Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

LRB Drilled Rear Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 05:12 PM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default LRB Drilled Rear Rotors

Just got these back from Lyndall Racing Brakes tonight. Sorry but with all the snow I wont be able to test them for a bit. Paul Kittrell, President of LRB feels that this will help if not take care of the rear braking problem we have. If you want more info call him 1-800-400-9409. A week or so earlier and I could have given feedback on how they work.
The dark color on the rotor is blueing from the layout.

Attached Thumbnails LRB Drilled Rear Rotors-img_0307_1.jpg  

Last edited by icebite1; 12-07-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:06 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by icebite1
Just got these back from Lyndall Racing Brakes tonight. Sorry but with all the snow I wont be able to test them for a bit. Paul Kittrell, President of LRB feels that this will help if not take care of the rear braking problem we have. If you want more info call him 1-800-400-9409. A week or so earlier and I could have given feedback on how they work.
First off what was the cost of the rotor work? Second, I can't believe that you are letting a little snow stop you.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:05 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ice,
I too am curious about the cost and anxious to know if these rotors are the answer to our rear brake problem. Please keep us posted.

Thank you,

Jim

Old 12-08-2010, 07:19 AM
icebite1
Road Warrior

Sorry guys, we have 10"+ snow accumalation so far as shown by the pic I took this morning, no salt on the roads yet, they use sand mostly here in the boondocks. The cost should be $100 for both rotors but call and talk to Paul. Unfortunatly the snow got here befor I got the rotors back but im confident that at the least this will take care of brake fade and thereby help in stopping.

Attached Thumbnails LRB Drilled Rear Rotors-img_0309.jpg  

Last edited by icebite1; 12-08-2010 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ice,
Would these be the same replacement rotors for a 2011 as well? I'm trying to sell off my stash of EVO parts and start collecting Tri-Glide parts as $$$ allow. Are they made out of stainless or what?
Buddy....

Old 12-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ice, did they also do a little resurfacing on those rotors? I would hope if they noticed a little galling that they would. There is also a concern of the .22" thickness limit so they couldn't take off too much.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:49 AM
icebite1
Road Warrior

Thess are my stock '10 rotors and are interchangeable with '11 rotors. They did not resurface them but could if requested.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:16 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

They look nice, it'll be interesting to see how well they work for you.

Old 02-05-2015, 10:27 AM
SeanSean1
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drilled rotors

i know this is an old thread... but can you tell me what size holes that were drilled in the rotors? i figured out the pattern and have the capability to do this myself .... just wanted to verify.. if ya can... THANKS!

Old 02-05-2015, 03:59 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,342 Likes on 11,167 Posts

Does anyone have any feedback on drilled rear rotors. IMHO, we all know the rear OEM brakes are not the best. But, I don't understand how the original rotors being drilled will improve braking performance. The article below explains drilling and slotted advantages as three points: 1) reduces heat buildup, 2) releases gases between the pad and rotor, 3) helps eliminate water.

So, are our rear marginal brakes a result of any of these or just inadequate braking surface area and force?

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/auto-p...ke-rotors1.htm

Quick Reply: LRB Drilled Rear Rotors