Sponsored by:

D&D X Cat True X headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 04:48 PM
Rdcris
Cruiser
Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Default D&D X Cat True X headers

I'm still undecided which head pipes to get. I want both mufflers to work. True duels lack bottom end, 2-1 makes better power.

FM jackpot 2-1-2 was at the top of my list till I emailed them and was told the split between left 30% and right is 70%.

Then I found this.

http://www.danddexhaust.com/content/...-header-system

Anyone running this pipe?

I have Highflow A/C, decat OEM pipe, S&S MR103 cams, FP3, and two different types of mufflers, V&H Monster Ovals and RC Xhaust.

I have two different maps for each mufflers and honestly I can't tell the difference other than the RC's are louder.

This D&D looks like the best of both worlds??

Thoughts??

Old 05-25-2017, 10:48 AM
Az Limited
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Check out the S&S power Tune Header, looks very similar to the D&D. has the look of true duals with a hidden crossover, 16 gauge vs. most others are 18 gauge, includes new heat shields, new round crossover pipe and the fit and finish was perfect, plus about $150.00 less than D&D.
I paired them with the S&S MK45's and could not be happier with the look, sound, and performance.
S&S also now makes this setup that is CARB compliant for California. (50 states)

And NO I am not affiliated with S&S, just a VERY satisfied customer,

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ring-2009-2016

Last edited by Az Limited; 05-25-2017 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:14 AM
FLHTK2015
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I've got the D&D X Cat pipes and mufflers on my '15 Limited. I paired them with the Screamin' Eagle high flow a/c and I'm really happy with the sound and the performance. Just used the Screamin Eagle Pro tuner (before all the EPA lawsuit and Harley renaming of the tuner, but that's a different story) to make some adjustments and the real basic 'auto tune' function (which we all know doesn't really do ****, compared to dyno runs and a real tune). The bike runs and sounds really good as is, but I'm excited to have it dyno'ed and see what it's all about then. The D&D quality and finish is exceptional. The head pipes are silver ceramic coated and the heat shields are top notch and provide excellent coverage. I've been running them for just shy of a year now (about 7,000 miles on 'em) no bluing or discoloration or peeling of the ceramic. Pipes maintain a mandrel bend throughout all the turns (no smashed spots). I highly recommend. Will post an update after she gets a tune..

The following users liked this post:
Rdcris (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 03:13 PM
WG Gabe
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the Jackpot 2-1-2 provides a 30-70 split than the D&D x pipe will also provide something similar since it is a 2-1-2 pipe as well.

Old 05-25-2017, 03:48 PM
secular
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FLHTK2015
I've got the D&D X Cat pipes and mufflers on my '15 Limited. I paired them with the Screamin' Eagle high flow a/c and I'm really happy with the sound and the performance. Just used the Screamin Eagle Pro tuner (before all the EPA lawsuit and Harley renaming of the tuner, but that's a different story) to make some adjustments and the real basic 'auto tune' function (which we all know doesn't really do ****, compared to dyno runs and a real tune). The bike runs and sounds really good as is, but I'm excited to have it dyno'ed and see what it's all about then. The D&D quality and finish is exceptional. The head pipes are silver ceramic coated and the heat shields are top notch and provide excellent coverage. I've been running them for just shy of a year now (about 7,000 miles on 'em) no bluing or discoloration or peeling of the ceramic. Pipes maintain a mandrel bend throughout all the turns (no smashed spots). I highly recommend. Will post an update after she gets a tune..
I have the X Cat header and D&D Touring mufflers on my 15 FLHXSE. Had the install and tune done by a well known indy here in Northeast Ohio. I would echo all the comments above, the fit and finish is exceptional, looks great. Runs and sounds excellent. Lots of people ask what exhaust it is, say it sounds good, unique. Have about 7500 miles on mine, they look as nice as the day they went on. I like the silver ceramic coating on the header as well.

Rdcris (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 04:29 PM
Rdcris
Cruiser

You guys with the D&D, is there relatively equal pressure on both sides if you were to check when idling?

Old 05-25-2017, 04:34 PM
Rdcris
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Az Limited
Check out the S&S power Tune Header, looks very similar to the D&D. has the look of true duals with a hidden crossover, 16 gauge vs. most others are 18 gauge, includes new heat shields, new round crossover pipe and the fit and finish was perfect, plus about $150.00 less than D&D.
I paired them with the S&S MK45's and could not be happier with the look, sound, and performance.
S&S also now makes this setup that is CARB compliant for California. (50 states)

And NO I am not affiliated with S&S, just a VERY satisfied customer,

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ring-2009-2016

I looked at the S&S too. Theirs is kind a like a H-pipe design, if you look at the D&D picture the pipes merge for a few inches.

Not sure which is better or worse, just what I see in the two designs.

I can get the S&S from Direct cycles for $430. The D&D are like $100 more elsewhere.

Thanks for your input.

Old 05-25-2017, 04:55 PM
secular
Novice

Originally Posted by Rdcris
You guys with the D&D, is there relatively equal pressure on both sides if you were to check when idling?
Well Rd, I had actually wondered the same thing myself so I have checked it out. It's a far cry from anything scientific just to stand behind the bike and put my hands at the exhaust exits, feel, and listen...but it does seem pretty even. More of an even pulse than the factory 2-1-2. On my previous Street Glide I had been running V&H Dresser Duals so I really have no other 2-1-2 for comparison sake than the OEM header on both bikes.

Old 05-25-2017, 05:00 PM
Rdcris
Cruiser

Originally Posted by secular
Well Rd, I had actually wondered the same thing myself so I have checked it out. It's a far cry from anything scientific just to stand behind the bike and put my hands at the exhaust exits, feel, and listen...but it does seem pretty even. More of an even pulse than the factory 2-1-2. On my previous Street Glide I had been running V&H Dresser Duals so I really have no other 2-1-2 for comparison sake than the OEM header on both bikes.
Ok thanks, just what I needed to hear.

Where did you buy yours from?

Old 05-25-2017, 06:15 PM
secular
Novice
Talking

Originally Posted by Rdcris
Ok thanks, just what I needed to hear.

Where did you buy yours from?
I just let the shop order them from D&D direct. I probably could have saved a few dollars elsewhere but I like to give the business to the local brick and mortar. FWIW I was basically on the same quest as you when I found the D&D header and decided to give it a shot. I'm happy I did.

Rdcris (05-25-2017)

Quick Reply: D&D X Cat True X headers