Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

freewheeler bumper

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 12:34 PM
flyburch
Road Master
Received 75 Likes on 22 Posts
Default freewheeler bumper

just put bumper on wifes free wheeler i like it

The following users liked this post:
Terly (06-20-2016)
Old 11-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Tryker Dude
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Never really noticed it before from previous photos, but I'm not sure that I like the chopped fenders on the freewheeler. Guess they are OK if you're the one riding it but wouldn't want to be following one on the road, especially a gravelly or sandy mountain road. I don't see any way to add mudflaps to them either. It really looks sporty this way, but not practical from a safety standpoint. The bumper looks great though. JMHO

Old 11-07-2014, 11:54 AM
flyburch
Road Master
Received 75 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Tryker Dude
Never really noticed it before from previous photos, but I'm not sure that I like the chopped fenders on the freewheeler. Guess they are OK if you're the one riding it but wouldn't want to be following one on the road, especially a gravelly or sandy mountain road. I don't see any way to add mudflaps to them either. It really looks sporty this way, but not practical from a safety standpoint. The bumper looks great though. JMHO
i agree with you I don't follow her to close. i would like to see mud flaps os something to balance out the back end. As has been mentioned other places maybe a center mount for the license plate would work to make it look better.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:27 PM
Ripplingh2o
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Center mount plate would balance out but you'd have to custom install a white light to illuminate the plate at night. Bumper looks awesome.

Old 11-11-2014, 07:11 AM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ripplingh2o
Center mount plate would balance out but you'd have to custom install a white light to illuminate the plate at night. Bumper looks awesome.
I thought the same thing when I first saw the FW. You could probably get the plate mounting parts from a Tri-Glide. Good lookin' Freewheeler though!

Old 11-11-2014, 01:26 PM
FLRT
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm gonna pass on that bumper for now. Not sure I like the look of it?
I kinda like the Freewheeler's back end naked!

Old 11-14-2014, 01:05 PM
EDNHDF150
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree the butt of the Freewheeler would look more balanced with the license plate mounted in the center.
For consideration and feedback ...
The rack for the trunk on the Freewheeler is basically the same as the one for the Tri Glides. It has mounting lugs on the underneath side for a led light bar. The rack also has the wiring channel the exits inside the trunk. I have the rack on my Freewheeler and I am seriously looking at this option as a possible mount (with lighting) for the license plate. There are a few issues to consider ... one being not to cover the latch for the

Old 11-14-2014, 01:26 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

I think it looks great with the bumper. Since I got rear ended at a stop sign last month, I am very pro crash protection.

Old 11-14-2014, 04:53 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the bumber looks good ,I have one on my TG , might save a bo bo if you back into a curb or some thing ,now a trunk rack would look good to , a lot of blank space back there

Old 11-14-2014, 05:56 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

more of a widget than a bumper, mine came with the freakwheeler............uh , not free

Quick Reply: freewheeler bumper