Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Custom Dynamics equalizer install

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 07:29 AM
Scorpio49
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Dynamics equalizer install

2013 TriGlide. Considering installing CD's dynamic rings in front turn signals. I've been told I will need an equalizer(Gen-Hd-Stabilizer). It's 2 plugs and 2 battery leads. Their directions are very vague. In the simplest terms, where do I plug the equalizer into and where are the plugs found on the Trike?

Also, i've read some have had issues with Radio interference from the install. Any input there would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 10-29-2014, 07:56 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

yes you need a load equalizer on your particular bike for the LEDs.

pull your seat off, right behind the battery sitting pretty much where the rear fender meets the frame you'll see a large black plug there that looks like this.

unplug it, plug one end of your controller into one of the black plugs and the other end of the controller into the other plug. power and ground your controller.

you are correct with the interference. CD controllers are known to cause RF interference because of the inexpensive components used to manufacture the controller. Do yourself a favor and toss it or return it and get a Badlands controller. I've seen these CD controllers interfere with Radio, CB, and handlebar controls. In all fairness to CD, I've seen moving the ground location solve nothing. I've seen the ground not being connected at all solve nothing either. But then again I've seen some of these CD controllers not cause any issues at all.

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 10-29-2014 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:10 AM
Scorpio49
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
yes you need a load equalizer on your particular bike for the LEDs.

pull your seat off, right behind the battery sitting pretty much where the rear fender meets the frame you'll see a large black plug there that looks like this.

unplug it, plug one end of your controller into one of the black plugs and the other end of the controller into the other plug. power and ground your controller.

you are correct with the interference. CD controllers are known to cause RF interference because of the inexpensive components used to manufacture the controller. Do yourself a favor and toss it or return it and get a Badlands controller. I've seen these CD controllers interfere with Radio, CB, and handlebar controls. In all fairness to CD, I've seen moving the ground location solve nothing. I've seen the ground not being connected at all solve nothing either. But then again I've seen some of these CD controllers not cause any issues at all.
S

Thanks. Some very good informaton I can use. I just checked out the Badlands equalizer. Looks like the have one that is plug and play without any battery leads. Seems simple enough now that I know where to hook it up to. Thanks again for the details.