Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VooDoo Bikeworks new Vindetta fairing for stock 2014+ Streetglides

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 07:21 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts

I was going to mention the headlights being somewhat blocked by the fairing design but I thought this was a
bike cruise night / bar hopper deal where it wouldn't get a great deal of use..

Old 08-08-2018, 08:54 AM
RagmanZL
Tourer
Received 115 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by VRSGS16
Toothless the Dragon....
Thats exactly what I thought when I saw it. Still looks cool tho.

The following users liked this post:
Bafflingbs (08-08-2018)
Old 08-08-2018, 10:24 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,711 Likes on 2,689 Posts

I hate that you wasted all of that money on a fairing that wasn't functional for you, but I appreciate you sharing your experience with the vendor with all of us. That is one thing this forum is great about. You can see who appreciates your business and supports their products and who doesn't.

The following 2 users liked this post by FNGonaRK:
Bafflingbs (08-08-2018), TodPedro (08-09-2018)
Old 08-08-2018, 11:37 AM
The lark
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I went on there web site. Lots of nice stuff, and cool designs. But all that doesn't mean anything if they have bad support. They better get on the ball and fix this guy's problem. Or no one will buy there products. I know I wont, unless they start supporting there products.

Bafflingbs (08-08-2018)
Old 08-08-2018, 12:35 PM
piper59
Elite HDF Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 625 Posts

Hope you get things ironed out but for my taste it's not for me.

Bafflingbs (08-08-2018)
Old 08-08-2018, 06:51 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by Bafflingbs
I took the damn thing off today, because I can’t get the lights aimed right. The owner of VooDoo Bikeworks was absolutely no help at all. I took it to All American Harley, and he did a great job with the cluster fk wiring, but, didn’t aim them for me, or couldn’t aim them. I’m pretty fed up at this point. I’ve spent a lot of money, but, am learning that the custom world, may not be for me. Unless you’re very knowledgeable about this stuff, steer clear. I’m glad I bought my tour pack from Bad Dad and not VooDoo. What good is a part that comes with no direction and fitment issues. I asked him how to aim the lights, and he said he couldn’t help me, because the lights weren’t in front of him. Yet, he claims that the fairing was mounted on a 2017 Streetglide and aimed before shipment. BS! The lights were misaligned and pointing down at the ground 20-25 ft. ahead of me. Totally unacceptable! Enough ranting, winter project or up for sale
That ain't right Brother

Old 08-08-2018, 08:47 PM
Outkast6991
Road Master
Received 103 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Bafflingbs
I took the damn thing off today, because I can’t get the lights aimed right. The owner of VooDoo Bikeworks was absolutely no help at all. I took it to All American Harley, and he did a great job with the cluster fk wiring, but, didn’t aim them for me, or couldn’t aim them. I’m pretty fed up at this point. I’ve spent a lot of money, but, am learning that the custom world, may not be for me. Unless you’re very knowledgeable about this stuff, steer clear. I’m glad I bought my tour pack from Bad Dad and not VooDoo. What good is a part that comes with no direction and fitment issues. I asked him how to aim the lights, and he said he couldn’t help me, because the lights weren’t in front of him. Yet, he claims that the fairing was mounted on a 2017 Streetglide and aimed before shipment. BS! The lights were misaligned and pointing down at the ground 20-25 ft. ahead of me. Totally unacceptable! Enough ranting, winter project or up for sale
do you do your own wrenching?

Old 08-09-2018, 04:04 PM
Bafflingbs
Club Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by Outkast6991

do you do your own wrenching?
For minor things, yes. I almost had this thing tackled. But the wires supplied were not for a Harley. Another reason I call BS on his claims. These lights were actually made for a Yamaha. There was a pig tail split into 2, 2 pin connectors, that DID NOT have a home on my bike. We ended up cutting the 2 plugs off, and wiring that into a Harley 4 pin connector, that plugged directly into my headlight harness. When I got it back together, only one headlight worked, and one demon eye. That’s when I knew I was beat, and tapped out. Smitty, at my Harley, figured everything out, and where I went wrong. He also prettied it up for me. It should never have been sold if it wasn’t ready to plug in, or at least come with proper instructions.
I do give it to Voodoo Bikeworks for their innovation and design. But, can’t endorse a company who claims that you need professional installation because the product is a rough finish.
“***THIS IS NOT A BOLT-ON PART. TRIMMING AND FITMENT BY AN EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONAL IS RECOMMENDED. TEST FIT PRIOR TO BODYWORK IS ENCOURAGED***”
To be clear, this quote is for their rear end kit and Tour pack, etc. My fairing was supposed to be finished and painted. Which brings me to something else. To his credit, he knocked quite a bit of money for me, because I was the first order. He wanted me to send in a piece of my bike, to properly match the paint. I could not comply with that, because I was riding it to Texas in a week. So, of course, it doesn’t match. My fault? How come Bad Dad and Factory match paint everything perfectly without my parts?????? On top of all of this, returns are minus a 30% restocking fee. I do not blame him entirely. I’m a big boy, and I can read. So I’ll just chalk this up to a bad decision on my part. Buyer beware!!

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 08-31-2018 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Multiple posts
Old 08-09-2018, 05:32 PM
Outkast6991
Road Master
Received 103 Likes on 93 Posts

Are you still trying to get it right? If so pm me and maybe I can help.

Bafflingbs (08-09-2018)
Old 08-09-2018, 05:47 PM
Bafflingbs
Club Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts

Man! That is so cool of you Outcast!!! I may take you up on that, but, for right now, it’s probably better that I don’t touch it. I’m afraid my temper may get the better of me, and I’d throw the lights across the garage, or take a hammer to it! Lol. I will add you as a friend (if we’re not already) and hit you up when I’m in the right frame of mind again, if that’s alright? Thank you very much for your generous offer. I’ll still pm you though, maybe we can talk about it. I’ve taken the lights out of the fairing for now, to be able to get a better look at them. They’re sitting on my kitchen counter, at home.
I PM’d you Outcast. I’d like to publicly acknowledge that it’s people like Outcast, that make this the best place there is to get Harley questions taken seriously, and answered. Hdforums is king!!!

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 08-31-2018 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Multiple posts

Quick Reply: VooDoo Bikeworks new Vindetta fairing for stock 2014+ Streetglides