Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Fairing Lower Pouch

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 02:55 PM
bagger51
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Fairing Lower Pouch

Just got a new 2016 TG. I am really loving it. Great ride. I had a Road Glide and an 06 Dyna before. On the Road Glide I used a tank bag and the Glove Box for small stuff like the garage door opener. On the Dyna I had a windshield bag. With the driver's com port on the TG a tank bag doesn't work as well and the current windshield bag/pouches for the TG got mixed results from what I could see. The windshield bag I took off the Dyna doesn't fit the TG. Sooooo, I re-purposed it based on another idea I seen on these forums (sorry, I don't remember who it was). I took one of the pouches off of the windshield bag, punched a couple of holes in it, drilled two holes in lower, put some very, very small bolts, washers and nuts through and mounted it up. The end of the bolts are nowhere close to the cooling jug. I think it's going to work perfect. Garage opener in it when I am around home and toll tickets/cash when I travel. My wife is shocked that I didn't have to buy anything to do it as opposed to all of the mods I'm doing. Here is a picture of it:

The following 3 users liked this post by bagger51:
Cagmo (08-18-2016), Fearless (old nickname) (08-15-2016), whocares (08-15-2016)
Old 08-14-2016, 05:33 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You rock buddy!!!! I have a windshield bag system from my 2 Ultra Classics. I saw that thing earlier today in the garage, and thought I should just sell it on e-bay. This is awesome!!

Old 08-15-2016, 07:24 AM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

Super idea ........... Now waiting to hear about the cease and desist order from the Mo-Co for stealing their idea ................ jk

Old 08-15-2016, 08:31 AM
bagger51
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Probably put one on the other side too I have two pouches left from the windshield bag.

Old 08-15-2016, 02:30 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

F**k the MoCo. I'm still bitchin that they stopped including the cigarette lighter on the Ultras. And don't even get me started about requiring the bike to be in neutral to start....WTF!!~!

Old 08-15-2016, 06:33 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Trying for an aneurysm are we ? The trike can be started in gear fyi. The how to is explained very clearly in the owner's manual. 1)Pull the clutch lever in. 2)Step on either the brake pedal or, pull back on the hand brake lever. 3) Press starter rocker. Simple !

Old 08-15-2016, 06:34 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Oh yeah, the ignition switch must be in the on position too ................... ymmv

Old 08-18-2016, 05:29 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
Trying for an aneurysm are we ? The trike can be started in gear fyi. The how to is explained very clearly in the owner's manual. 1)Pull the clutch lever in. 2)Step on either the brake pedal or, pull back on the hand brake lever. 3) Press starter rocker. Simple !
You can start it in gear, but I don't recommend it. Had a lot of issues when I first got my TG because for years I always left my bikes in 1st gear and would start them that way. The TG did NOT like that. After reading some posts on here about I have been consciously trying to start in neutral and have had zero probs doing that since.

Rax

Old 08-18-2016, 05:53 PM
rhino 2
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts

When the engine is cold i always start in Neutral clutch in. Trike or Bike.
Hot/Warm engine i start in first clutch in...Just something I've always done.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:49 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Raxus
You can start it in gear, but I don't recommend it. Had a lot of issues when I first got my TG because for years I always left my bikes in 1st gear and would start them that way. The TG did NOT like that. After reading some posts on here about I have been consciously trying to start in neutral and have had zero probs doing that since.

Rax
Funny, I've never had an issue. Started my FLHRPI police motor that way many times over the years and never had a failure. I would imagine if Harley-Davidson had an issue with one doing so, they would not have taken the time to explain in detail how to do it in the owner's manual ........ ymmv

Quick Reply: Fairing Lower Pouch