Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

DK Tank Lifts, What You Didn't Know, Need To Know, Want To Know, Updated Weekly!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 11:06 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by Dew Me
'09 Ultra w/ PYO MBB bars pushed all the way forward.

Looks like 2" is what I want. Haven't measured yet, but with bars pushed forward max, I'm sure it is right.

My question is mostly regarding the Deluxe add-on: it says lift AND push tank back. Could you make it do one without the other if you wanted? I know I want front lift, I think I want to push it back a bit (which will help with clearence since I want 2") but I'm not sure I want to raise the back.

So is the rear Deluxe part all or nothing with regards to lift and pulling tank back? Or might I be able to do one without the other if that is what seems best when installing?

BTW...doing this mostly for reducing buffering, 2nd concern being cooling, and 3rd being looks. I am **** though, so I will be working hard to make the confluence of the seat, tank, side cover, frame, and wind deflector to look it's best.

P. 'S. What year is the red Touring bike in your before/after pics? Also what height and dies it include Deluxe?

Oh, and is there a HDF discount?

Thanks...
You do not need the Deluxe Option to slide the tank all the way back. The Deluxe Option simply lifts the rear of the tank about 1/2".

II do not remember the year of the red bike....but it is an 08 or later, because it looks like a 6 gallon tank.

We periodically run HDF special coupon codes on various products, very rarely on Tank Lifts. Nothing is running right now.

We did introduce a new style Tank Lift today. Billet, available in Powder Coat Black Or Machine Cut Finish which can be polished to a Mirror Finish.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

The following users liked this post:
Dew Me (05-07-2019)
Old 05-04-2019, 02:22 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

We've started a new thread, for our latest evolution of Tank Lift Kits here-

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/vendo...h-q-and-a.html

Old 11-09-2019, 11:26 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

New options, in Size, Finish and Design on Sporty Tank Lifts-

Old 11-09-2019, 03:17 PM
Rob Jones
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DK tank lift for H-D BO?

Do you make a tank lift for a 2016 H-D Breakout, stock risers? If so what size will work?

Old 11-16-2019, 03:28 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,934 Likes on 1,111 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob Jones
Do you make a tank lift for a 2016 H-D Breakout, stock risers? If so what size will work?
I lifted my 2014 BO tank 3". The issue you run into with BO's is the speedo housing making contact with the raised tank. I overcame this by installing short CVO risers on top of 10 degree angled bushings. There are other ways of addressing the problem I'm sure but this method hides the gap between the lifted tank and the frame quite nicely as the speedo housing remains low.

Last edited by HKMark23; 11-16-2019 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:50 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rob Jones
Yes, we make tanks lifts from 1 1/8" to 3" tall, you can see them at this LINK.

You will want to check for clearance with your speedo (& other things, like mirrors). Many times the Deluxe Option will help on clearance. If the shortest lift, along with the Deluxe Option still does not give enough clearance for your speedo, then a change in risers, as HKMark23 mentioned is one solution.

Here is a copy & paste on how to check for clearance-

It is easy to check for clearance, Before ordering:

1. With bike on kickstand, take the bolt out of the front of your tank.

2. Loosen (do not remove) the bolt(s) at the rear of your tank.

3. Turn your handlebars all the way to the left and raise the tank up your desired tank lift size to check for clearance issues.

4. Turn your handlebars all the way to the right and raise the tank up your desired tank lift size to check for clearance issues.

Be careful when lifting your tank, you do not want to hit against something (forks, handlebars, trees, blinkers, etc.) when checking for clearance