Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Khrome Werks 2+2 Narrow Sweeper BarS Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 06:42 PM
Markallamerican
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had these installed today, along with the lighted switches. These bars are very comfortable. Im 5-8. FWIW, The tech that installed them, a friend of mine, HATED Them. He is 6-1

Old 03-21-2015, 08:17 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by mhsmith451
I finally got my 2+2s installed....was having inner fairing painted and a did a bunch of other upgrades....wired the bars internally, used the crappy SE wiring kit that comes with the wrong connector (yes you can solder the TBW wires BTW)...finally went for a ride this weekend...friggin love the bars!!! THE ACHE IS GONE!!!! WOOHOO!!!
Can't tell from the pic but did you get the narrow 2+2?

Old 03-21-2015, 08:19 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by maverick2076
I got them and sent them off to powder coat. They should be back and installed this week.
Post some pics before you put them on.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:04 AM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by Bertk
Post some pics before you put them on.
Page 3 has a link to the bars before I powder coated them. Think I have a few pics of them afterwards if you search my posts.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:09 PM
mbmike
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reading your post I have ordered the bars, the new lighted switches to install while I'm tearing it apart. You say you didn't replace clutch , brake hydraulic hoses is there enough extra? Can't really tell on the picturs but I'm going to tear it apart in the next few days. Mehta brand of windshield do you have? Looks like it blocks a lot more than stock ?

Old 04-11-2015, 09:06 PM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

It's tighter but fine. Put your bars on and ride.

Old 04-12-2015, 05:26 AM
nicliv
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These are the bars to go with if you want to stay behind the fairing and sit back a little. Very comfortable, good control, and makes the bike seem smaller and easier to handle. I wish they came in the 1 1/4 bar but function is more important then looks.

Old 04-12-2015, 01:21 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by mbmike
Reading your post I have ordered the bars, the new lighted switches to install while I'm tearing it apart. You say you didn't replace clutch , brake hydraulic hoses is there enough extra? Can't really tell on the picturs but I'm going to tear it apart in the next few days. Mehta brand of windshield do you have? Looks like it blocks a lot more than stock ?
From the OP, I used the HD Switch Wire Extension Kit-69200034 from Kutter HD $25. And yes the brake line will fit. I did file a notch in the switch panel as shown in post #6.

The windshield is from Clarks Custom Windshields.
It's the 11" half moon with lite tint. I would get the 9" or 10" next time around thou. And yes it does block much more wind then the stock WS for the rider and passenger. I wouldn't use anything else.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:19 PM
mbmike
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Green plug

Well started the tear down on my handle bar swap, everything was pretty straight forward till I got to the green plug. The locking tab clip broker off during the process. Looks like it connects ok but a bit worried about putting it back together just sliding in without saftey tab? Guess I'll just put shrink tubing over it ? Anyone else have this issue?

Mbmike

Old 04-13-2015, 10:47 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mbmike
Well started the tear down on my handle bar swap, everything was pretty straight forward till I got to the green plug. The locking tab clip broker off during the process. Looks like it connects ok but a bit worried about putting it back together just sliding in without saftey tab? Guess I'll just put shrink tubing over it ? Anyone else have this issue?

Mbmike
You need to cut the connector out and splice the wires together. You will be fighting issues later if you don't. I think there have been a couple success stories but most people kick themselves for not doing it before getting everything back together and then finding they have issues. In once case, the guy was riding 100 miles away from home when his started acting up.

Quick Reply: Khrome Werks 2+2 Narrow Sweeper BarS Install