Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

2017 Freewheeler Windshield Options

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 09:21 PM
rietherll
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Freewheeler Windshield Options

Hello,

I have been searching the forums here for a good looking windshield for it.. I have been looking at the HD WindSplitter windshield.. I know its not made for the freewheeler, but will it work?!?! I have seen a picture on here with a freewheeler with one on it.. Is there any additional parts needed other thank the windshield kit?? Also, i know there are a couple different ones, can anyone tell me the correct part number to get??

Thanks
Loren

Old 01-24-2017, 08:09 PM
gerald martin
Road Master
Received 447 Likes on 292 Posts

tried it on my freewheeler, looks bad wind is right in your face almost pulls your helmet off. Luckily dealer took it back

Old 01-25-2017, 04:40 PM
tzman
Cruiser

Any windshield that fits a Roadking will work on your FW

Old 01-25-2017, 08:41 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I bought the first Freewheeler delivered to the dealer, so they didn't have any accessories available when we picked it up. Soooo

In 2008 wife bought a new Deluxe. It came with a windshield that she never used. It hung from the rafters in our garage for 6 years. The supports were wide enough, but the quick connect holes and slots were in the wrong place. I re-drilled and filed he slots so it fit. It was about 4 inches too tall, so using a hack saw blade in a jig saw I cut it down, filed and polished the cut edge. Works great and you can't beat the cost.

The crash bars are from my '08 Ultra. I replaced the lower fairings with the bars in the summer. They were also hanging from the rafters.

Attached Thumbnails 2017 Freewheeler Windshield Options-screwball_windshield.jpg-c.jpg  
Old 02-22-2017, 06:52 PM
PacoTheBear
Stage II

Curious as an ordering a 2017.
Saw accessories had a 16" and a 20" as Freewheeler options. I am taller so was considering going fir the 20".

Any suggestions / opinions ?

Old 02-24-2017, 02:49 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I have and use a windsplitter windshield for a road king on my 15 freewheeler. Once you get the vent adjusted properly there is no wind behind this windshield. I have ridden 80 MPH all the way across montana in all weathers in comfort. I am 5 foot 10 inches tall. I also ride wearing a full face helmet.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:02 AM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Went and did it. After using wife's altered Deluxe windshield for years I broke down and bought a Memphis Shade bat wing shield. Been looking at them for years and liked the look, just never bothered. Just had back surgery and want to eliminate the chest pressure from the wind so went and did it. Won't be able to test it for a few more weeks when the back heals up.

Whole job took about 45 minutes from un-boxing to quick wax job. That included about 10 minutes when I had to get down on all 4s to pick up the bolt I dropped and get back up again

The picture showing the inside you can see the bracket I built that holds my GPS and iPad

Attached Thumbnails 2017 Freewheeler Windshield Options-freewheeler-batwing.jpg   2017 Freewheeler Windshield Options-freewheeler-batwing-2.jpg  
Old 07-31-2017, 06:43 PM
Ronbo1
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm 6' 1'' and like the 20 inch on mine, still see over it. I still got a lot of wind turbulence so I put on front fork air deflectors and it was like night and day... especially above 50mph. It also makes the front wheel much more stable at 65mph+ The look isn't the greatest, but I can now ride 300-400 miles a day with no wind fugitive. Aftermarket part...

The following users liked this post:
Twillis (08-03-2017)
Old 02-16-2020, 10:58 PM
Ansel
3rd Gear
Default Batwing & freewheeler

Originally Posted by screwball
Went and did it. After using wife's altered Deluxe windshield for years I broke down and bought a Memphis Shade bat wing shield. Been looking at them for years and liked the look, just never bothered. Just had back surgery and want to eliminate the chest pressure from the wind so went and did it. Won't be able to test it for a few more weeks when the back heals up.

Whole job took about 45 minutes from un-boxing to quick wax job. That included about 10 minutes when I had to get down on all 4s to pick up the bolt I dropped and get back up again

The picture showing the inside you can see the bracket I built that holds my GPS and iPad
yo. Man any chance you could let me know witch bike has the same front end as the freewheeler every time I look at the Memphis shades and enter my bike it says probably won’t fit. First bike.

The day I pulled the trigger

Dec 3 2019 she came home.

Old 02-17-2020, 12:00 AM
Clint44
Road Warrior
Received 660 Likes on 411 Posts

FLHR Road King

Quick Reply: 2017 Freewheeler Windshield Options