Sponsored by:

BOOM audio - BT - Text Messages

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 10:42 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 577 Likes on 417 Posts
Default BOOM audio - BT - Text Messages

Was having an issue synching my phone messages with my '14 TK Infotainment system. Check my phone messages & realized I had a MMS message which was preventing the synch. Deleting the MMS message allowed the SMS messages to synch.

Those having problems getting texts to synch should verify they have no MMS (text with graphics or other multi-media) in their phone. SMS (text only) only is compatible.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:07 PM
JiXeR
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

but not while you're moving, right? i still haven't gotten mine to come up on screen.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:42 PM
twig
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

I've tried every way possible with my iPhone 4 and no way can I get text no way, done it all and still won't receive text and yes everything that should be on and off is. I give up I've owned the bike a year Sept 30 and that's my only gripe with the bike.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:48 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by JiXeR
but not while you're moving, right? i still haven't gotten mine to come up on screen.
IIRC, you will get an icon in the status row at the bottom of the screen to let you know you have a text. I know when you use Comm menu to access, it will list messages & when selected, read them to you. Don't ever remember doing that while moving, but think the notification icon appears while riding.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:14 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 157 Posts

I can listen to text message while riding. it will play over the speakers.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:32 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by twig
I've tried every way possible with my iPhone 4 and no way can I get text no way, done it all and still won't receive text and yes everything that should be on and off is. I give up I've owned the bike a year Sept 30 and that's my only gripe with the bike.
Ever think the problem might be the phone?

Just sayin...

Old 09-15-2014, 02:39 PM
skyflyer
Road Captain
Received 133 Likes on 74 Posts

I really like this feature but you don't get a notification if you have the map displayed. Come on.

Old 09-15-2014, 04:00 PM
Jagpanzer
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twig
Two questions:

1. What iOS are you running?
2. Once connected via BT to the bike, go to Settings, Bluetooth and find the H-D Radio and hit the 'i' icon to the right. Ensure 'Show Notifications' is enabled. This is normally NOT enabled and only appears as an option if your device supports it. Any iPhone 4 and greater running the latest iOS supports this feature.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:54 PM
SoCalMike
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Two things . . .

1) I yet to see anyone getting text messages from any iPhone (IOS) device with the 2014's Boom Audio . . . and with that said . . .

and I'm not taking a position for, or against, but I've heard discussion that . . .

2) it 'could' be dangerous to get a text message to pop up on screen, and/or have it read aloud while riding. Just imagine if *something* came up that you perhaps didn't want your 'passenger' to see/hear . . . . might be careful what ya wish for . . . . And I did have a 'buddy' that had to do some quick explaining when a phone number popped up on screen while riding with his 'passenger'.

Maybe it's better for some of you not to getting text messages and phone calls while you're riding . . . .

Old 09-15-2014, 06:23 PM
Rockgeezer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

iPhone 4S with latest 7.1.2 iOS. While riding, text icon comes up on screen as it should. Scrolling to message and selecting will read aloud over bike speakers, as it should. Also, if you have GPS screen running, you can check for texts by simply pushing your right thumb INFO button and if you have a text, it will show the icon on that screen at the bottom like normal. Previous iOS versions also worked correctly regarding texts, as well as everything else.

Last edited by Rockgeezer; 09-15-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Quick Reply: BOOM audio - BT - Text Messages