Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Chrome lower forks

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 06:34 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TSheff
Not a Trike guy - but it took me 3 hours to do my Ultra. - BE ADVISED - there is significant load on the springs so be ready - have towels and rags to protect your fender - measure fluid removed for proper refill and the BIG ONE. There is a special tool for aligning the ignition - I have done it with and without - a lot easier with the tool, but it cost between $60 - $95 depending on where you buy it.
Hmmmm so 4 hours labor = $340 - tool $95 = $245/6 hrs = $40.80/hr (not to mention the extra it will cost me because I find other stuff to do). I'm thinking that's not worth 6 hours of my life, that I'll never get back, especially during pool season ... maybe have the dealer do it.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:45 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts
Default I'm thinking Cams not Chrome

Ya know Chrome is nice really nice but... I have to draw a line maybe after I change Cams maybe. Chrome lowers is last on the list. I just can't do anything more shiney until I have a little more muscle in the motor. just sayin sitting behind my windshield. ride safely fearless

Old 03-30-2015, 07:33 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fearless (old nickname)
Ya know Chrome is nice really nice but... I have to draw a line maybe after I change Cams maybe. Chrome lowers is last on the list. I just can't do anything more shiney until I have a little more muscle in the motor. just sayin sitting behind my windshield. ride safely fearless
That's one thing about the 15 .. Lots o Punch

Old 04-04-2015, 10:28 AM
scuba1954
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I just did the front forks on my 14 trike. I have added a photo of the finished front end. I would strongly recommend that if you buy the lowers that you also buy the chrome upper. The reason for this is the chrome upper is a stainless steel which looks like chrome until you put a piece of chrome next to it and the colors are vastly different. The chrome has a blue luster where the stainless has a yellow luster. I bought my chrome upper and lowers from ***** shiny for $225.00
Far as changing them out, I removed my forks then took them to my local dealer who charged me 1 1/2 hrs labor to swap out the internal components. They are very easy to remove just make sure that before you remove them make note of how far above the top of the triple tree that the fork extends so you can put it back at the same height. You want it to be close to the original height and both at the same height.

Old 04-04-2015, 08:45 PM
FLRT
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scuba1954
I would strongly recommend that if you buy the lowers that you also buy the chrome upper. The reason for this is the chrome upper is a stainless steel which looks like chrome until you put a piece of chrome next to it and the colors are vastly different. The chrome has a blue luster where the stainless has a yellow luster.
+1 on that. I almost made that mistake until the dealer pointed out the difference.

Yours look great, Mike!!

Old 04-06-2015, 08:10 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts

They are really nice though really nice.