Sponsored by:

Vance&Hines Dresser Duals vs. Power Duals

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 06:02 AM
eqcons
Tourer
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by stuart1270
Go with the dresser duals me and two others had problems with the power duals either cracking or leaking at the x welds. Even though V&H exchanged them they still had to be installed. As for stage 1 Its a toss up. I'd stick to Harley.
Interesting to read of your problems. I had PDs on my last bike and they were fine - never a problem. Got a set to put on my 14, and could not get the front port to seal, had to use normal TC gaskets. Since then I'm convinced I have a leak (backfires like crazy on overrun, regardless of what map I load) but I cannot find it if there is one. Can you give more info on the leaks at the x welds you mention? Were they holes or cracks? Were they obvious?

Old 09-03-2014, 09:17 AM
30glock
Road Warrior
Received 335 Likes on 222 Posts
Default PD

See my Sig to see what I am running, Love this set up not to loud but very deep throaty sound.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:02 AM
stuart1270
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by eqcons
Interesting to read of your problems. I had PDs on my last bike and they were fine - never a problem. Got a set to put on my 14, and could not get the front port to seal, had to use normal TC gaskets. Since then I'm convinced I have a leak (backfires like crazy on overrun, regardless of what map I load) but I cannot find it if there is one. Can you give more info on the leaks at the x welds you mention? Were they holes or cracks? Were they obvious?
Get one of those bbq grill lighters the one with a long or flexible neck run the bike and use the flame to look for the leak. If you remove the x shield look for the leak both on the inside and outside of the crossover pipe ( x pipe ). Also check all the joints . Good luck let me know how it goes. By the way hole was obvious. But the lighter exposed the crack.

Last edited by stuart1270; 09-03-2014 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:27 AM
eqcons
Tourer
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by stuart1270
Get one of those bbq grill lighters the one with a long or flexible neck run the bike and use the flame to look for the leak. If you remove the x shield look for the leak both on the inside and outside of the crossover pipe ( x pipe ). Also check all the joints . Good luck let me know how it goes. By the way hole was obvious. But the lighter exposed the crack.
Thanks Stuart, I'll have a look at the weekend.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

I've got the Jackpot 2-1-2 Ceramic pipe and you can still use the stock heat shields and the pipe works great. Same principle as the Power Duals.

Old 09-03-2014, 02:36 PM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I know you were asking about V&H, I was considering one or the other also at one time, then I started researching the Cobras and S&S. I went with the Cobra Power Ports mainly because I will gain more low end torque then stock, and get the sound of true duals. It also gave me the true dual look I was after. Made in the USA, everything fit like a glove, quality and chrome are top notch, very happy with the performance. You probably will not gain as much low end vs the V&H Power Duals and not as much sound vs the V&H True Duals. Unless you are after one or the other, the Cobras and S&S are a little of both and still add more then stock in torque and sound.

Old 09-03-2014, 05:05 PM
1965f100
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Crusher Power Cell (basically same as V&H Power Duals) that Kury sells with the Crusher mufflers. My friend has the Crusher True duals with the same mufflers. My bike has a deeper tone and is not quite as loud or sharp under full throttle.

Old 06-16-2015, 11:31 PM
Xube
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the pipes look great on a great looking ride.

Old 06-17-2015, 12:09 AM
starbiker99
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My 2 cents! After running the old version of the S&S power tune dual (BAD IDEA) I tried a S&S 2into1. Now I am running the S&S Power tune dual (new version)with Freedom Performance Outlaw mufflers! The look and sound is just SWEET!!!! I ride with a couple fellas with the V&H power duals. They sound good as well. I don't know anyone I ride with that has true duals. I know too much S&S info in a V&H thread!!!

Old 06-17-2015, 05:42 AM
NWGlide
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by starbiker99
My 2 cents! After running the old version of the S&S power tune dual (BAD IDEA) I tried a S&S 2into1. Now I am running the S&S Power tune dual (new version)with Freedom Performance Outlaw mufflers! The look and sound is just SWEET!!!! I ride with a couple fellas with the V&H power duals. They sound good as well. I don't know anyone I ride with that has true duals. I know too much S&S info in a V&H thread!!!
Plus, the S&S has the same exhaust port flange that the stock head pipe has - jus sayin'

Quick Reply: Vance&Hines Dresser Duals vs. Power Duals