Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

The Best Component Speakers for out Bikes!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 06:28 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts
Default The Best Component Speakers for out Bikes!

It's official Bagger Audio Lab is here! I'd like to share what I consider to be the best component speakers for our bikes, centered around the Digitial Design Audio AW6.5 woofer, and a selection of tweeters to help manage the cost. DD Audio is not that popular here but it's a well known brand in car audio circles for their subwoofers. Behind the scenes a few forum members have been testing these german engineered high end woofers and they love them! Hopefully they will post up some vids soon. Here's why I like this woofer so much

- The AW6.5 woofer is rated to play from 50hz - 14khz. That range is unheard of in a woofer, normally pro audio speakers play that high...but never as low as 50hz. That means this woofer gives you some great warmth AND lows AND mids AND highs. The increase in high freqs provides additional volume - they just "sound" louder. With such a wide range you also don't need a crossover for the woofer. By comparrision, if you take the Hertz MLK or Hertz MPK, the crossover is deisned for the woofer to play only up to 3500hz. That means every frequency beyond that comes from a small dome tweeter. The AW6.5 also comes with a larger 1.5 inch voice coil, and is rated from 120w to 360watts!! I'm telling you, this thing is tough to beat. To top it off the woofer is marine rated, and that's important to the guys who ride quite a bit.

Let's talk Tweeters. DD Audio has three tweeters and horns with varying price points, that will help me tier these packages -- but still centered around the homerun AW6.5 woofer.

- Give me the best! The AT28 is DD Audio's sound quality audiophile tweeter, also german enginered and designed to match the AW6.5.
- My wife won't shoot me! The BT30 is a bit larger tweeter designed for better projection. Sound quality is better than most, output is great!
- Let's go Horns. The DD VOB3 horns are the least harsh sounding horns in the biz and the only ones that fit well when cut into the rushmore fairings.
- Ok I'm on a budget: The T2 tweeter is DD's entry level line. Oddly enough they play just as loud as the rest of the tweeters but not as crisp.

All tweeters come with the DD TXO-HP crossover, horns come with capacitors.....and guess what else --- all tweeters are also marine rated!

Digital Design also offers the DD D4 amp (about 9x5) for those looking to bridge an amp to power these monsters. At 240x2 bridged there's tons of power and headroom at a great price and these amps are marine rated as well.

Feel free to PM me or email me for product information; I can help you find a local dealer if necessary. I promised you guys I would start sharing some of the things I like to use, and putting some packages together. While these speakers I wouldn't classify them as "Top Secret" they are my favorites components and just recently am I starting to see more folks use them.

Ride safe fellas! There's a lot of good audio out there to enjoy on the road!
Haze

Last edited by BaggerAudioLab; 12-24-2016 at 09:18 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Streetscenes (02-18-2017)
Old 12-22-2016, 11:48 AM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 238 Likes on 210 Posts

Interested, pm sent.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:48 PM
Outkast6991
Road Master
Received 103 Likes on 93 Posts

Could I get pricing please?

Old 12-23-2016, 10:22 AM
Goose_NC
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,208 Likes on 1,968 Posts

PM sent

Old 12-23-2016, 02:27 PM
Springerfan
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I am very interested, pm sent.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:21 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned

Originally Posted by Springerfan
I am very interested, pm sent.
clear your inbox brother!

Old 12-24-2016, 01:16 PM
G E E
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Do you have local store? I'm in Kendall

Old 12-24-2016, 11:29 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned

We have a small warehouse shop in Hialeah.....I'll shoot you a message now.

Old 12-26-2016, 09:27 AM
Michigan
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy Holidays. Better yet,congratulations on your new business. Count me in as your first customer from Michigan! Just put some money down at my local HD dealer on an old but great 2010 FLHX and would call it a clean slate for audio. Send me your first invoice and a couple of days later you so have a few more nickels to rub together. Great Job and timing too!

Old 12-26-2016, 11:58 AM
coryhdwg
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the price on these possibly with a grill to mount the tweeters? for an 11 road glide, thanks!

Quick Reply: The Best Component Speakers for out Bikes!