2018+ Softail Models Breakout

ADM's 2018 114" Fat Bob thread.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 01:00 PM
branonboy11
Stage IV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I added the Dougz standard fairing and love it. He is also working on an audio insert. The windscreen is easily removable as well.

Old 03-31-2019, 04:58 PM
Alan Green
Novice
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking Dougz Spartan Mini fairing fitted - highly recommended!

Well the Dougz Spartan Mini in black denim paint arrived, all components and fittings were of the highest quality. Took me 15 minutes to fit, on the road I can now cruise at 85-90 with all the wind pressure diverted away from chest and torso. Am taking this bike to Austria in June, and this fairing will be just perfect. First service, plus custom dynamics indicator conversion & heated grips due in 90 miles, then will fit V&H slip ons, may go for a high flow filter before the trip. Highly recommended!

Old 04-01-2019, 02:48 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,460 Likes on 1,407 Posts

Very nice indeed. I like the look of that a lot.

If you haven't already purchased the slip ons, I have a set of S&S Grand National slip ons that I have no need for any more. Let me know if you are interested.

Old 04-01-2019, 03:21 AM
Alan Green
Novice
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a set of 2nd hand V&H slip ons, although the guy I bought them from didn't tell me they had a few scratches. But I paid GBP150 so can't complain - I can probably live with those scratches tbh as they are pretty small. As a matter of interest, how much are you asking for the S&S slip ons?

Old 04-01-2019, 03:52 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Alan Green
I have a set of 2nd hand V&H slip ons, although the guy I bought them from didn't tell me they had a few scratches. But I paid GBP150 so can't complain - I can probably live with those scratches tbh as they are pretty small. As a matter of interest, how much are you asking for the S&S slip ons?
:-) Probably £200 for mine. I don't think they have any scratches on them, but can't recall from memory.

I would stick with the V&H if I were you. You'll probably end up wanting to do a full exhaust system at some point in the future anyway....

Old 04-09-2019, 02:08 AM
AEF
Stage IV
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi all, sorry if this is the wrong place and I don’t want to hijack thread or anything. I am new here and have a 2018 Fat Bob completely std. I want to get rid of the cats from the std header pipe but want to merge the pipes better. Please see picture attached that I grabbed from an earlier post and edited. I think this will work better for scavenging than the original Harley merge and be similar in performance to a 2 into 1. I will also put on the Rinehart mufflers. I like the look of the original exhaust and would like to keep the look but get rid of the restrictions.
What are your thoughts?

Old 05-21-2019, 10:27 AM
MrLongbeard
Cruiser
Received 205 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by adm

Does anyone know where these mirrors came from / name of the model etc?
After something to replace the dire stock mirrors, been bitten with cheap Amazon rubbish once but them there above look right nice.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:44 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 955 Likes on 657 Posts

After trying with the extenders, I have new mirrors on order, don't now if they will fit at the master cylinder but we will see. If not I'll use them for another
project, they are approx $95.00

Old 05-21-2019, 10:59 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by MrLongbeard
After something to replace the dire stock mirrors, been bitten with cheap Amazon rubbish once but them there above look right nice.
Hi There,

They are Shin Yo Agila mirrors - you can pick them up from quite a few places online fairly cheaply.

However - I have since changed my mirrors and would recommend the new ones over those ones.

The new ones are motogadget m-view Sport mirrors - they are glassless and look super cool. Also adjustable like the Agila ones, but optically superior.

motogadget mirrors

The downside is they ain't cheap.....

The following users liked this post:
MrLongbeard (01-13-2023)
Old 05-21-2019, 07:30 PM
Bikecraft
Novice
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MrLongbeard

yes- we stock them here... But you did say you were trying to stay away from cheap rubbish..

https://www.shin-yo.de/produkt/shin-...siena/?lang=en

They are a cheap chinese mirror

Quick Reply: ADM's 2018 114" Fat Bob thread.....