kit For FL/Touring 2008 & Later

Legend makes two sizes of shocks for 2008 & later FL/Touring. The standard size is a 13" shock and they also make a "Lo-Pro" which is a 12" shock. I did not know which one I wanted so I bought both kits.

I installed one kit and rode for a couple weeks with each set of shocks to see what I wanted to keep with the intention of selling the second set.

I am selling the 13" shocks. The install kit itself is all brand new. The compressor, harness, mounting hardware, lines and fittings are new in the box and never used or installed. I only opened the component box today so I could take pics to show what is in the kit. Somewhere along the way I managed to put a very small ding in the dust cover of the right side shock. Don't know how, but the third pic I posted below shows the ding. It does not show at all when mounted as it in on the inboard side of the dust cover. The shocks are black and the handlebar compressor switch is black. Here is a link to the exact kit I'm selling:

http://www.legendsuspensions.com/Pro...7&VIEW=Product

I'm asking 1300 shipped for this kit. Where I'm from, everyone has an "asking" price and a "taking" price. I'm not going to get my undies in a bunch if you want to make an offer. Keep in mind the install kit is brand new and the shocks are virtually new. I'm not giving them away, but your not going to offend me with offers either.

Here is my opinion of the difference between the 12" and 13" shocks for anyone who may want to know why I decided to keep the 12's and sell the 13's: I think the 13's are better for two up. It's really the same difference as running stock 13's on an Ultra or running 12" street glide shocks on the same Ultra. I found that the 12's air up quicker. So if I want to dump the bags when I park it (which I usually do) I can air them up faster when I leave. Also, the 12's aired all the way up ride better than the 13's dropped an inch. So if I want to ride my street glide with the back lowered some (which I do) the 12's work better for me. When I rode two up, the 13's were better due to more travel...again, the same diff as swapping out stock 13's for stock 12's. I don't ride two up much because the better half has her own bike, so that's why I'm selling the 13's.

A couple things to consider before you buy that Legend doesn't tell you:

1. The way the compressor mounts is really cool. It mounts under the bike between the tranny and engine case. There is a gap under there that is just right for the compressor and Legend did a good job designing the mount. BUT, if you have a HD oil temperature gauge kit installed (you know the one that replaces the air temp gauge in your fairing) the sending unit for the oil temp gauge is installed under the bike between the tranny and engine case. It sticks out in to the opening and won't allow you to mount the legend compressor. So if you have an oil temp sending unit like I do, you have to mount the compressor somewhere else. I mounted mine under the right side cover. If you have no oil temp unit, then you have no issue.

2. There are some aftermarket slip-on muffs that won't clear the right side of your rear axle with 13" shocks installed. It depends on the size, diameter, and shape of your muffs. Basically, if you have had 13" shocks installed already and you've had no problems then your fine. But lets say you have a street glide with 12" shocks. Make sure you have an extra inch of clearance on the right side. In other words, make sure if you lift the bike another inch that the right side muff won't contact the rear axle.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to make sure I covered all the bases. These shocks are a big investment. I love them, and my wife loves them. She liked these 13's better though, so if you ride two up allot I don't think you can go wrong.

Attached Thumbnails Legend Air Suspension Kit For FL/Touring 2008 & Later-img_4648.jpg   Legend Air Suspension Kit For FL/Touring 2008 & Later-img_4649.jpg   Legend Air Suspension Kit For FL/Touring 2008 & Later-img_4650.jpg  

Last edited by drive2live2ride; 12-18-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:05 AM
IMP123
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Legend shocks

I appreciate your post being so accurate i am looking also at the Arnott Alden shocks big cost savings over Legend did you check into them?

Old 12-19-2012, 10:23 AM
drive2live2ride
Supporter

Originally Posted by IMP123
I appreciate your post being so accurate i am looking also at the Arnott Alden shocks big cost savings over Legend did you check into them?
sold to IMP123 pending payment

Old 12-19-2012, 09:23 PM
drive2live2ride
Supporter
Default sold

payment received...done deal.