2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One of the best sturgis tips I ever got...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 09:26 AM
Zerk
Banned
Received 827 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman24
Try again, your top-10 didn't convince me.
Tell the truth. Wife would t let you go.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:23 AM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,458 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman24
Nobody's perfect...for me = been there/done that & no need to repeat. You kiddies go ahead and have fun. I like watching the highlights on Discovery Channel from my rocker.
Spoken like a true couch potato ;}

Old 07-31-2016, 04:12 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 244 Likes on 194 Posts

Sense lots of jealousy and cheap skates just let the people enjoy whatever pleases them if not interested in going that's fine but lets not try to ruin others fun.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:59 PM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 456 Likes on 356 Posts

I tell people if they have never been and they have any desire to go, they owe it to themselves to make the trip. Its a good time, lots to see and do. On the other hand the prices for everything is jacked up, crowded and just about anywhere you decide to ride you are going to be in a big group ridding slow.
Been there twice and don't regret either trip. Been two other times a week or two before the rally and enjoyed those trips the most

Old 07-31-2016, 05:40 PM
7roper7
Cruiser
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildon883R
How about just wear a tank top or sleeveless shirt? Wetting an article of clothing is not going to keep you hydrated only fluid intake can. Drink and drive. Water that is.
For me and many others, exposed skin to the sun is hotter than a lightweight shirt. The OP also mentioned wearing a wet shirt under a jacket, so he must prefer to wear protection which is a smart move.

Old 07-31-2016, 05:58 PM
smithk
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Went in 06. Got there the Wednesday before it started and left on Tuesday of the Rally. Been there done that. Don't plan on doing it again but very glad I went. Go and see what you want, do your own thing and you will have a great time. If you don't want to go back, don't. Don't know of anyone who hated it and said it was the worst thing they have ever done.

Old 07-31-2016, 06:46 PM
krub6t9
Extreme HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I am going for the first time next week. I may never get a chance to go again and i will be able to take this off my bucket list besides the way i see it sturgis rally is the SUPER BOWL of motorcycling and i want to be a part of it.

The following 2 users liked this post by krub6t9:
smithk (07-31-2016), tyrant33 (08-01-2016)
Old 08-01-2016, 06:11 AM
NDRK
Cruiser
Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Here is the best tip. Do the reverse traffic flow. Take 34 to Devils Tower and come back on interstate. Deadhead to Hot Springs in the morning and ride back seeing all the traffic heading where you have been. Go to the east access to the Badlands and work your way west. You still get to see all the bikes and people when you stop. You still get to pay higher prices. You still have to wait in line to pee. You don't have to ride with the slow pack.
ps. If you are nursing a hangover, skip this plan.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:53 AM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 284 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by krub6t9
I am going for the first time next week. I may never get a chance to go again and i will be able to take this off my bucket list besides the way i see it sturgis rally is the SUPER BOWL of motorcycling and i want to be a part of it.
Have fun!!! I gotta agree with you this is the Super Bowl, and it it on my bucket list too.

I am one who likes rally's, always a bunch of fun and one hell of a party. I get it, biker party's aren't for everybody, so to each their own.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:52 AM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,693 Likes on 827 Posts

They say they went around to all the sites like Hoover, Mt Rushmore etc. but only went into Sturgis once??

I think you should go during the week of Sturgis one time. I did what this guy did, went and saw all the sites and went into Sturgis one time. That was enough to experience what it is like all week. We met some older dudes that been friends since high school. This was their 17th year in a row. They were glad to show us virgins around. The ex and I had a great time, got home by dinner and sat around talking to all the others outside the Best Western.
If I was to do it agian, i would go go for just a couple of days, stay in the Chip over night, and that would be enough for me I guess.

Quick Reply: One of the best sturgis tips I ever got...