Sponsored by:

Harley Siren Install Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 07:47 PM
05dlx
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Harley Siren Install Not Working

OK, so I just installed the Harley siren on my new SGS according to the instructions (it is a very easy and simple install) and it is not working. Not sure what I did wrong in the installation process as it is very easy one plug, slide it in the slot and Velcro the antenna.

Got on the bike and moved the fob in another part of the house and sat on the bike to stand it up and all I get is the turn signals flashing.

Anyone have and ideas???

Old 03-27-2014, 07:59 PM
Rickpay1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05dlx
OK, so I just installed the Harley siren on my new SGS according to the instructions (it is a very easy and simple install) and it is not working. Not sure what I did wrong in the installation process as it is very easy one plug, slide it in the slot and Velcro the antenna.

Got on the bike and moved the fob in another part of the house and sat on the bike to stand it up and all I get is the turn signals flashing.

Anyone have and ideas???
I might be wrong but when I had the siren installed on my 13 the dealer had to program alarm that the siren was now installed...to make it work, I could be wrong lol

Old 03-27-2014, 08:06 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Anyone have and ideas???
Try turning the ignition ON then OFF with the fob near. Are you getting the chirp?

Old 03-27-2014, 08:19 PM
SoCalMike
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I've installed 1 in my '12 SG, and 2 in '14 Ultra Limited's and none of them required programming. Not sure on the SGS but the instructions with my siren did not include those for a '14 model as they are different. Make sure the speaker is in the hole in the plastic receiver (have heard folks putting them in upside down) and that the antennae isn't touching your frame. Other than that I thought if you're lights blink the siren should blare if it goes off.

Programming should be only if you install the Security if you didn't have it to begin with so you pair the FOB to the unit or if you take the next step beyond the siren and add the pager. Hmmmmm . . . . . .

Old 03-27-2014, 08:41 PM
05dlx
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rwhisen
Try turning the ignition ON then OFF with the fob near. Are you getting the chirp?
Nope, not getting the chirp.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:43 PM
05dlx
Cruiser

Nope, not getting the chirp.
Sorry spoke too soon I turned the ignition in and off and I do get the chirp.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:44 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

The alarm has its own on board battery and it may require charging before it will work. Did you check the orientation of the plug to ensure it is plugged in correctly?

If it chirps it should work.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:23 PM
rob_low0228
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ya should be good to go now. once you install it, you have to cycle the ignition with the fob near by. I chose to disable my chirp on arm and disarm. works as advertised.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:49 PM
hanny
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you have to cycle it a few times like has been said. If the chirp is working the install is right on I would guess....... By the way,, Beautiful color of your bike,,,,,,,:icon_cla pclap::icon_clapclap ::ico n_clapclap:

Old 03-28-2014, 05:46 AM
05dlx
Cruiser

Yep, cycling was what it was. I feel like a moron.

Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: Harley Siren Install Not Working