Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   2014-2023 Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/2014-2023-touring-models-177/)
-   -   Rideplanner changes (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/2014-2023-touring-models/1226325-rideplanner-changes.html)

royston 04-03-2018 11:12 AM

Rideplanner changes

Hi all,
Was working up some routes just over a week ago - visited the site again today for some summer plans and hey the format has changed? It seems to lack what I thought was an easy to use tool but also I read somewhere it no longer uploads to boom?????
Anyone tried this yet?
Cheers all.
R

cycle7447 04-03-2018 12:03 PM

I will check this out -been waiting for the new program.

If not updating to Boom, I am certain that in in progress.

rwven 04-03-2018 12:05 PM

I used it about 2 weeks ago to plan and install a trip and it worked as it always had, this new format sucks. And of course HD hasn't bothered to move my saved rides over to the new program.......

cycle7447 04-03-2018 12:08 PM

Update- I visitedthe site -actually looks nice to me.

I had no trouble downloading the file and uploading to my boom. Will play with it a little more.

rwven 04-03-2018 12:21 PM

I went back and played with it some more...it seems like it will be OK once I get used to the different "feel" of it. The saved maps system works better than the old one did. The Google Maps style avoidance menu is nice to have.

InthewindMN 04-03-2018 12:37 PM

The new format looks interesting. When you open the map it shows suggested routes all over. Makes me wonder if my private saved trips are now public.

IUOE ROB 04-03-2018 01:39 PM

Where are you all finding the "new" Ride Planner? I clicked on an old bookmark figuring it would automatically redirect me to the new site, no luck, it said to go to the HD website, I did, went to "Owners", went to "Plan Your Ride", no Ride Planner option anywhere. I think these people could eff up a wet dream!

Edit: I found it, I didn't realize I had to click on the "Plan Your Ride" link...

lp 04-03-2018 01:48 PM

It's not too bad so far. It looks like it's built off of Bing maps. Guess Google was too expensive or something...

All my old plans were in there.

cycle7447 04-03-2018 01:53 PM

IUOE Rob - I went to my old bookmark - and it took me t=right there.

RollaMo 04-03-2018 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by royston (Post 17240095)
Hi all,
Was working up some routes just over a week ago - visited the site again today for some summer plans and hey the format has changed? It seems to lack what I thought was an easy to use tool but also I read somewhere it no longer uploads to boom?????
Anyone tried this yet?
Cheers all.
R

Yes, I just went in and created a quick ride.

The layout has changed, and they added more features.

But you can still export the ride to a .gpx file and then upload to your Boom Nav system.

1. Log in with your account (create one if you don't have one, its free).
2. Create the ride you want and save it.
3. Click on your saved ride (next to your name at the top of window)
4. Find the ride you want, and click the "Preview" link
5. In the window that opens will be the directions and a link to download to a GPX file.