2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M Hidden Antenna for Rushmore : Has anyone tried it yet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 02:47 AM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by offthewall
I did exactly the same thing. Just unplug at the radio end. Unbolt from the inside of the tourpak and pull the antenna mount inside the pak. Then use a plastic hole plug to finish it off outside.

The JM internal actually works better than the stock antenna. No 12v required.
Cheaper too.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:42 AM
HillBillieWG
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is another connection under the seat in front of the battery, at least on my SGS. You can disconnect it there and just pull the section from the battery back.

I didn't feel like pulling my tank again so I just left that section in place zip tied out of the way on both ends.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:36 AM
Msquad
Road Captain
Received 177 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by offthewall
I did exactly the same thing. Just unplug at the radio end. Unbolt from the inside of the tourpak and pull the antenna mount inside the pak. Then use a plastic hole plug to finish it off outside.

The JM internal actually works better than the stock antenna. No 12v required.
I tried the JM and HATED IT. If I held it up in the air I was able to receive stations. Once I tucked it in the way it should be installed, stations all had LOTS of static. Then I would unplug JM and plug in stock and all better. So I returned JM & just stuck w/ stock. I thinks it is kinda cool having an antenna off the back of my bike .

Old 07-31-2015, 08:20 AM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior
Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

I prefer having the external antennas. Reception or not, at least they hold my flags in place.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:26 AM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member

What brand of flag mounts are those and what are they mounted to?

Originally Posted by MilesOfTexas
I prefer having the external antennas. Reception or not, at least they hold my flags in place.

Old 07-31-2015, 12:18 PM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior
Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by p51bombay
What brand of flag mounts are those and what are they mounted to?
They are made by Rumbling Pride and it is called the Trident Kit. You just unscrew each antenna, drop the flag mount on, then put both antennas back on.

This is the link to the pre-Rushmores, which I had on my previous 2013 RGU:
http://www.rumblingpride.com/mm5/mer...ory_Code=TCM-K

They don't have the Rushmores on their site, but they obviously make one. I bought mine at the Texas State HOG Rally. I would suggest calling them if you are interested. I sent them an email and I never received a response. Their flags are high quality. I have ordered from their site in the past with no issues. Email seems to be the only issue with them.

Also, speed is a non-issue. They rate them for 80mph. I well exceed that daily.

Last edited by MilesOfTexas; 07-31-2015 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:16 PM
HJP
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine worked ok. Had it on my limited with detachable tour pak. I didn't care for the antenna kit that came with the detachable kit so went with the J&M.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:47 PM
CPT_Carrera
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

HillbillieWG I have a SG and I found the disconnect point you were referring to. Unplugged it there and removed everything from the battery back to the rear. Not just bc I have the JM antenna but bc I'm changing my rear fender to a Bad Dad setup with stretched bags and speaker lids too and there is no place for an antenna on those fenders. As part of the setup I had to remove my gas tank to run my power and speaker wires to the rear and like an idiot put the tank back on. Nice save!

Attached Thumbnails J&M Hidden Antenna for Rushmore : Has anyone tried it yet?-image.jpg  
Old 07-31-2015, 11:34 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by HillBillieWG
There is another connection under the seat in front of the battery, at least on my SGS. You can disconnect it there and just pull the section from the battery back.

I didn't feel like pulling my tank again so I just left that section in place zip tied out of the way on both ends.
Anyone know if Ultra's and LTD's have a disconnect here? I wouldn't mind getting the rear section off there, that white plug never had a ridgid mount like the others and just lays there rubbing paint off - its behind the pad mind you.

Originally Posted by MilesOfTexas
They are made by Rumbling Pride and it is called the Trident Kit. You just unscrew each antenna, drop the flag mount on, then put both antennas back on.

This is the link to the pre-Rushmores, which I had on my previous 2013 RGU:
http://www.rumblingpride.com/mm5/mer...ory_Code=TCM-K

They don't have the Rushmores on their site, but they obviously make one. I bought mine at the Texas State HOG Rally. I would suggest calling them if you are interested. I sent them an email and I never received a response. Their flags are high quality. I have ordered from their site in the past with no issues. Email seems to be the only issue with them.

Also, speed is a non-issue. They rate them for 80mph. I well exceed that daily.
If you have time, could you post a photo of the mount with the TP open?

Old 08-01-2015, 12:36 AM
mavantix
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I recently installed both the J&M Hidden Antennas for the Radio and CB. Live about 40mi from downtown DC and listening to the bike radio for a couple days since install, it works, not as good as stock, some static on stations further away from me, but good enough as I don't use the radio all that much anyway, usually play music off my iPhone. Haven't tried the CB yet. I'll keep them because of minimal radio/CB use and I don't much care for the looks of the big whips on the back.

Quick Reply: J&M Hidden Antenna for Rushmore : Has anyone tried it yet?