Sponsored by:

Given the go ahead to tune.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 09:55 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
FuelPak FP3is a Vance&Hines product:http://products.vanceandhines.com/store/harley/66005/

Reading through this thread and all the other, trying to decide between an FP3 or PV. Looking in the demo mode for the FP3, I am not able to find the info you have here about the cam shafts and other stuff. Do you have to have the unit itself before you can look at this info?

Old 04-13-2016, 11:13 PM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Power Vision all you will need from mild to wild.

Old 04-14-2016, 12:17 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Tick
Reading through this thread and all the other, trying to decide between an FP3 or PV. Looking in the demo mode for the FP3, I am not able to find the info you have here about the cam shafts and other stuff. Do you have to have the unit itself before you can look at this info?
Maybe so, I would call them.

Old 04-14-2016, 09:03 AM
flyboyron
Road Warrior
Received 262 Likes on 98 Posts

By what I can tell, my bike does have a lean condition, because when I am decelerating, there is a popping in the exhaust. I was told that doing a remapping of the computer would take care of that. So now I am trying to find one I like....not for any power gains, but for making the engine run better.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:52 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,118 Likes on 1,341 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Tick
We like the FP3, we sell them and it is a great fit for many users. While V&H has added cam support for FP3 technically speaking they have not tested or developed calibrations for the various cams they are listing, they are configuring the IVO/IVC tables within the map. By definition they are giving users the ability to tune for cams. When we work with customers on choosing an EFI tuning product in the end it all comes down to the specific mods on your bike, the features you require, getting the support you need before & after the sale, and having a willingness to learn.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 04-15-2016, 08:02 AM
Wide Open Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 207 Likes on 143 Posts

For a simple stage I plug and play tuner you might want to look at the Superchips Vigilante. The set up is easy, pick your bike, pick your pipes, pick your A/C and it will give you a list of suggested MAPs. Pick one and ride. I've run a few on my dyno that have them and they do a decent job of getting the bike close. I would recommend it fr someone that is just planning on running a canned MAP and not doing any autotune sessions or data collecting. The unit is removed from the bike after programming. The real slick thing is it's only married to the ECM as long as there is a tune from it ot the bike. If you go with cams down the road and want to go with a different tuner you simply flash the stock calibration back into your bike with the Vigilante and it divorces itself and can be sold for use on another bike.

I still recommend a flash based tuner such as the TTS Mastertune, Vision or SEPST for someone that wants tunability. But for someone wanting to just put in a canned MAP and ride, the Vigilante is hard to beat.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:27 AM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildon883R
Every time i read these threads about FP3, Moto this and that , it just makes me shake my head. You really can only do so much with increasing fuel/air mixtures. Like i've stated before the better rider on a stock set up will beat a lesser skilled rider with a FP3 or what not mod on the track day in and day out. Here is what you can get when you alter the stock set up. Worse low end torque and less fuel mileage and annoying noise depending on your slip on set up. Visit VH website they can get you 5 easily hp gain with a FP3 on a stock bike. Yeah thats a reality check. Of course anybody thats bought into this idea will tell you there bike went from stock to a rocket ship. Kinda like vivid black is the fastest color. Google it.
Are you just speaking in terms of just adding the tuner without other mods specifically? If so I can see your point but a stock 103HO is like 70hp/85tq WEAK! After exhaust, air cleaner, cams and a good tuner/tune I am at 95hp/111tq would destroy a stock bike and is WAY more fun to ride. Gas mileage is almost the same and the engine actually runs cooler than stock.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:53 AM
flyboyron
Road Warrior
Received 262 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
We like the FP3, we sell them and it is a great fit for many users. While V&H has added cam support for FP3 technically speaking they have not tested or developed calibrations for the various cams they are listing, they are configuring the IVO/IVC tables within the map. By definition they are giving users the ability to tune for cams. When we work with customers on choosing an EFI tuning product in the end it all comes down to the specific mods on your bike, the features you require, getting the support you need before & after the sale, and having a willingness to learn.
I have ordered the FP3 from Fuel Moto and the expected delivery is Friday the 29th. That means I can install it next weekend.

I picked up my HD Ventilator Elite Air Cleaner from the dealer on Friday so I will have that ready to install also.

I have always had my stage 1's done at the dealer, but this time I am doing it myself.

I am also hoping to get a better tone out of my exhaust, since it resonates in my helmet and can be annoying at times, besides not being able to hear the radio most of the time.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:30 AM
timbo141
Road Warrior
Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by WG2011
Are you just speaking in terms of just adding the tuner without other mods specifically? If so I can see your point but a stock 103HO is like 70hp/85tq WEAK! After exhaust, air cleaner, cams and a good tuner/tune I am at 95hp/111tq would destroy a stock bike and is WAY more fun to ride. Gas mileage is almost the same and the engine actually runs cooler than stock.