Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Limited cup holder

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 02:33 PM
NiteOwlNY
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I had the chrome controls I'd have definitely bought the chrome GoPro mounts, I think matching them makes them less conspicuous. I like the fact that I can move things around and easily put something else there if the need arises. On the X mount I'm using their shortest arm. I know the phone has more functionality plugged in but I do pay for the XM app for my phone and if I want to change stations I need to get to the phone to do so.

As for the GoPro, you get vibration everywhere on a Harley, I still haven't come up with a perfect solution to it except to use heavy duty professional grade stuff to rig the cameras up. I already own the stuff so it's not like I had to buy it, the GoPro mounts are too flimsy. Ram is coming out with quick clamps which I will be buying at least 1 of each size and looking to do all my camera rigging with the Ram stuff in the future. It's all pretty sturdy but not as bulky as the pro stuff.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:21 AM
BTFD55
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg2012FLHTK
I had that same passenger cup holder on my 12 Limited. I kept it when I sold the 12. I called Kuryakn's customer support and they told me it will work on the 14. I haven't tried installing it yet. Waiting till it warms up enough to need to carry a drink. As long as the bolts that attach the speaker pods to the tourpak are at the same position from the outside edge of the speaker pods it should work.
Please let me know if it works. Hate to buy another because I left it on the "11 thinking it would not fit.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:03 AM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by BTFD55
Please let me know if it works. Hate to buy another because I left it on the "11 thinking it would not fit.
It doesn't work. The front of the tourpak on the pre 14's is straight across. On the 14's it is curved on the outside edges by the speaker pods. Kuryakyn doesn't currently have a passenger drink holder for the 14's. The only one I have found so far that will work is the Hog Trough's "Detachable speaker-mount cup holder" You can see it at http://www.hogtrough.com/portfolio/p...le-cup-holder/ I haven't ordered one yet. I like the fact it's easily detachable when not in use. But I'm wondering if there is any chance of the weight of a drink bouncing in it on bumps damaging the speaker pod.

Last edited by Greg2012FLHTK; 03-29-2014 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:09 PM
harleyjth
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg2012FLHTK
It doesn't work. The front of the tourpak on the pre 14's is straight across. On the 14's it is curved on the outside edges by the speaker pods. Kuryakyn doesn't currently have a passenger drink holder for the 14's. The only one I have found so far that will work is the Hog Trough's "Detachable speaker-mount cup holder" You can see it at http://www.hogtrough.com/portfolio/p...le-cup-holder/ I haven't ordered one yet. I like the fact it's easily detachable when not in use. But I'm wondering if there is any chance of the weight of a drink bouncing in it on bumps damaging the speaker pod.
I'd like to see how that one actually mounts to the speaker pod. Can't tell from the picture.
jt

Old 03-29-2014, 07:09 PM
MontyCop05
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had all of em. IMHO they all suck compared to the Hog Trough. Check it out here: http://www.hogtrough.com/hogtrough-products/

Last edited by MontyCop05; 03-29-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:12 PM
EveHD
Moderatress
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by MontyCop05
Had me all. IMHO they all suck compared to the Hog Trough. Check it out here: http://www.hogtrough.com/hogtrough-products/
I attempted to enter the site above and google reports it as Malware

Last edited by EveHD; 03-29-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:16 PM
MontyCop05
Road Master

Originally Posted by EveHD
I attempted to enter the site above and google reports it as Malware
It's not. Here try the front page and navigate to the 2014 models... http://www.hogtrough.com

Old 03-29-2014, 07:19 PM
EveHD
Moderatress
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

It's not. Here try the front page and navigate to the 2014 models... http://www.hogtrough.com
Thanks, but no. It still gives me the same message.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:26 PM
MontyCop05
Road Master

Originally Posted by EveHD
Thanks, but no. It still gives me the same message.
It's an issue on your end then. I'm using chrome on a MacBook, iPhone and android and it works fine on all of them. Trust me it's not malware. Try using a different browser.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:34 PM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

It's an issue on your end then. I'm using chrome on a MacBook, iPhone and android and it works fine on all of them. Trust me it's not malware. Try using a different browser.
I just tried it on Firefox and got the same warning. It didn't do that earlier today.

The link I posted for the passenger cup holder was hog trough. Have you tried there detachable speaker mount cup holder I had the link on post 33 of this thread?

Quick Reply: 2014 Limited cup holder