Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Inner fairing mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 08:52 AM
scuba1954
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Casper
The 2014 takes a different model than the previous years...I'm getting ready to install a new one on the 14 TG today...
They work very well, and if you have a Butler Mug ring a longer bolt will allow you to use the Butler mug and ring set...Butler is the best drink mug and holder, not the best looking, but best for keeping drink cold...and you can get it in20oz or 32oz....
If you are adding the chrome mirror covers with the turn signals beware of instructions telling you where to drill hole for wire. I spent an hour on the phone telling them it would not work. Oh yeah and the instructions for wiring is wrong. If anyone installs these I will be glad to help them

Old 08-11-2014, 02:47 PM
scuba1954
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Casper
Here's what I installed today. It's the Kuryakin 1692 for the 2014 touring models.

This is the mount that goes behind the right speaker pod with the basket. This will hold a variety of different bottles, cups etc....

This ring will hold coffee mugs and tapered cups, as from fast food places and gas stations..

The last one is the Butler System, ring and mug...in my opinion this one is the best, maybe the ugliest, but the best for cold drinks..it'll keep liquid cold for hours...The ring will also hold other similar mugs.
Also the ring was from another Kuryakin cup system I have mounted on the handlebar for me.

Any of them will work, and when the holder is not mounted its very unobtrusive....just the chrome arm....

Casper, the center photo shows the Kuryakyn mount with the stainless Kuryakyn Mug. Kuryayn told me that that mount would not fit the bracket that the 1692 holder uses but you apparently have proved them wrong? What did you order to get the ring and the mug? What is the diameter of the opening in that ring. I have a insulated tumbler that I like to use but it will not fit the 1692 because of the rubber nubs. I always cut the nubs back to where they just start to flair out and this still does not give enough room to slide the tumbler into the basket.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:01 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by scuba1954
Casper, the center photo shows the Kuryakyn mount with the stainless Kuryakyn Mug. Kuryayn told me that that mount would not fit the bracket that the 1692 holder uses but you apparently have proved them wrong? What did you order to get the ring and the mug? What is the diameter of the opening in that ring. I have a insulated tumbler that I like to use but it will not fit the 1692 because of the rubber nubs. I always cut the nubs back to where they just start to flair out and this still does not give enough room to slide the tumbler into the basket.
Scuba
You can order the Butler mug system from here:
http://www.glassact.com/
the one in the pic is the 20oz size, you can also get a 32oz.

The butler ring will accept several different mugs...not just the Butler....but the Butler does keep drinks cold for hours.

I also have a Kury mount on the front of the TG, it's different than the rear...I can take a pic tomorrow if you would like...

Old 08-23-2014, 09:24 PM
side by side
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are adding the chrome mirror covers with the turn signals beware of instructions telling you where to drill hole for wire. I spent an hour on the phone telling them it would not work. Oh yeah and the instructions for wiring is wrong. If anyone installs these I will be glad to help them
I'm interested in installing the Chrome mirror Cover and mirrors. Could you please give me a parts list to order to complete the job and any information on installing and wiring. I have a 2014 Tri Glide. Thanks Ken

Old 08-24-2014, 02:00 AM
ELVISTO
Cruiser

Originally Posted by side by side
I'm interested in installing the Chrome mirror Cover and mirrors. Could you please give me a parts list to order to complete the job and any information on installing and wiring. I have a 2014 Tri Glide. Thanks Ken
You'll need a set of black mirrors part no 56000076

And a set of chrome mirror covers part no 5600084
the covers have the flashers and wiring in the kit,

You'll need to take off the front of the fairing, and drill a few holes ,but you get instructions and templates for where to drill,

Old 08-24-2014, 06:53 AM
side by side
Novice

Originally Posted by ELVISTO
You'll need a set of black mirrors part no 56000076

And a set of chrome mirror covers part no 5600084
the covers have the flashers and wiring in the kit,

You'll need to take off the front of the fairing, and drill a few holes ,but you get instructions and templates for where to drill,
Thanks! but from what I read above the instruction where to drill we're wrong?

Old 08-24-2014, 09:04 PM
scuba1954
Cruiser

Thanks! but from what I read above the instruction where to drill we're wrong?
The instructions to drill and mount the mirrors are perfect. The problem arises when drilling the small hole for the wire for the turn signals in the chrome covers to enter the inner fairing. Instructions say drill a hole 1" outboard of the larger hole that the mirrors mounts through. This hole should be drilled 1 3/8" from the center of the largest hole straight down not outboard.
When you use the Y harness for wiring they tell you to match wire colors. This is hard because harness has red,black and white wire but the mirror colors are blue,black and white. Connect black to black / white to white & blue to red.

Last edited by scuba1954; 08-24-2014 at 09:09 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:39 AM
side by side
Novice

The instructions to drill and mount the mirrors are perfect. The problem arises when drilling the small hole for the wire for the turn signals in the chrome covers to enter the inner fairing. Instructions say drill a hole 1" outboard of the larger hole that the mirrors mounts through. This hole should be drilled 1 3/8" from the center of the largest hole straight down not outboard.
When you use the Y harness for wiring they tell you to match wire colors. This is hard because harness has red,black and white wire but the mirror colors are blue,black and white. Connect black to black / white to white & blue to red.
Thank You!

Old 08-25-2014, 08:36 AM
scuba1954
Cruiser

Thank You!

Not a problem, just don't want someone else to stumble upon this when its too late. One last thing regarding drilling the holes for the mirrors. If you have been looking at other posts about doing the inner fairing mirrors all of those are talking about pre 14 trikes/bikes. I have done many of those and the 14 are completely different. The pre 14's everyone talks about the template and raising the holes 1/2 inch so you don't stare at your knuckles. This is not a problem on the 14. First there is no template. You will see in the instructions that on the backside of the inner fairing there are to slight depressions that have already been cast in the fairing. These are where the holes will be drilled. When the mirror is on you will see your fingers but they are in the extreme lower inside corner of the mirror.
My suggestion is don't drill the mirror holes any other place than in the two pre marked areas. Just my two cents.