Boom Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 11:01 AM
Bubbak
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Boom Software Update

Anything new on the software updates? I went to
Harley web site and still say not avalible. My radio keeps locking up and want to try new software and see if that cures my problem. Thanks

Old 10-05-2014, 11:15 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

What version to you currently have?

Lake Mitchell got any ice yet?

Old 10-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Bubbak
Tourer
Default Boom Software

I bought bike in July and what ever came on it at that time. Never updated it yet. No ice on Mitchell yet. Won't be long though with cooler weather.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:59 AM
bigrobtemp
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Pm me. I have 18.1.1 saved. I can email it to u.

Old 10-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Bubbak
Tourer
Default Boom software

Thanks for your offer but waiting to see if Harley has a better update. Understand some are still having problems with the 18 update. In no hurry bike is in shop anyway. Thanks

Old 10-05-2014, 06:01 PM
d7dun1010
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infotainment Update

Went in for the most recent recall this week and while there, they updated me to the 1.18.1 and, so far, all is well!
Haven't rode much since the new install but I seem to notice better Bluetooth connectivity and the motorcycle icon for the pointer stays on and doesn't disappear.

I want to ride more this week and see if there are any other improvements.

Hope this helps?

D

Old 10-06-2014, 09:25 AM
JT_HD
Advanced
Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubbak
My radio keeps locking up and want to try new software and see if that cures my problem. Thanks
I used to have that problem. My solution? Turn ignition on with run/stop in the stop position, wait for the radio to come up, "accept" the warning, then run switch on and thumb the starter.

Seems to be an issue with voltage drops during bootup process giving a lot of the "weird" issues like lock ups, loss of volume control etc.

Also, if you are talking on your phone that is already setup to pair with your bike and you turn the ignition on, the bike will pair and switch your conversation to the bike. Pulling the call out of bluetooth and back to phone earpiece will cause unusual issues as well.

YMMV

Old 10-06-2014, 09:58 AM
nicliv
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bubbak
Thanks for your offer but waiting to see if Harley has a better update. Understand some are still having problems with the 18 update. In no hurry bike is in shop anyway. Thanks
I too am waiting to see if the nexted update is the fix. My radio still defaults to the weather band even after the 18 update.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:38 PM
sixshooter
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Anyone have issues with the system taking forever to recognize a thumb drive? I can shut my bike off while listening to music on my drive, turn it on later, and it'll sometimes take a minute or better to if I don't manually find the media device and select it. Also had issues with volume, sometimes I can't control it at all. Whatever volume its at when turned on it stays there until I cycle the key and restart everything.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Jagpanzer
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nicliv
I too am waiting to see if the nexted update is the fix. My radio still defaults to the weather band even after the 18 update.
When the 6.5 is fully booted and at the main screen hold down the 'FAV' button (the one in the lower left) until the menu comes up. From there you can pick the device you want as the default for when the bike fires up. I've had pretty good luck in setting it this way. I recently moved away from my phone being the default to a USB thumb drive and this changed it for me successfully.

Quick Reply: Boom Software Update