Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Tri Glide Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Tri Glide Models Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Tri Glide Trike. Have at it!
Sponsored by: DK Custom Products

P

Old 05-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Road Master
Default Tri-Glide Lift Kit

I have seen several recommendations to add a "Lift Kit" to my new tri-glide. Sorry for the naive questions...but:
- Does this lift the rear end?
- If so, how much?
- I can understand reducing pipe scratching which is not a problem for me, but folks have mentioned that it helps handling. Does it really help handling, and if so how? Wouldn't it handle in the corners better with a lower profile???

I have a lot to learn, but am having fun doing it. For now, I am just confused...
Old 05-18-2012, 05:39 PM
One Of The Regulars

If you have not scraped you are very luckey. I installed them on mine and they do help the cornering and the ride or so it seems to me. And everyone that has installed them I have not heard of anyone taking them back off so they must help.

sprinkman
Old 05-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Senior Rider

It helped with my scraping. Pretty easy mod. Handling seems about the same for me.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:12 PM
Senior Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGeezer View Post
I have seen several recommendations to add a "Lift Kit" to my new tri-glide. Sorry for the naive questions...but:
- If so, how much?
- I can understand reducing pipe scratching which is not a problem for me, but folks have mentioned that it helps handling. Does it really help handling, and if so how? Wouldn't it handle in the corners better with a lower profile???

I have a lot to learn, but am having fun doing it. For now, I am just confused...
You're right, it's completely counter-intuitive.

Someone posted last week that it definitely made his trike easier to lift a rear wheel when cornering.

I know a lot of guys say it helps handling but I have to wonder if maybe they're talking about ease of steering or something else. There is just no way that raising a vehicle, any vehicle I can think of is going to make it handle better. It's like saying I increased my fuel mileage by adding weight.

I just don't see how it could be.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Prospect

I think a lift would be a good idea. Then you could let some air out of shocks and have a softer ride. I have a cycle trailer and cannot get it out without scrapping mufflers. Luckily its in my garage...in trailer on concrete so haven't ruined anything yet. I have the front end of trailer as high as it will go too.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:37 AM
Club Member

Adding the lift kit is money well spent. I was able to lower my shock pressure which made a more comfortable ride for my bride. The lift brackets I installed were the 1.25". It raised the rear 1.25". I no longer scrape my mufflers and the steering appears to be a little quicker.

2009 Triglide - Wood TW555 Cams, Suspension Lift By TglideStuff, Butter Smooth Clutch Pull by ClutchWIZ.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:17 AM
Road Master

I got a set the first lift brackets from Dennis , tglide stuff now, and have had only positive results. There are a lot of posts about them if you do a search, probably too many to read but lots of good feedback, and i can only remember one person removing them because he felt it made the steering too quick.
They are not an exspensive mod and fairly easy to install, if you dont like them im sure they would be easy to sell.
Viet Vet
American Legion Rider
Patriot Guard Rider
HOG Member 45th Parallel
Old 05-19-2012, 09:13 AM
Road Master

Best mod to date on my 2011 Triglide.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:17 AM
One Of The Regulars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGeezer View Post
- If so, how much?

...if you have not scraped yet....you have not ridden much !!!!....it is only a matter of time....i installed the lift kit on my t/g...it is the only mod i have performed ... and i like the lift, the look and the handling ......if you dont have the books yet....get a H/D service and parts manual....they are a great help and this job is not hard.....try it you will like it.!!!!
Old 05-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Club Member

Ditto what the rest of the folks said, best money I ever spent.

Red Ultra Powered By Head-Quarters 120, Easy Clutch Pull By ClutchWIZ
2012 GL1800 Hannigan.
I've yet to ride a stock Harley which wasn't in need of a mechanical intervention.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:52 PM

P