Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

daymaker fog lamps

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 12:43 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 576 Likes on 417 Posts

OK, finally remembered to get the pics of the accessory connector wiring. Excuse the dirt; I've been riding & got caught in rain & wet roads. I wasn't exactly correct when I described the connector as being under the seat. It's actually under the left side panel.

This is the harness. It includes both the white & the black connectors and the purple & red wires with shrink tubing on the ends.

This shows the wires added to the harness that go to the fog lamps. They're the black & white wires that go into the sheath going up under the seat area.

This shows the harness plugged into the accessory plug:

Finally, this pic is supposed to show which pins are used to connect the fog lamp wires to the harness connector that plugs into the accessory connector. Unfortunately, it is out of focus. Sorry. I didn't document the pin outs & the harness is partially populated. The fog lights will require adding new pins to go into the harness connector. I don't have my service, electrical or parts manuals with me here in SD, so perhaps someone can chime in with the correct pin outs? They get connected to switched outputs (non relay) on the accessory connector. A good parts guy should be able to help with connect part numbers for the pins.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:52 PM
Onedef1
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I figured my switch and wiring out today for independently operated Daymaker Fogs. and I connected and tested it on the ground.... all I have to do is cut holes in the crash guard and feed the wires through, up under the tank, and plug in to the accessory harness. I got the switch installed and ready to go. I have several CANBUS connectors Id like to utilize but I cant figure out how to get them apart...

and running the wires back to the left side panel is gonna be a PIA. ugh..

Ive been trying to find a right side dash panel switch for months... does anyone know where to get one? The dealer was no help at all... all they can find is a left side... I have 3 of them... I thought I could disassemble one and flip it, but after taking it all apart, that isnt possible. dang! I initially wanted to run the Fogs on the right side, while my Passing Lamps are on the left... but as it is now, on my left assembly, first button is Passing, second is Fogs, and 3rd is an unused-but-wired accessory I can maybe use later. I would still like to locate a right side assembly...

Last edited by Onedef1; 06-01-2015 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:03 PM
Northride
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Onedef1

Ive been trying to find a right side dash panel switch for months... does anyone know where to get one? The dealer was no help at all... all they can find is a left side... I have 3 of them... I thought I could disassemble one and flip it, but after taking it all apart, that isnt possible. dang! I initially wanted to run the Fogs on the right side, while my Passing Lamps are on the left... but as it is now, on my left assembly, first button is Passing, second is Fogs, and 3rd is an unused-but-wired accessory I can maybe use later. I would still like to locate a right side assembly...
There is no right side. You take the only switch available (the left side)and flip it upside down and install. And get this, the switches are upside down as well. The only switches available so far are the unlock switches which come on the CVO. I pulled my hair out trying to figure this out.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:57 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Northride
There is no right side. You take the only switch available (the left side)and flip it upside down and install. And get this, the switches are upside down as well. The only switches available so far are the unlock switches which come on the CVO. I pulled my hair out trying to figure this out.
Not true. The switches are available as individual pieces that can be fitted into empty positions in the existing switch-packs. See your friendly local parts department. If they can't help you, try a different dealer.

Old 06-05-2015, 08:31 PM
Northride
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Hammz
Not true. The switches are available as individual pieces that can be fitted into empty positions in the existing switch-packs. See your friendly local parts department. If they can't help you, try a different dealer.
The switch pack itself is the same for both sides (same HD P/N) it's just flipped. If you buy a aux light switch or ACC switch - it will be upside down when installed on the RIGHT side switch assy. I know, i purchased the unlock switch from the CVO and it fits on the Left side switch assy, but it's upside down. Harley does not have a kit available (yet) for the R/H side. You have to go with CVO switches, or live with switches upside down. If you absolutely know different, please post P/N's - because none of the HD shops can figure it out either.

Old 06-05-2015, 08:37 PM
Northride
Cruiser

It includes both the white & the black connectors and the purple & red wires with shrink tubing on the ends.

Finally, this pic is supposed to show which pins are used to connect the fog lamp wires to the harness connector that plugs into the accessory connector. Unfortunately, it is out of focus. Sorry. I didn't document the pin outs & the harness is partially populated. The fog lights will require adding new pins to go into the harness connector. I don't have my service, electrical or parts manuals with me here in SD, so perhaps someone can chime in with the correct pin outs? They get connected to switched outputs (non relay) on the accessory connector. A good parts guy should be able to help with connect part numbers for the pins.

Thanks for posting these, it clears up the wiring. Would you happen to have the HD terminal P/N's?

Thanks

Old 06-05-2015, 10:07 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Northride
Thanks for posting these, it clears up the wiring. Would you happen to have the HD terminal P/N's?

Thanks
No, sorry. I'm in SD now & the paperwork is back home in MI.

Old 06-06-2015, 09:55 AM
Onedef1
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

yeah we know that, but the switches are only able to go in one way, and when you flip the left side over to make it work on the right side, your switch covers will be "upside down" as opposed to the left side. The problem we are having is with that part, we dont want the switches upside down if we can help it.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:48 PM
58sniper
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 58sniper
I just ordered that same switch today at the dealer. It was $18. Receipt shows it as 71400034 - Switch Button, Illuminated. Looks like Kutter has it for less. Gonna do the same thing. Wouldn't mind seeing a pic of the wiring under the seat, Hammz.

Looks like the dealer got the part number wrong. 71400034 is the CVO version of the switch. It fits and functions fine, but the legend is different. The symbol lights up instead of the little bar underneath. The non-CVO part is 71400044. Here's a pick of the two installed.

OEM Limited part on the left, CVO version in the middle.

As much as I prefer the CVO version, there is no matching AUX switch, which will go on the right. So I ordered another of the originals for the middle, and the AUX for the right. Sorry for the confusion!