Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

JES Custom Accents Wind Deflectors

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 06:38 PM
paw paw willie
Banned
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default JES Custom Accents Wind Deflectors

In October I contacted Joe, the owner of JES Custom Accents about wind deflectors for the FLRT. He said he was working on it. After a few phone calls and e mails he said I was going to be his test guy. I got a pair from him this week. Their quality is excellent. Well engineered and sturdy. Plus they look good. And they work! I estimate they reduce buffeting by more than 50-60%. I tested at various speeds. The reduced buffeting was at all speeds. I'm a believer of you're on a MC, you get wind, but as a lot of us know the Free is more prone to air from under the tank. I've tried 3 different windshields. None really made a difference. I installed engine bars and put Desert Dawgs on. Didn't help. Engine just ran hotter. I highly recommend these deflectors. I am too much of a tec dummy to post pics but if you go on his web site you'll get an idea what they look like. They're like the ones pictured except they don't have the notched cut outs on the top. I have no affiliation with JES Custom Accents. Just stating my opinion. Joe seems like a stand up guy that put a lot of work into a high quality product that really works.

Last edited by paw paw willie; 01-06-2016 at 07:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Ronbo1 (06-26-2017)
Old 01-07-2016, 11:05 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

I had them on my Ultra Classic. They looked good and they worked. Very good value for the money.

Old 01-20-2016, 01:48 PM
paw paw willie
Banned
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by big mo
In October I contacted Joe, the owner of JES Custom Accents about wind deflectors for the FLRT. He said he was working on it. After a few phone calls and e mails he said I was going to be his test guy. I got a pair from him this week. Their quality is excellent. Well engineered and sturdy. Plus they look good. And they work! I estimate they reduce buffeting by more than 50-60%. I tested at various speeds. The reduced buffeting was at all speeds. I'm a believer of you're on a MC, you get wind, but as a lot of us know the Free is more prone to air from under the tank. I've tried 3 different windshields. None really made a difference. I installed engine bars and put Desert Dawgs on. Didn't help. Engine just ran hotter. I highly recommend these deflectors. I am too much of a tec dummy to post pics but if you go on his web site you'll get an idea what they look like. They're like the ones pictured except they don't have the notched cut outs on the top. I have no affiliation with JES Custom Accents. Just stating my opinion. Joe seems like a stand up guy that put a lot of work into a high quality product that really works.

FLRT wind deflectors are up on his web site now. He's doing a limited run to see how they sell.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:52 PM
foundryratjim
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I pre ordered mine yesterday.

Old 01-29-2016, 03:51 PM
crnt918
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a set on my police bike, what a difference!

Old 02-07-2016, 08:22 AM
foundryratjim
Cruiser

I received this email this morning....

I have received the parts from my Sheet metal Company and

I am shipping them to the chromer Sunday 2/7/16

Joseph E Stewart

Old 02-27-2016, 04:02 PM
foundryratjim
Cruiser

Originally Posted by foundryratjim
I received this email this morning....

I have received the parts from my Sheet metal Company and

I am shipping them to the chromer Sunday 2/7/16

Joseph E Stewart
Installed mine today. Went for a short ride and the do seem to make a difference. They are also well made.

After<br/>

Before

Old 05-09-2021, 05:25 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,500 Likes on 1,608 Posts

I've had these on 4 Heritage Softails going back to '92 (my wife still has one) and I also had/have them one UC and one CVO Ultra and they look great and they do work.
IMHO, they work better on the Heritage than they do on the Ultras but they still help with the wind deflection and they look great.

If you currently own a Heritage and you are debating whether they are worth buying as a "functional" part, here's a way of determining that:
Take your (stock) Heritage for a ride and at about 40 MPH cross your left arm across your chest and notice the difference in wind flow.
That is the best way that I can describe how and what they do.

Old 05-10-2021, 06:04 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 324 Likes on 222 Posts

I have them on my 16 Tri and live in AZ where it gets well over 100 degrees and stays there for at least 100 days. I leave them on all year round because they work. I had them on my '09 UC and my 14 Limited but thought I should take them off during the Summer but decided to leave them on the Tri all year. To me they are one of the best investments.

Old 05-10-2021, 06:27 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,500 Likes on 1,608 Posts

I haven't put them on my Tri-Glide yet as I was worried about depriving the engine of cooling air.
If you live in AZ and have them seems to me that they wouldn't do any harm to my trike in Michigan!
I do have the DK Products wind deflectors and they help in deflecting wind that comes up and over the fuel tank.

Quick Reply: JES Custom Accents Wind Deflectors