2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2023, 09:56 PM
LTBiker
Tourer
Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts

Rider Backrest Input requested. I just pulled the trigger on a new '23 Anniversary Heritage. I have always been OK with the stock Heritage rider seat (no passengers anymore). BUT, I want/need a good rider backrest that will attach/fit with the stock seat, or else will be looking at an aftermarket seat with one.
Does anybody know of an aftermarket rider backrest available that adjusts and pivots to fold down, like a Mustang or Saddlemen backrest does? Not a fan of the Grasshopper or similar style backrest; want one that has the pivot point so it will fit snug against my back. Kind of hate to give up the stock seat since it has the Anniversary red band, but having a good backrest is more important.
Appreciate any input anyone can give.

Old 12-28-2023, 09:03 AM
DCBurnsy
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LTBiker
Rider Backrest Input requested. I just pulled the trigger on a new '23 Anniversary Heritage. I have always been OK with the stock Heritage rider seat (no passengers anymore). BUT, I want/need a good rider backrest that will attach/fit with the stock seat, or else will be looking at an aftermarket seat with one.
Does anybody know of an aftermarket rider backrest available that adjusts and pivots to fold down, like a Mustang or Saddlemen backrest does? Not a fan of the Grasshopper or similar style backrest; want one that has the pivot point so it will fit snug against my back. Kind of hate to give up the stock seat since it has the Anniversary red band, but having a good backrest is more important.
I just bought a backrest for my 22 Heritage from Hogworkz. It’s well made, easy to install and reasonably priced. Ride safe

Old 12-28-2023, 01:54 PM
Old New Rider
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by LTBiker
Not sure if MoCo sells separately, but the Hammock seat comes with an adjustable rider back I found excellent. Never knew I needed one until I had one. Much more relaxed riding with it.
Good luck.

The following users liked this post:
Axedude (12-28-2023)
Old 12-28-2023, 11:20 PM
Axedude
Cruiser

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Old New Rider
Not sure if MoCo sells separately, but the Hammock seat comes with an adjustable rider back I found excellent. Never knew I needed one until I had one. Much more relaxed riding with it.
Good luck.
For me, the stock seat is only good for about a half hour. I’m going to try the Hammock with the back rest.

Old 12-29-2023, 10:33 AM
Old New Rider
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 254 Posts

Yup - stock seat gives you saddle a$$ in about a half hour - I've ridden Hammock for over an hour and still felt great, esp. with the seat backrest.

I've seen other members say there are better seats for long distance touring, though. Seeing as you have a tour bike, you might want to investigate further. I don't tour, just cruise or day trip.

Old 12-29-2023, 01:59 PM
justcruising
Advanced
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

This one pops up online https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/382287254839 🤞🍻.

Old 12-29-2023, 02:43 PM
Axedude
Cruiser

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Old New Rider
Yup - stock seat gives you saddle a$$ in about a half hour - I've ridden Hammock for over an hour and still felt great, esp. with the seat backrest.

I've seen other members say there are better seats for long distance touring, though. Seeing as you have a tour bike, you might want to investigate further. I don't tour, just cruise or day trip.
It seems like people like the Hammock seat. My CVO has one and it’s the most comfortable seat I’ve ever had. I had one on my 2014 SGS and my 2020 Ultra Limited. My back needs a backrest! I’m looking for comfort.
in no hurry unfortunately. 4 more months of winter.

The following users liked this post:
Old New Rider (12-30-2023)
Old 12-29-2023, 06:02 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,306 Likes on 954 Posts

I do not have one of these, but I have heard good reports....

https://www.grasshopperlimited.com/harley-davidson/

hth,

T.

Old 12-29-2023, 10:50 PM
abolton89
Advanced
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by WKNDS
I do not have one of these, but I have heard good reports....

https://www.grasshopperlimited.com/harley-davidson/

hth,

T.
I had a grasshopper with my stock seat and it was amazing. Sold it to my buddy. Highly recommend one for the longer rides.
I now have a the wall seat.

Old 12-30-2023, 05:25 AM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,800 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Love my 'hopper!

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread