Sponsored by:

Saddlebag Lid Speakers and a Detach Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 11:40 AM
rsp8575
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Saddlebag Lid Speakers and a Detach Kit

So I've got my Ultra Classic looking sweet with the detachable Tour Pak off.

Does anyone know if I add the saddlebag lid speakers can I run them off the empty connector for the Tour Pak speakers?

I run 99% of the time with no Tour_Pak and it would be nice to have the extra sound.

When the Tour PAk goes back on the speakers would be dead but no biggie if the lid speakers are good. If you hook up the other connectors correctly the brake lights and controls on the Tour Pak should work as well.

I have the stock 4.3" radio and stock speakers. Are the lid speakers compatible with that rear channel or do I need the pre-amp and flash etc.? I am not adding to the total number of speakers but with these radios you never know.

It would be another cable to disconnect when taking off the bags but there already is one there for the brake/turn lights so what's another?

Those lights on the bags are another project when I tackle the stupid license plate mounting setup with the detach kit. Maybe go with a SGS or CVO setup.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:17 PM
rollnthunder
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just put he license plate bracket in the vise and bend it so the license plate follows the angle of the tallight and fender.

Last edited by rollnthunder; 03-03-2015 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:21 PM
Copyless
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rsp8575
So I've got my Ultra Classic looking sweet with the detachable Tour Pak off.

Does anyone know if I add the saddlebag lid speakers can I run them off the empty connector for the Tour Pak speakers?

I run 99% of the time with no Tour_Pak and it would be nice to have the extra sound.

When the Tour PAk goes back on the speakers would be dead but no biggie if the lid speakers are good. If you hook up the other connectors correctly the brake lights and controls on the Tour Pak should work as well.

I have the stock 4.3" radio and stock speakers. Are the lid speakers compatible with that rear channel or do I need the pre-amp and flash etc.? I am not adding to the total number of speakers but with these radios you never know.

It would be another cable to disconnect when taking off the bags but there already is one there for the brake/turn lights so what's another?

Those lights on the bags are another project when I tackle the stupid license plate mounting setup with the detach kit. Maybe go with a SGS or CVO setup.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yes, you can run the lid speakers with that connector, as long as you have put the correct speakers in the lids, by correct I mean, impedance matching the TP speakers.