Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Doc's Performance Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 09:33 PM
HarleyDawg
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Doc's Performance Tuning

After a lengthy discussion with my awesome wife, I will be setting up a appointment with Doc to add the TTS100 cam and TTS tuner to the trike. Even though Doc's Dyno can't handle a trike, he said he will be able to make the trike run like a new one. I trust Doc to tune the trike without a Dyno. The trike currently has a Screamin Race Tuner and Air Cleaner with V&H power duals. I'm experiencing mild popping on decel and feel something is not right with the tune on it now. I called a Harley dealer today that had a Dyno that can handle a trike and inquired if they a had a expert on the SERT and their response was any of our techs can do it. My response was ok, I'll call you back later to set up an appointment.......NOT

I'm looking opinions here and suggestions and any and all will be appreciated.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:40 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Doc will get it done for you. I've sent other folks his direction and they've road away a happy customer.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:14 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Doc is a class act.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:02 PM
Fusionfool
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Just got my 2013 out for a longer ride today since putting in the TTS100 CAMS, have to say I like them so far. I have a Power Vision and still performing auto tune runs now to get it dialed in. Dyno Jet provided me with a start tune that was actually very good start. Now I just have to get over the urge to give it hell during my auto tunes. Little hard right now, the TTS100's really gave her some spunk.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:11 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Sounds good... keep us in the loop please

Old 04-17-2016, 04:48 AM
Fusionfool
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Well now I think she is tuned pretty good. Took the wife out and we ran multiple Power Vision tunes yesterday, down to only 5% change the last two. Over all very pleased with the TTS100 CAM's. Average 32.4 Mpg (200 miles mostly 60 mph county roads), power steady from rolling off dead stop up through 3500 rpm. Took one interstate run and I did notice a little loss at 80 mph right and hill clime she started to loose ground in 6th and dropped me back to 75 mph. No big disappointment though interstate is not our normal ride.

Old 04-17-2016, 09:08 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by Fusionfool
Well now I think she is tuned pretty good. Took the wife out and we ran multiple Power Vision tunes yesterday, down to only 5% change the last two. Over all very pleased with the TTS100 CAM's. Average 32.4 Mpg (200 miles mostly 60 mph county roads), power steady from rolling off dead stop up through 3500 rpm. Took one interstate run and I did notice a little loss at 80 mph right and hill clime she started to loose ground in 6th and dropped me back to 75 mph. No big disappointment though interstate is not our normal ride.
Same for me at 80 and above 2 up. Guess the TG is like pushing a 4 x 8 piece of plywood against a 80 MPH wind. Even my truck has to downshift sometimes.

MPG of 32 seems to be right on the money. Depends on the throttle twisting and load. I pushed 34 MPG once but I didn't enjoy it much. Was like sipping on a beer instead of drinking it.

I keep the TTS plugged in and recording. Not that my VE's are off but I'm still working on timing and EGR with varying road conditions and temps.

Old 04-17-2016, 12:05 PM
TheBobs
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Fusionfool

When my friend and I did our SaddleSore/BunBurner run a couple years ago, I could not go the legal speed limit (80 mph) on the I-15 in Utah into a headwind. Big barn door going down the road! Had to downshift a couple times into 4th to avoid getting run over. That was with a stock cam. Now my friend has an Ultra and wants to do the same run again. This time I have a TTS-100. I hope for better performance this time in the real mountains. Maybe hold my own in 5th?
Running to Paso Robles and back for a case of wine, I had to go up and down 4 tiny mountain ranges. Big Blue handled them with ease. Speed limit is 55 mph, but I ran the whole time 60-65 in 5th. Oh ya, mama won't ride along, so I threw in 3 bags of thinset. 32.7 mpg. Needless to say I love my TTS-100s. Like Wiz, I'm dialing in my timing in the open loop areas. V-Tune has done a good job dealing with timing in the closed loop area of the tune.

Old 04-17-2016, 02:37 PM
Clint44
Road Warrior
Received 660 Likes on 411 Posts

Pardon my ignorance but who is this Doc fella and where is he located?
Thanks

Old 04-17-2016, 02:47 PM
HarleyDawg
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Clint44
Pardon my ignorance but who is this Doc fella and where is he located?
Thanks
The best in the business.

http://www.docsperformancetuning.com

Quick Reply: Doc's Performance Tuning