Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, I laid the bike down

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 11:17 AM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old saying "you don't own it til you lay it down". Glad no one hurt.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Jimstang
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Definitely glad that you and your wife are okay. Who ever was driving the car that swerved in front of you has some karma coming their way.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:02 PM
wwiiavfan
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,116 Likes on 492 Posts

Originally Posted by bigboomerFLSTC
The Wife and I where out on a ride this afternoon. Came to a stop light with 4 cars a head of us.
As the light turned green a car darted in front of me from the other lane, then slammed on his brakes when the car ahead of him stopped. Yes Florida drivers stop on green lights, don't ask me why. I hit the brakes and we lost our balance, the bike dropped on its left side.
My Wife didn't even bat an eye, a real Trooper, I told her to step off of the bike. Then I stepped off and we picked the bike up.
I had recently added the saddle bag guard rails and highway pegs the the bike and they worked great keeping the bags and the fairing off of the ground
it could have been a lot worse but no one or nothing on the bike was hurt.
Did the driver that cut me off stop to offer help? Of course..... NOT

Would you say you would have damaged the bags or fairing if you didn't have the guards? Been thinking about putting these on the Christmas list, just wondering if they are worth it. This has got me thinking about moving them up the list!

Old 10-10-2014, 12:31 AM
bigboomerFLSTC
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely, the bag guards and highway pegs did the job. A money well spent add on

Old 10-10-2014, 12:46 AM
Jimdog
5th Gear
Default Me too...

Laid mine down this past Sunday. Made me sick and still does. Agree with all about the hurt egos. Mine was totally my fault at a red light...just lost balance and laid her over. Glad you are both ok....paint can be replaced as long as you are able to get back on her...at least that is what I am telling myself!!!!! See ya on the road....Jim

Old 10-10-2014, 08:10 AM
JiXeR
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bobros
Old saying "you don't own it til you lay it down". Glad no one hurt.
so true. i laid mine down in gravel about a week after i got her. luckily, it didn't even leave a mark. i was just trying to turn around and the gravel was much deeper than it looked. it was a dumb mistake, and the guys i ride with won't let me live it down either. lol. also, i didn't have my guardian bell on at the time. so, i blamed it on my friends for not getting me one fast enough.

Old 10-14-2014, 04:38 PM
Sethjamto
Cruiser
Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts

I feel your pain....I dropped mine the other night coming into the driveway with my wife on the back....and I DIDN'T add the bag guards. So needless to say I have some nice scratches on the nice new denim paint! Damn the bad luck! Sprained my ankle in the process too....

Luckily it's just the bag that got scratched. I'm sure I can fix it....but now I'm looking at extended bags!! LOL

Old 10-14-2014, 05:00 PM
tommyj
Cruiser
Default Laid tthe Bike down

Originally Posted by KMC1
We are losing our humanity in this country. People are getting so aggressive on the roads I don't know if I would be surprised if someone behind you started trying to squeeze by and yelled at you to get out of their way.
Don't be surprised at that, I was cruising down the street at the speed limit of 35 when here comes this idiot by me in my lane blowing his damn horn. When he stopped the next intersection I talked nasty to him but he sped off didn't even look at me....