2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Ultra Limited Low...Advice, Likes, Dislikes, Mods...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 10:03 PM
sammer4u
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Damoan
Harley Hammock Seat: The stock seat pushed me too far forward and the Hammock still allows me to flat foot 5'7

8" Long Ride Shield: Girlfriend was complaining of buffeting.

Full Size Passenger Floor Boards: Girlfriend did some more complaining.

Long Angled Adjustable Highway Peg Mounts: Used the passenger floorboards that I swapped out above.

We now ride all day with no complaints.
Did the 8" LRS do the trick? I went with the 10" and not sure I like the height for me. Wife likes it for her. Hoping the 8" will help both of us. And do you have a picture of your highway pegs with passenger floorboards? Sounds interesting! And how is the seat comfort-wise compared to stock?

Old 08-01-2015, 10:07 PM
Damoan
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sammer4u
Did the 8" LRS do the trick? I went with the 10" and not sure I like the height for me. Wife likes it for her. Hoping the 8" will help both of us. And do you have a picture of your highway pegs with passenger floorboards? Sounds interesting!
8" worked for us. She is 5'7 as well.

I will post a pic in the morning.

Old 08-01-2015, 10:07 PM
Lidpro
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The "low" to me felt like a mini bike. Shallow seat, bars to far in, grips ment for a 15 yr old girl. Just no a good feel for a 6'1" lad.

Old 08-01-2015, 10:25 PM
sammer4u
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

8" worked for us. She is 5'7 as well.

I will post a pic in the morning.
Thanks and looking forward to pic!

Old 08-02-2015, 02:30 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,432 Likes on 8,037 Posts

Originally Posted by Lidpro
The "low" to me felt like a mini bike. Shallow seat, bars to far in, grips ment for a 15 yr old girl. Just no a good feel for a 6'1" lad.
Hey the guy just bought him a new bike and he's proud of it and here you are trying to make fun of it. Aren't you special.

I'm 2 inches taller than you and I bought the 2015 Limited Low. Put on Hammock seat, custom grips, (heated grips are ugly and too skinny), and a 10" shield. The dial adjustable shocks feel way more stable than the pump up shocks and the list goes on. To each his own.

It's twice the bike my 2010 Ultra Classic ever was.

Last edited by zoozoo; 08-02-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:39 PM
Damoan
Advanced
Old 08-02-2015, 06:41 PM
Damoan
Advanced
Old 08-02-2015, 07:02 PM
Damoan
Advanced
Default 2015 Ultra Limited Low...Advice, Likes, Dislikes, Mods...

I really like the hammock seat. Huge difference in comfort over bumps since it adds another level of absorption over the suspension. Like I stated the stock seat pushes me forward to where my legs where not comfortable. The hammock pulled me back a bit, but it also raises you a little as well.

Old 08-02-2015, 07:15 PM
Cool Inferno
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

I really like the hammock seat. Huge difference in comfort over bumps since it adds another level of absorption over the suspension. Like I stated the stock seat pushes me forward to where my legs where not comfortable. The hammock pulled me back a bit, but it also raises you a little as well.
Good to know that about the hammock seat, I just like to sit a little further back. I will try out one of the demo seats before I pull the trigger on one of those. The odd thing is that on the regular Ultra Limited seats, it seems like the top rear portion of the riders seat is actually closer to the tank than the Low seats. I guess the drop is what makes you sit closer on the lows. I guesstimated the distance by looking at the saddle bag guards and the seat locations on both models.

Old 08-02-2015, 07:51 PM
skibum0607
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got about 5K miles on mine and I like most everything about it except...

1) The stock windshield caused too much buffeting for me so I changed to a LRS recurve... much better wind management for both me and the wife.

2) The stock rear suspension is really stiff and there's not much you can do to adjust it that makes it any better. I was hoping they'd soften up after a few thousand miles but no such luck. I'll be upgrading mine soon (something the MoCo should do for the price of these bikes).

3) The stock seat is poor for a touring bike. My wife has no problems in the back but I get sore after riding 100 to 150 miles. I have an Airhawk seat cushion which solves the problem for me. I've had to put Mustang seats on most of my other bikes so maybe it's just me. It seems like they took some of the cushion (and therefore most of the comfort) out of the seat to lower the distance to the ground.

4) Nav system is a generation behind the rest of the world. HD needs to either catch up or make it a lot easier to import routes from other more up-to-date Nav systems. I end up using Google Maps on my phone 80% of the time and Bluetooth the prompts through the bike's sound system. Works well but would prefer to use the Nav on the bike. It's just not where it should be for a vehicle Nav system in 2015.

Even with those things, it's still a great bike and probably the best handling 900 lb bike you'll find.

Last edited by skibum0607; 08-02-2015 at 07:58 PM.

Quick Reply: 2015 Ultra Limited Low...Advice, Likes, Dislikes, Mods...