Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Tri Glide Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Tri Glide Models Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Tri Glide Trike. Have at it!
Sponsored by: DK Custom Products

P

Old 02-21-2014, 06:01 PM
Road Master
Default I hear

I hear ya and your right all I probably need is a open trailer.
But I want an enclosed...in case I change my mind or could use it for other hauling needs. With salt/slush and crap that winter brings enclosed is better for a lot of reasons.
Keep those inputs comming
Hap
SOLD 2009 Road King
2007 Honda Helix
Old 02-21-2014, 06:21 PM
New Member Moderator
rahartley sloufoot sloufoot

Hap
Never get a trailer you have to shoehorn your Trike into! You will regret it later!
2012 Tri-Glide, DK's Lift Brackets, S&S Power Tune Duals Header, V&H Monster Rounds, Arlen Ness Big Sucker AC, FCS Fans, Tank raised 2", Dual Halogen Headlight, L.R.S 10" Recurve Windshield, RZ Seat, Tourpak 1"raise & 2" back & Light conversion, PV w/autotune, Bagger Bar, Harley 2" pullback bars, Progressive air shocks, Running AmsOil in all Boxes.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintshooter54 View Post
hapbob,
I found out length don't hurt you to bad in the actual towing. Once you cut the wind the extra just follows. Extra 2' don't add much weight. My 16' V nose pulls a lot easier than the 14' flat nose I borrowed two years ago. It was like pulling a parachute. Now finding a place to park it or store it the 2' is a problem. I am hauling a trike and a bike or two behind that. So I needed the 16' but if it was just one trike I think you are right in line. Maybe a 7 X 12 if you ever plan to camp in it too. A little extra length allows you to position the trike over the axles for the optimum trailer tongue weight too. I don't have much room length wise and am a little more nose heavy than I would like but nothing I can do about it except load all extra gear in the back.
So you are getting a trike and another bike in a 7X16? I'm looking for an enclosed trailer to haul my Ultra and wife's Tri-Glide and figure I would need a 7X20. Can you get them both in staggered? Open for ideas.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:19 AM
Road Master
Default Sloufoot

Sloufoot you are correct!

I know better, I have a garage I need to do that and have always said buy/build bigger !

Hows Idaho winter? I lived in Caldwell/Nampa area for 5 years in the 80s.
I loved Idaho and I thought winters were kinda mild.

thanks

Hap
SOLD 2009 Road King
2007 Honda Helix
Old 02-22-2014, 04:42 PM
New Member Moderator
rahartley sloufoot sloufoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapbob View Post
Sloufoot you are correct!

I know better, I have a garage I need to do that and have always said buy/build bigger !

Hows Idaho winter? I lived in Caldwell/Nampa area for 5 years in the 80s.
I loved Idaho and I thought winters were kinda mild.

thanks

Hap
The temps here in south eastern Idaho have been not too bad, in the low 40's. But over in the Nampa valley it has been in the 50's. Not much snow here in the valley, but all surrounded by it. There has been a lot of wind this year. Takes the 40* back down to the high 20's. A few rides but they are short !
2012 Tri-Glide, DK's Lift Brackets, S&S Power Tune Duals Header, V&H Monster Rounds, Arlen Ness Big Sucker AC, FCS Fans, Tank raised 2", Dual Halogen Headlight, L.R.S 10" Recurve Windshield, RZ Seat, Tourpak 1"raise & 2" back & Light conversion, PV w/autotune, Bagger Bar, Harley 2" pullback bars, Progressive air shocks, Running AmsOil in all Boxes.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:08 PM
Senior Rider

Yes I can get both the Trike and the Electraglide Limited in the 16' trailer. But remember it has a 3' V nose. Most of the manufactures I looked at did not have a 3' V. Most were 18" to 24" R & R had the option of a 7'6" wide trailer. I went that rout. This made the nose about 3'3" inside. I will enclose a picture of the distance between both bikes. Wheel chock not installed yet in this picture, but the doors are closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapman View Post
So you are getting a trike and another bike in a 7X16? I'm looking for an enclosed trailer to haul my Ultra and wife's Tri-Glide and figure I would need a 7X20. Can you get them both in staggered? Open for ideas.

Flintshooter54
2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited
Fuel Moto Stage One, PCV, Jackpots, Woods 555 Cams, Directional lifters & PC-8
and a few chrome goodies
Old 02-23-2014, 08:35 PM
One Of The Regulars

I have a 7x14 v-nose aluminum. With the v-nose its 17ft inside. I haul two trikes in it, my triglide and the wife's Frankenstein sportster. they fit no problems by staggering them.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:21 AM
Senior Rider

Izski326,
I would agree staggered it could be done. I had one dealer tell me he had two guys ride in on there Tri Glides and put both in his 14' demo trailer. Staggered of course. They wanted the smallest trailer they both would fit in. I just did not want to back the trike up the trailer ramp. With us having the fold out camper bed option its nice to be able to get between the two. So if we wanted to, we could go to bed with the bikes loaded inside.

I did look at that new 6.2 L to pull this trailer. (Yea I know pipe dream for me after just buying a trailer) but hey looking is cheap. The only package that motor is in is the Denali package from GMC and the top of the line trim package in the Chevy. So you got $50K in a half ton truck. Ouch. I will do with what I have for now.

Flintshooter54
2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited
Fuel Moto Stage One, PCV, Jackpots, Woods 555 Cams, Directional lifters & PC-8
and a few chrome goodies

Last edited by Flintshooter54; 02-24-2014 at 04:37 PM..
Old 02-24-2014, 11:43 AM

I have a Aluma TK 1 trailer. Weigh 500 lbs and pulls easily. The ramp is nice and wide for easy loading/unloading.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:59 PM
Default Aluma TK1

Aluma has a very nice trailer made for the trike, it's a TK1 has a aluminum tool box incorporated into the trailer.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:59 PM

P