Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 01:07 AM
ELVISTO
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took my 2014 in to the dealer yesterday , to get the clutch hydraulics Re-call done, What a difference it's made,

Good job I come on here or I wouldn't have known about it,

Old 11-20-2014, 11:59 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,941 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Originally Posted by ELVISTO
Took my 2014 in to the dealer yesterday , to get the clutch hydraulics Re-call done, What a difference it's made,

Good job I come on here or I wouldn't have known about it,
I need to get mine in for the recall...I wasn't aware it would make a difference in function or feel. Could you share what is different about it afterwards...might get me motivated to get it in there.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 11-21-2014, 12:31 AM
ELVISTO
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I took your advise and fitted redline oil Kevin, Reason being I was crunching gears when it warmed up, ( only in the last 1,000 miles though)

Then I read on here about the clutch recall , seems the first seal in the master cylinder can turn inside out, (that's what the tech told me) sounds logical, then you don't get full clutch movement,

All good now,

Old 11-22-2014, 10:48 AM
LKHA
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ordered both service manuals so we can get closer to each other lol

Old 11-22-2014, 11:58 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by ELVISTO
Yes, I took your advise and fitted redline oil Kevin, Reason being I was crunching gears when it warmed up, ( only in the last 1,000 miles though)

Then I read on here about the clutch recall , seems the first seal in the master cylinder can turn inside out, (that's what the tech told me) sounds logical, then you don't get full clutch movement,

All good now,
Cool! I need to get mine in.

But today it is a nice 65* (we've been having weather in the 20's and 30's) so Mary and I are headed out for a nice 200 mile loop on some country roads!

Old 11-22-2014, 01:16 PM
TrapshooterBob
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The latest lutch recall (10/2014) was for a possible tear in the rubber boot that the piston slides in .... I read the recall letter at my Dealer .... which could cause the clutch to release while holding at a light. Said to stay in neutral t'ill ready to go and not sit with clutch held in until repairs were made. I suspect a tear could also cause you to not get 100% clutch movement when engaged. NOTHING about turning inside out was in that letter.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:53 AM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
If it snows before you get a warm day, there's still going to be salt on the roads (it doesn't just dissapear). So you might as well just keep it in the garage until after the first 2 or 3 heavy rains in the spring - that is, if you are really worried about the salt.

I took care of that problem by spraying my bike with S100 Corrosion Protectant. I can ride all winter salt or no salt and not have a problem. Haven't had a problem in over 5 years. Bike still looks like it came off the showroom floor.

Spend a few $$$ and do yours, then you won't have to worry if you get a nice day or two. What can it hurt?
thanks' did not know of that stuff but normally wait for a few good rains like you said and just switch off to some of my winter hobbies

Old 11-23-2014, 01:14 PM
hapbob
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Yoea

Kinda warm here today...looked at mud in drive and said nope not going to get her dirty for a ride. I had clutch recall done few weeks ago and I didn't notice anything different with new orings or whatever they did to it. I have never thought it pulled hard. I wish I had winter hobby all mine are summer...so I sit and watch football!

Old 11-23-2014, 06:56 PM
TrapshooterBob
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Took Roxy (2014) out for a spin. After 166 days I now have 6582 miles. The 1983 FXDG I traded in was a special edition bike. I pampered it and rode the same amount of miles in 31 years and 3 months.

The wife and I are much happier with Roxy. I will never buy another limited edition collectible cycle. We want to ride!!!!!

Retired life is Great.

Bob

Old 11-23-2014, 07:23 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by TrapshooterBob
Took Roxy (2014) out for a spin. After 166 days I now have 6582 miles. The 1983 FXDG I traded in was a special edition bike. I pampered it and rode the same amount of miles in 31 years and 3 months.

The wife and I are much happier with Roxy. I will never buy another limited edition collectible cycle. We want to ride!!!!!

Retired life is Great.

Bob
Wow! Glad to hear you're enjoying retirement! One day....

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?