Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri Glide exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 09:05 AM
nomadsmc
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tri Glide exhaust

OK, I've ordered my 2016 Tri Glide. Should arrive February or March. The big question... what exhaust? I am wanting a nice deep loud rumble, but not obnoxiously loud. Thinking Harley-Davidson Screaming Eagle Street Cannons. I have Vance & Hines twin slash ovals on my Ultra Classic and they're OK, but looking for a deeper tone. I'm sure I'll get lots of input, what's everybody running for mufflers?

Old 11-02-2015, 09:17 AM
NHBAGGER
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Something to consider, lots of post on Tri heat and CAT removal. Going with a new header opens up other discussions. I went with a Fullsac CX header and a set of stock mufflers with Fullsac 2" baffles on my 14. Gave me a decent sound and proven performers.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:54 AM
Bump999
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2 cents worth......I had Vance & Hines on my 2006 Ultra Classic, and was planning on putting the same on my 2015 Tri Glide, until the parts manager at my local Harley dealer said I should consider the RCX slip-ons. So that is what I went with. I believe they have a deeper sound than the V&H slip-ons, and probably just slightly louder.

I have no regrets. I really like the sound of the RCX slip-ons. Of course, at the end of the day it is just personal preference.

Old 11-03-2015, 05:09 AM
KJB
Tourer
Received 73 Likes on 29 Posts

Hello fellow Wisconsinite. I went with the Street Canons. I'm happy with my choice.

Old 11-03-2015, 06:00 AM
captbob
Tourer
Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts

Bone stock on my 2016 Tri Glide and loving them. A neighbor who rides a Streetglide mentioned that my stock pipes sounded good. It may be in part to how they resonate with the "servicar" box on top of them. I personally want to enjoy my infotainment system without headsets from time to time so really don't want extra competition from my pipes. I had some RCX slipons that I could have put on the TG but didn't want the extra noise. On longer rides, the stock pipes seem to be plenty loud, especially when you get on the throttle hard. One of the things I plan to do with the TG is go on long trips and the drone of louder slipons is not something I was personally interested in. YMMV

Last edited by captbob; 11-03-2015 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:43 AM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

SE Fatshotz for me, tuneable and a deep rumble without droning. When I et on it, it is deep but not obsessive.

As others have said, it is just personal preference.

Steve

Old 11-03-2015, 10:01 AM
captbob
Tourer
Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve On 3
SE Fatshotz for me, tuneable and a deep rumble without droning. When I et on it, it is deep but not obsessive.

As others have said, it is just personal preference.

Steve

Steve,

Interesting YouTube video on some SE slipons. The decibel reads were similar to stock pipes but the sounds is much deeper and frankly nicer.

Old 11-03-2015, 03:22 PM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by KJB
Hello fellow Wisconsinite. I went with the Street Canons. I'm happy with my choice.

Me to

Old 11-03-2015, 03:46 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Have these magaphones on both my wife's '14 Tri Glide and my '15 Freewheeler. Sound great, nice rumble. No tuner needed.

http://www.kcint2.com/product/90-MUF...FLHX-FLHT.html

Old 11-04-2015, 06:54 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Wife has Rinehart's on her Tri, a friend has Rush on his, I have Freedom Performance on my Limited and a friend with a CVO has Full Sac 2" inserts in his stock cans. All have the cat removed except the CVO.

Rinehart's and Rush are louder than the FP, but the FP has a deeper tone. Full Sac is quieter than any of them, but gives a nice rumble instead to the tinny stock sound.

Bill

Quick Reply: Tri Glide exhaust