Vance & Hines Vance & Hines is product design and manufacturing company that produces high quality, high margin Performance Products within the Powersports industry.

Poor Support from V&H

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Major Thom
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Poor Support from V&H

I am on my 3rd V&H Pro Pipe on 3 different bikes. I currently have a 14 Street Bob with a black Pro-Pipe. Apparently the screws loosened up on the end cap and the baffle and end cap blew out on the freeway. I went back to look for it, but couldn't find it.

I call V&H customer service to get the part number because ALL of the end caps for sale anywhere on the internet are the older style and are not compatible. The guy in customer service tells me they don't carry it and will have to be special made and shipped from Indiana. I placed the order and patiently wait 2 weeks...the period he said it would take. I call back to follow up and the guy looks my order up and said I had the completely wrong one on order...it was the stainless hi output, not black. So I canceled the order and thought I'd try to find it elsewhere.

I go to an authorized V&H dealer, Josh's Boars Nest in Oceanside, CA and figure they would have better luck. They had the baffle in stock, but not the end cap. So I place the order with them. Two more weeks later, still no end cap. They call to follow up and have trouble with being considered a dealer. So they square away the paperwork and place my order (again).

Two more weeks later (now 6 weeks), they follow up and my order still isn't shipped. They now say this is a special order end cap and needs to be made and will take...guess how long...2 MORE WEEKS! ARGGHHH!!!

So I am running around with basically open exhaust and hoping I don't get a ticket. My neighbors and brothers I ride with all hate me. No one believes I even ordered it at this point. I have to ride with ear plugs. It is stupid.

So lesson learned...NEVER buy V&H again. After spending thousands of dollars on their products, I am done. I am not one to complain and post something online like this, but this is terrible customer service. I'm highly considering dumping this pipe all together and going with a different brand. These should have been designed not to lose the end cap anyway. I hear this is a common problem and it is like $225 for replacements if you can ever get them. I'm not sure why V&H couldn't just pull this off a system that was already made and take care of their customers. I hope they read this.

Old 12-18-2019, 01:06 PM
ABQ-Jammer
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 4,753 Likes on 2,317 Posts

Originally Posted by Major Thom
I am on my 3rd V&H Pro Pipe on 3 different bikes. I currently have a 14 Street Bob with a black Pro-Pipe. Apparently the screws loosened up on the end cap and the baffle and end cap blew out on the freeway. I went back to look for it, but couldn't find it.
I call V&H customer service to get the part number because ALL of the end caps for sale anywhere on the internet are the older style and are not compatible. The guy in customer service tells me they don't carry it and will have to be special made and shipped from Indiana. I placed the order and patiently wait 2 weeks...the period he said it would take. I call back to follow up and the guy looks my order up and said I had the completely wrong one on order...it was the stainless hi output, not black. So I canceled the order and thought I'd try to find it elsewhere.
I go to an authorized V&H dealer, Josh's Boars Nest in Oceanside, CA and figure they would have better luck. They had the baffle in stock, but not the end cap. So I place the order with them. Two more weeks later, still no end cap. They call to follow up and have trouble with being considered a dealer. So they square away the paperwork and place my order (again).
Two more weeks later (now 6 weeks), they follow up and my order still isn't shipped. They now say this is a special order end cap and needs to be made and will take...guess how long...2 MORE WEEKS! ARGGHHH!!!
So I am running around with basically open exhaust and hoping I don't get a ticket. My neighbors and brothers I ride with all hate me. No one believes I even ordered it at this point. I have to ride with ear plugs. It is stupid.
So lesson learned...NEVER buy V&H again. After spending thousands of dollars on their products, I am done. I am not one to complain and post something online like this, but this is terrible customer service. I'm highly considering dumping this pipe all together and going with a different brand. These should have been designed not to lose the end cap anyway. I hear this is a common problem and it is like $225 for replacements if you can ever get them. I'm not sure why V&H couldn't just pull this off a system that was already made and take care of their customers. I hope they read this.
Had similar results trying to get JUST an end cap. Found a set of the 2-1 Pro-pipe for insanely cheap price (NOW, I know WHY). Guy I got it from said he found a link to one for only $20, so no big deal, right? WRONG! He never sent me the link, and every link I looked up had pictures of them, but NONE in stock. Went through one site that SAID they had them, but after I ordered it (for nearly HALF what V&H charges), and contacted them a week later because it hadn't arrived yet, said they DIDN'T have it, and WOULDN'T until V&H started making them again, so they refunded my money. Same thing with ANOTHER website, for $20 MORE than the other site, but AGAIN, got my money back, but I STILL do NOT have an end cap! Contacted V&H HERE, and they simply directed me to their website, which told me to "call" them. When I called, they said that they have to "custom" make them, because they have to "remake" the "mold", so it's $99 for JUST the end cap! REALLY?!! You "lost" the "mold" or "deleted" the CNC design template?! What's the matter? It look up too much space?! Besides, I can get an Arlen Ness end cap for $125, so WHY pay only a LITTLE less for the "stock" V&H one? I have YET to get one!! I have a nice looking pipe which I CAN'T install because I can't hold the quiet baffle in it! This is SO FRUSTRATING!!! I'm seriously considering just selling them again, JUST to get my money back, but my friend said that the 2-1 would be better than my Freedom Independence Shortys for performance and sound, so maybe I'll keep pecking away at it. I noticed that Screamin' Eagle has a 4.5" pipe, so wondered if their cap will fit. Bassani also makes one, but will it fit? Who knows? I've even been considering getting a 4.5" pipe extension for a car, with another "baffle" that would bolt to the pipe to use as a cap, This is RIDICULOUS!!

Old 12-19-2019, 10:48 AM
ABQ-Jammer
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 4,753 Likes on 2,317 Posts

I have to rescind my previous scathing report on V&H, since @V&HBryan came through wonderfully! He already sent me the end cap, with tracking #, and is ALSO sending the mounting bracket, and I should get the tracking # today. AWESOME job, @V&HBryan !!!

Old 12-19-2019, 01:18 PM
V&HBryan
Banned
Received 137 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by ABQ-Jammer
I have to rescind my previous scathing report on V&H, since @V&HBryan came through wonderfully! He already sent me the end cap, with tracking #, and is ALSO sending the mounting bracket, and I should get the tracking # today. AWESOME job, @V&HBryan !!!
Thanks! I just shot you a PM with the updated tracking number for the bracket.

The following users liked this post:
porkster (01-14-2020)
Old 01-20-2020, 02:51 PM
Harleylife1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 626 Likes on 511 Posts
Default v&h

Ive never had any problems with them! Love these guys!

Old 01-20-2020, 03:39 PM
V&HBryan
Banned

Originally Posted by Harleylife1
Ive never had any problems with them! Love these guys!
Thanks Harleylife1!

Old 01-20-2020, 03:56 PM
Harfar
Road Captain
Received 488 Likes on 226 Posts

Hey V&HBryan, can you tell me who to get in touch with regarding V&H monster oval tips? I have talked to 3 different reps at 3 different bike shows and they all told me to go to Daytona Bike Week and I can get a replacement set for free...I emailed V&H directly and have not got a reply. Going to Daytona is not in the cards this year and I was hoping to replace them while sitting here in knee deep snow. I am willing to pay shipping, just need to know who to call to make it happen? Thanks for any help in advance!
Cooped Up Canuck.

Old 01-20-2020, 04:02 PM
V&HBryan
Banned

Originally Posted by Harfar
Hey V&HBryan, can you tell me who to get in touch with regarding V&H monster oval tips? I have talked to 3 different reps at 3 different bike shows and they all told me to go to Daytona Bike Week and I can get a replacement set for free...I emailed V&H directly and have not got a reply. Going to Daytona is not in the cards this year and I was hoping to replace them while sitting here in knee deep snow. I am willing to pay shipping, just need to know who to call to make it happen? Thanks for any help in advance!
Cooped Up Canuck.
Sure thing, I'll see what I can track down. Was that the Chrome or the Black endcaps? I just want to give the CSR guys an accurate part number so they can check stock.

The following users liked this post:
Harfar (01-21-2020)
Old 01-21-2020, 03:25 PM
Harfar
Road Captain

They are the black end caps, THANK YOU! for the quick reply.

Old 01-21-2020, 03:28 PM
Harfar
Road Captain

Thanks V&HBryan, for the quick reply and positive hope of getting a resolution. My end caps are the black ones but I would be willing to take either ones.

Quick Reply: Poor Support from V&H