Love Jugs Cooling System

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 07:04 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Talldog
Steve,

I read that the Mighty Mite will come with a stronger damper. Do you still recommend using the frame mount, and the optional damper assembly that you sell, with the lighter Mighty Mite?

Also, I have a 12' limited with only one accessory switch, and it's already being used for something else.

I would rather not go straight to the battery and have to control the on/off with a switch.

In the many installs you guys have done, where is a good place to tap into the accessory circuit so that the fans only run when the bike is running?

Thanks

Terry

Good questions!

Steve told me the heavy damper that comes with the MM replaces the HD damper and is very good, but I believe by his notice, the optional dampers are being recommended.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:27 PM
r2t2k2
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by hscic
Good questions!

Steve told me the heavy damper that comes with the MM replaces the HD damper and is very good, but I believe by his notice, the optional dampers are being recommended.
Probably recommended for the real paint shakers. So I guess I will want to spend as little time as possible at idle.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:24 PM
lazybee
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm running Ward's fans. The fans had alot of vibration from 70-80mph. The front fan failed. When Jason repaired it, he sent a stiffer damper. I saw some improvement, but not as much as I'd like. After LJ came out with the Mighty Mites, I thought why not use their frame mount kit with
my Ward's. Works perfectly. No more vibration. I believe it has to increase the life of the fans.

The following users liked this post:
hscic (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 11:21 PM
r2t2k2
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by lazybee
I'm running Ward's fans. The fans had alot of vibration from 70-80mph. The front fan failed. When Jason repaired it, he sent a stiffer damper. I saw some improvement, but not as much as I'd like. After LJ came out with the Mighty Mites, I thought why not use their frame mount kit with
my Ward's. Works perfectly. No more vibration. I believe it has to increase the life of the fans.
Interesting and thanks for the response... I would of thought that the idle shake would be the worse, but I need to remember that all vibration can cause a failure.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:30 AM
lazybee
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

There is still a little idle shake, but I can certainly live with that over the vibration at cruising speed. When interstate highway riding, I prefer speeds of around 75. At that speed if I touched the fans, my hand would tingle. All of that vibration is now gone. I do wish LJ had a better system of securing the mount to the frame. I would think some type of clamp that's shaped like the frame would be better than using hose clamps. But, at this point, I'm very satisfied with the mount.

The following users liked this post:
r2t2k2 (03-01-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 07:01 AM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by lazybee

I'm going to order the frame mount with the Mighty Mite fans, don't think we'll need the additional vibration damper they sell though.

I too wish there was a better mounting system than hose clamps.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:30 AM
dave@love-jugs
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Love Jugs

Hi Talldog,

The Frame Mount kit is truly remarkable in it's intended purpose of reducing vibration to the Love Jugs Engine Cooling System. Over 90% of the violent shaking and vibration will be eliminated by the installation of the Frame Mount Kit, insuring years of trouble free service. By all means, if your Harley will accept the FMK, please consider this preferred installation option. All Love Jugs Engine Cooling systems will bolt right up to the FMK.

There are some Harley's that have minimal clearance between the gas tank and the frame. There is not enough clearance for the use of bolts to attach the FMK to the frame. The only solution was to use worm drive clamps to attach the "A" bracket to the frame.

Our custom manufactured worm drive clamps are wider, thicker and stronger than the typical screw clamps found in your local hardware store. We even weld the four holding tabs to the main screw body to insure that there is no chance of clamp failure. Thousands of these FMK's have been in use for many years with not a single reported failure. Think about this, these two custom heavy duty clamps are required to support a mere 2-3 pounds, a small fraction of the structural strength of the clamps.

During destructive testing, 50 pounds of weight was attached to the FMK with no evidence of any type of sagging or failure. So, rest assured my friend, this is an extremely secure and the most desired installation method by far. I only wish the FMK would fit all Harley's.

I hope this helps in alleviating your concerns. Thank you for your interest in our products.

Dave
Engineering Department.

Old 03-04-2017, 11:30 AM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by dave@love-jugs
Hi Talldog,

The Frame Mount kit is truly remarkable in it's intended purpose of reducing vibration to the Love Jugs Engine Cooling System. Over 90% of the violent shaking and vibration will be eliminated by the installation of the Frame Mount Kit, insuring years of trouble free service. By all means, if your Harley will accept the FMK, please consider this preferred installation option. All Love Jugs Engine Cooling systems will bolt right up to the FMK.

There are some Harley's that have minimal clearance between the gas tank and the frame. There is not enough clearance for the use of bolts to attach the FMK to the frame. The only solution was to use worm drive clamps to attach the "A" bracket to the frame.

Our custom manufactured worm drive clamps are wider, thicker and stronger than the typical screw clamps found in your local hardware store. We even weld the four holding tabs to the main screw body to insure that there is no chance of clamp failure. Thousands of these FMK's have been in use for many years with not a single reported failure. Think about this, these two custom heavy duty clamps are required to support a mere 2-3 pounds, a small fraction of the structural strength of the clamps.

During destructive testing, 50 pounds of weight was attached to the FMK with no evidence of any type of sagging or failure. So, rest assured my friend, this is an extremely secure and the most desired installation method by far. I only wish the FMK would fit all Harley's.

I hope this helps in alleviating your concerns. Thank you for your interest in our products.

Dave
Engineering Department.
Dave,
Did you test the FMK on different bikes for fitment? Is the only concern for fitment with the horn mounting bracket stabilizer?
Will it fit a Sportster frame or should I use the vibration master instead?

Old 03-05-2017, 07:12 AM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by dave@love-jugs
Hi Talldog,

Dave
Engineering Department.

Dave,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, and explaining the difference between standard Hose Clamps, and your super duty clamps. I feel much more confident in using the Frame Mount System now.

I talked to Steve on the phone last week, and placed an order for the Cool Master with the Frame Mount, and the Vibration Damper as well.

Looking forward to getting everything installed and trying things out.

If I could ask one more question. I am going to tap into the accessory circuit on the bike so that the fans run whenever the bike is running. I have a 2012 Limited with only one switched accessory circuit, and I'm already using that for some Fog Lights.

I know the Orange/White wires power the accessory circuits. Just wondering with the many installs you guys have done, where you usually pick up the accessory power for an install like mine?

Thanks

Old 03-05-2017, 02:51 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,513 Likes on 2,134 Posts

Originally Posted by Talldog
Dave,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, and explaining the difference between standard Hose Clamps, and your super duty clamps. I feel much more confident in using the Frame Mount System now.

I talked to Steve on the phone last week, and placed an order for the Cool Master with the Frame Mount, and the Vibration Damper as well.

Looking forward to getting everything installed and trying things out.

If I could ask one more question. I am going to tap into the accessory circuit on the bike so that the fans run whenever the bike is running. I have a 2012 Limited with only one switched accessory circuit, and I'm already using that for some Fog Lights.

I know the Orange/White wires power the accessory circuits. Just wondering with the many installs you guys have done, where you usually pick up the accessory power for an install like mine?

Thanks
Do you run your fogs all the time? If so, HD makes a 1 into 2 splitter for the Acc port...

Quick Reply: Love Jugs Cooling System