Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

So, when does the Freewheelr get its own Forum?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 05:47 AM
Springman2007
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So, when does the Freewheeler get its own Forum?

So, when does the Freewheeler get its own Forum?

I think the Freewheeler could use its own forum. I think it is a new model for Harley; but, I also think it has already proven to be a model followed with a strong enough interest to warrant its own forum already......:icon_h eadbang:

Springman

Old 11-12-2014, 08:41 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,036 Likes on 1,104 Posts

When I saw the FW being developed I had a notion this would come up. What I think will happen would be one of two things...

This forum name will change to Harley Trikes or nothing will happen.

Having the FW is great but there's not a separate forum for each model of Touring bikes.

The reason why I don't think the name will be changed is due to Google. There are thousands of links out there with Tri-Glide-Models in the string. Changing the forum title would break those strings for search compatibility. This was verified by IB techs while rebuilding our Technical Forums.

I will ask anyway Springman... Boss may chime in here to say something different.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:28 AM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Get ready for a crap storm when you get it. Dear Lord, When they created the Rushmore forum you would have thought we stole the bread off the tables of widows and orphans. We were called elitists, snobs and everything else you can think of.

I myself don't care if it becomes a sub forum. It's just easier to have somewhere to go for things specific to our ride. I still read the Rushmore forum and participate because my 14 triglide is a Rushmore. I still read and participate in the Touring forum because my Triglide is a touring bike.

I'd just like to see more activity in here.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Yeah I remember some of that.

It's all up to the Owners if they rename or make a sub forum. I've advised them this thread was here and the request is active.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:48 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

How about a "sticky" and get it out of the Tri-Glide section.....I don't want to read about Screwball and others on their Freewheelers (j/k guys)!!

Old 11-14-2014, 09:00 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Well, being one of the Freewheelers I'd just as soon NOT have a separate section. When you fragment a bulletin board too much sections seem to die. 15 members won't sustain it's own section. Just my opinion. Besides I do want to read Barbara's posts, it is all about riding, not what you ride. Just my opinion again. As long as a forum doesn't turn into a giant bitch session they are fun to read.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:38 AM
Springman2007
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by screwball
Well, being one of the Freewheelers I'd just as soon NOT have a separate section. When you fragment a bulletin board too much sections seem to die. 15 members won't sustain it's own section. Just my opinion. Besides I do want to read Barbara's posts, it is all about riding, not what you ride. Just my opinion again. As long as a forum doesn't turn into a giant bitch session they are fun to read.
I disagree, I think the Freewheeler is just starting out, and having its own forum would support its growth. The Freewheeler needs to build its identity and having its own forum would support the effort.

If we stay here in the "TriGlide" forum we pose the Freewheeler as a subset. At the very least rename this forum to support both models and future ones equally......

And, for the record, sometimes it is about what you ride.... Also, a Freewheeler Forum would have to have a sponsor - hopefully one that would help bring in more Freewheeler items too.....

Springman

Old 11-18-2014, 09:02 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Agree with Screwball.
even owning a Freakwheeler I don't post much here, just surf for ideas

Old 11-18-2014, 09:48 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Old 11-19-2014, 06:05 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

I think all trikes should just be in the touring forum. Too few in the trike forum to have any value in participating.

Quick Reply: So, when does the Freewheelr get its own Forum?