Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 09:41 PM
sloufoot
Received 4,082 Likes on 3,484 Posts

Originally Posted by Fearless (old nickname)
Got off work looked at my bride and we were off not many days like this left in PA this time of year. We only went 50 or so miles but we still got to warm up the heat monster. By the way has anyone used Mothers Power metal polish, my wheels have slight staining or possibly a corrosive etching I have been told this polish with the mini polishing ball will remove any light etching stains. any experience with this product would be greatly appreciated
I use the Mothers ball with Flitz metal polish, or Gord's metal polish. If the ball seems a little too soft get a polishing wheel from Harbor Freight in cotton. Haven't found a stain yet I haven't been able to remove. Sometimes it takes a while. But they all have come off. So far......

Old 10-19-2014, 09:52 PM
sloufoot
Received 4,082 Likes on 3,484 Posts

Originally Posted by LKHA
What did you use to seal it ours also has no seal
You can use a good bathtub silicone sealer when you put in the screw or bolt with a washer on both sides will seal it. Look on the inside of the trunk. There is usually some sealer around all the screws in there.
If you have a water problem take it back to the dealer. It is a Harley problem, & has been on many Trikes since they started making them. Mostly at the seal on the door.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:54 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by sloufoot
You can use a good bathtub silicone sealer when you put in the screw or bolt with a washer on both sides will seal it. Look on the inside of the trunk. There is usually some sealer around all the screws in there.
If you have a water problem take it back to the dealer. It is a Harley problem, & has been on many Trikes since they started making them. Mostly at the seal on the door.
I agree 100%. That was my first thought.

Old 10-23-2014, 04:14 PM
TrapshooterBob
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At 5800 smiles I finally removed the WARNING sticker from the Air Cleaner.

Bob

Old 10-23-2014, 07:02 PM
Earlham
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I installed the DK Comfort lift kit and the garage door remote opener that hooks into the high beam headlight switch today. So far I only put on about 25 miles so I'm still evaluating the lift kit. It sure looks better sitting there. And I love the garage door opener. I still have the warning sticker on mine Bob!

Old 10-23-2014, 07:29 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,941 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Originally Posted by Earlham
I installed the DK Comfort lift kit and the garage door remote opener that hooks into the high beam headlight switch today. So far I only put on about 25 miles so I'm still evaluating the lift kit. It sure looks better sitting there. And I love the garage door opener. I still have the warning sticker on mine Bob!
Good to hear!

Make sure you experiment with different PSI in the shocks to find the "sweet spot", remembering, as little as 2 PSI can make a significant difference in the feel of the ride.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 10-24-2014, 05:53 PM
fmgsr
Road Master
Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

So I went down to the garage this morning, She blinks her headlights at me, as if I don't take her out EVERY DAY. Took her for brunch, Starbucks, post office, drug store, and the long way home. She was more than satisfied, she got her 75 miles or so.
I get her home, post office left her new fangs.
http://www.jescustomaccents.com/prod...&categoryId=34 . Bought her the black ones. So I sat with her for 45 minutes and put them on. She starts blinking her headlights again. Got her mad, I said tomorrow.
Im anxious how my beard is gonna react to them!

Old 10-24-2014, 06:11 PM
coronetracer65
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I did the infotainment software download today , went well !

Old 10-26-2014, 02:49 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,941 Likes on 2,296 Posts

It hit 83* here today!

Mary and I went out for a ride...we decided to try and ride only secondary roads we had never been on before.

4 hours, with several stops to check out interesting sights, and 110 miles later we got back home, with less than 20 of those miles being on roads we had ridden before.

Super nice afternoon of putting around.

Oh, and we hit some not so great roads, so we also got some good testing in on the on-board air system.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:22 AM
fmgsr
Road Master
Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

Well, yesterday we tried out those new fangs. What a major surprise. My beard stopped splitting down the middle, and blowing all the bugs out. Now, I have to go to the barber, get some chopped down.
FANGS +1

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?