Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 FXDB & HD REAR Turn Signal Relocation Kit Concerns.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 09:13 PM
vcm1613
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 FXDB & HD REAR Turn Signal Relocation Kit Concerns.

Hi all.

We purchased the bags and a rear turn signal relocation kit when we purchased our new FXDB. The turn signal relocation kit from HD is a complete turd in both function and form. There are NO provisions in the instructions for where the tag bracket and LED light are relocated. I called HD Corporate and the rep basically said the kit was not updated for 2013. I managed to get creative and come up with this using the bolt hole in the tag bracket in lieu of the jam nut.

Sure it looks ok but after 1100 miles the threads that hold the signal on are stripping out and sagging. The tag and the signal will rotate upward. Its basically ruined. I just cant believe the MoCo has no other offerings than this piece of ****. Anyone found an alternative? I looked at the ghostbrackets version but really do not want a center of fender located tag. I am looking for a kit that basically gives me this look but cleaner and more reliable.

Thanks,

J

Old 06-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Danielc409
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you talking about no instructions for relocating your license plate? You need the license plate relocation part #67900130 which moves it under your rear fender

It looks like this:

Last edited by Danielc409; 06-07-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:48 PM
vcm1613
Intermediate

That part # is a good option if I wanted to give up my offset tag. I want to keep the look I have. The HD instructions do not reference this kit on any of the 4 pages.

It looks like they have revised something for Wide Glides but it does not reference FXDB specifically Part Number 68544-10. Still nothing for an offset.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...ation-kit#tabs

Old 06-07-2013, 10:02 PM
little squirt
Tourer

can you snap a few extra pics of how you have the tag bracket mounted to those brackets? I think I have an idea but need to see it closer up and a couple diff. angles where the tag bracket mounts with the turn signal.

Old 06-08-2013, 12:05 AM
vcm1613
Intermediate

Originally Posted by little squirt
can you snap a few extra pics of how you have the tag bracket mounted to those brackets? I think I have an idea but need to see it closer up and a couple diff. angles where the tag bracket mounts with the turn signal.
I'll get you a few in the am for sure. I'd love to get a 2nd set of eyes on this. Im trying no to go the way of the "JB WELD"

-J

Old 06-09-2013, 02:10 AM
ZeroThoughts
Advanced

subscribed! I am also looking for a neater solution.

Old 06-09-2013, 10:37 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I ordered this kit on Friday after my wife told me I was getting saddlebags for Father's Day. Hasn't arrived yet, but once it does, I'll post a pic of it on the bike. The pic is the chrome version. I ordered the black one.

Amazon.com: Saddlemen Strut-Mounted Turn Signal Relocation Kit 2020-0421: Automotive Amazon.com: Saddlemen Strut-Mounted Turn Signal Relocation Kit 2020-0421: Automotive

Old 06-09-2013, 06:54 PM
vcm1613
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Danielc409
Bitchin 4 tap keezer in the back btw.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:02 PM
vcm1613
Intermediate

Originally Posted by little squirt
I got pissed off today and tore it all down. So I won't have any pics.

I'm rolling up to HD parts dept tomorrow to demand an exchange or refund towards another solution The more I thought about it, the more angry I've become.

I don't want the parts dept to take a hit on this, and i'm certainly not trying to have a "Wal-Mart returns" mentality. However I just can't stand to think that the MoCo really believes this POS is up to the standard of the rest of the bike. This is AT BEST a bandaid fix.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:33 PM
arejay86
Cruiser

this is one of the big reason's i'm not a fan of the run/brake/turn sigs that HD has done with the SB... thats why i prefer the SuperGlide rear fender... um, as far as you license plate issue, i think the rear mount under the fender is your only real option as far as HD parts are concerned. you could get creative and mount it to your bag, as long as the bags aren't QD.
my personal opinion, the HD didn't really think about this issue when they designed the street bob... or for that matter the sportsters that have the same set up like the 48, 72 or the Irons.

Quick Reply: 2013 FXDB & HD REAR Turn Signal Relocation Kit Concerns.