Sponsored by:

Boombox 6.5 Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 06:14 AM
JT_HD
Advanced
Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteOwlNY
Updated... Was hoping it would pair with my Sena headset, no dice...
It's easier to think of Bluetooth devices as Master/Slaves. I.E. your Smartphone is a "Master" and the cockroach ear piece/headset is the "Slave" the same theory applies to the Harley radio, and all hands free devices in automobiles. When you pair your "Master" device to your BMW/Chevy/Dodge/Honda/Isuzu etc, the vehicle is the "Slave" and acts accordingly such as the various headsets for sale. A software update will not change that. You can't pair your headset to your car can you?

If the cord from the bike to your helmet is an issue, there are Bluetooth transmitters that plug into a headphone jack that transmit to a matching headset available though best buy, tiger direct, new egg etc. to give you hand free stereo listening for things like your home stereo etc. I imagine if one were to create an adapter from the regular headphone male to the 7-pin plug then that might work for your purposes.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:23 AM
JT_HD
Advanced

Originally Posted by offthewall
What exactly do you mean by "bugged"?
The RDS is funky when in Navigation.

When in the normal audio screen the top scroll for RDS data works correctly. For example. "The Band" displays for 2 seconds, "Perry - Song" displays for 2 seconds, "Title - 92.3" displays for 2 seconds, Then repeats. This is how it normally should work, and when in navigation, it used to work the same way.

Now however, when in navigation, the radio info strip on the bottom shows "92.3" and is blank, but every 2 seconds you will see the first line "The Band" for about 1/2 a second, then goes blank for 2 seconds, then the 2nd scroll line shows "Perry - Song" for 1/2 a second then goes blank for 2 seconds, then "Title - 92.3" for 1/2 a second then goes blank.

Basically, it doesn’t hold the updated RDS data displayed until the next RDS update.

I hope I explained it well, would be better to show a video of it, but *effort*

Old 02-07-2014, 06:27 AM
NiteOwlNY
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One could hope, couldn't they? I'd like full transmit/receive of my CB through my helmet and nothing I have found that I can plug into the 7 pin fits the bill.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:29 AM
dinsmoor17
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default download

When i downloaded the update i said it was a disc image file. I put that on the USB. Is that correct ? is that all i should do before i plug it in to the bike?

Old 02-07-2014, 06:32 AM
JT_HD
Advanced

Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
Did you notice if the little directional arrow on the GPS screen was pointing in the right direction, mine would always seem to be pointing opposite of where it was supposed to be pointing...Thanks!
Works as designed before and after the update.

It is *NOT* a map legend to show you which way the map is facing when using heading up option. This is a little confusing. Most GPS mapping aps such as what you would see in your car would have a "compass" that moved based on the map's movement to indicate which way is north on the map.

The icon on the Harley is not that. It is a Heading indicator, completely independent of the map. Think of it as your compass that is in your rear view mirror of your car, when you are driving south, it will say "S" when driving west it will say "W" This is how the indicator on your Harley works. When driving west, it will be pointed at the 9:00 position, when driving south, it will be pointed at the 6:00 position. East = 3:00 etc.

This can be confirmed in the following manner; when you turn the bike on, without moving and go into the navigation system, the map will pull up, the gps will be active and will show your exact location, the map may be facing in any direction, but the "heading" icon will not exist, it would not be displayed at all, nothing there. Once you start moving, and the radio figures out what direction you are heading in, the arrow/circle will appear and show you your direction.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:39 AM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by hapbob
Anybody do this on Windows 7 or do I have to buy a MAC for my Harley!?
I would like the steps from some one successful with Windows machine.

Will a 256MB stick work?
That's all I have at present? Does Harley sell a HD branded stick yet?
Just kidding
Thanks this site rocks to the Max!
Hap
No, 256 Mb drive is way too small. The file is 931 Mb or so, can't exactly recall at the moment, but Bradley 1 Gb . I think an 8 Mb minimum jump drive was recommended somewhere that I read, but maybe I am dreaming.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:40 AM
JT_HD
Advanced

Originally Posted by FirstElectra
I'm glad that some things have been fixed but the AVC still isn't close to
the change in volume due to speed that my 13 was. I didn't know how much
I liked that feature because on the 13 it just worked. I can now notice a slight decrease in volume when stopping but not enough to here the squeal of tires from behind. if anyone else that has warm enough weather to give it a try and report their opinion it's appreciated. I'm afraid getting them to do something with it half working will be tough unless a lot of folks complain.
AVC still doesn't work with helmet audio either. More to follow.....
AVC still functions like before the update, that is, like $hit. It works, but instead of a gradual increase in volume relative to speed, it goes from no boost to full boost at 1 mph. I keep my AVC at max 4 bars, so when sitting at a light at say 50% volume, as soon as I start to move ( > 1 MPH) the avc kicks in and pumps volume to the same sound level as 70% When I come to a stop it maintains the full boost (70%) until I come to a dead stop, then it drops back down to 50%.

I would think that the CANBUS line that the radio is tied into would have MPH data across it since current MPH is an option you can select for in your data fields in the navigation screen. Then again, it may just be using rate of gps data change to calculate the mph like most handhelds..... Gonna have to take a look at that tonight after work to see how fast the MPH updates. If it lags behind, then I would venture to guess it to be GPS calculated speed and not derived from CANBUS.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:46 AM
JT_HD
Advanced

Originally Posted by hapbob
Anybody do this on Windows 7 or do I have to buy a MAC for my Harley!?
I would like the steps from some one successful with Windows machine.

Will a 256MB stick work?
That's all I have at present? Does Harley sell a HD branded stick yet?
Just kidding
Thanks this site rocks to the Max!
Hap
Windows 7 here, no issues.

You will need ALOT more room then 256mb! LOL The .ISO file is a gig in size, and the stick will need more room than that to allow for the update to work (extracting, unpacking, upgrade operations, temp files, etc)

I've got a 32 gig mem stick that I can spray paint orange/black and draw in a bar and shield for ya. I'll sell it to ya for a Hundred Dollars (H-D)

Old 02-07-2014, 06:52 AM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JT_HD
Windows 7 here, no issues.

You will need ALOT more room then 256mb! LOL The .ISO file is a gig in size, and the stick will need more room than that to allow for the update to work (extracting, unpacking, upgrade operations, temp files, etc)

I've got a 32 gig mem stick that I can spray paint orange/black and draw in a bar and shield for ya. I'll sell it to ya for a Hundred Dollars (H-D)

I have the same stick but the edges are chrome. $119.00

Old 02-07-2014, 07:31 AM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by UppercaseJC
I have the same stick but the edges are chrome. $119.00
Mine is 8 gig, gloss black, retractable, and $59.99 shipped....lol

Quick Reply: Boombox 6.5 Software Update