Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri glide insurance cost

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 04:45 PM
Tri glide 10
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tri glide insurance cost

Just thought I would throw this out there and see if others have discussed this with their insurance company? State Farm told me my bike is not covered if I break down on the road. I never got a real good answer but "that is the way motorcycles are covered" I pay more for this Tri glide than I do on my wifes Lexus ...I see no reason why I have to purchase "hog" insurance to cover a break down or run out of gas etc etc... Anyone got any suggestions or is this true nation wide with all Insurance companys? AK

Old 12-30-2009, 05:16 PM
grandpawmoses
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought insurance with Progressive, partially because of past motorcycle insurance with them. My auto insurance agent (Alfa) quoted nearly double the Progressive rate but I don't believe they really want to insure bikes. I'm not sure that my accident insurance would cover towing for a breakdown either but I did fork out for the extended warranty with the tire hazard rider that will cover it. On another note, the cheapest rate I was quoted (Progressive) was $925 /year on the TG for my location. Now that's 50% higher than my 2008 auto rate.
GPM

Old 12-30-2009, 05:25 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tri glide 10
Just thought I would throw this out there and see if others have discussed this with their insurance company? State Farm told me my bike is not covered if I break down on the road. I never got a real good answer but "that is the way motorcycles are covered" I pay more for this Tri glide than I do on my wifes Lexus ...I see no reason why I have to purchase "hog" insurance to cover a break down or run out of gas etc etc... Anyone got any suggestions or is this true nation wide with all Insurance companys? AK
I have State Farm on My TG pay $545 a year. Full coverage. Im 59

Old 12-30-2009, 05:35 PM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My TG insurance only went up 51 bucks from my '05 Road Glide. It's with Progressive that Harley Insurance continued to recommend. I also had lojack installed which gave me a discount. I am 63.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:55 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I originally had Progressive and then at renewal they went sky high. I switched over to Nationwide. I am only a tender 25 years old.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:00 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Aarp

Ok! Laugh if you will but yea, I got the AARP Insurance on my geezer Harley. At $356 a year full coverage I can take the jokes! I'm 59 and I carry my cars and home through them! Good rates also, perfect credit score and paying cash for the Trike I feel got me a better rate also!

Progressive was way out of line on that quote, if you are over 50 and own a Harley Hoveround check out AARP! They can't be touched on my auto rates either!

Just don't laugh, that walker on the back is considered a deadly weapon in Florida

Old 12-30-2009, 06:07 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Embellished just a little?

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
I originally had Progressive and then at renewal they went sky high. I switched over to Nationwide. I am only a tender 25 years old.
You pulling our leg! I hear you got regrets that are over 25 years old

Old 12-30-2009, 06:33 PM
Tri glide 10
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does full coverage get you help if your broken down or run out of gas etc? I pay $460 a year...I'm 58 ....I just dont understand why I cant get RSA as with my other covered vehicles. I even offered to pay more but they dont have that coverage! Its got 3 wheels..not 2 wheels! they just laughed at me...

Old 12-30-2009, 06:42 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Run out of gas? You're kidding, right? I have AAA rec/motorcycle coverage, so if you mean "break down" i.e., towing, then the above coverage will do it. I have Geico at $350 full(er) coverage on TG....I'm over 25 yrs old!

Old 12-30-2009, 08:16 PM
ON-3
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

$279 / yr. with Foremost; $500 deductible + $3500 optional equip. coverage. Towing & roadside assist included.
64 next month!
Totaled a bike 4yrs. ago when I had Progressive, they were great to deal with but last year their rates more than doubled.

Quick Reply: Tri glide insurance cost