2018+ Softail Models Breakout

No gloss black riser to match Fat Chizeled Bar?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 11:25 PM
JerickG
Intermediate
Received 47 Likes on 9 Posts
Default No gloss black riser to match Fat Chizeled Bar?

In the process of changing stock bars out for the 12 inch Fat Chizeled bars. Unfortunately I can't find a stock height, gloss black riser that fits the 1 inch bar.
My dealership says my only option is to powder coat the stock riser gloss black. I was hoping to have a smooth riser to match the bar.

Does anyone have any suggestions for options I might be overlooking?

Old 01-07-2019, 06:43 AM
Danielc409
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What bike? What size riser? ( On phone, can't see sig if you have one )

Old 01-07-2019, 10:31 AM
JerickG
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Danielc409
What bike? What size riser? ( On phone, can't see sig if you have one )
A 2019 FXBB, Looking to keep the stock riser height which seems to be 1 inch.

Old 01-07-2019, 06:51 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by JerickG
A 2019 FXBB, Looking to keep the stock riser height which seems to be 1 inch.
Mate if you did want to raise the riser height for cheap but look factory ,the stud that goes into the bottom of the riser is a bout four inch with a thread on each end , get one longer for purpose , and go to your local ag/machinery shop and buy the length of rise you want in something they have , and they have heaps , they will have the threaded stud and some tube to go under the risers the stud goes through.Paint it black or wrinkle black and fit it up , there's a few inches the of wiring spare in the loom too.
My local John Deere guy has everything I've ever needed in small bolts/screws/fixtures/washers, bits and pieces but it onmly ever costs a buck or two and I feel bad,I usually leave with out getting my change so it's worth their time finding it on their many many shelves.
The Harley riser costs this much https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...-fat-riser-kit and doing it yourself would cost under 20 bucks including the rattle can.You save 230 bucks for use on dirty prostitutes lol.
I'm going to do this but I keep forgetting about it as I'm old.

Old 01-07-2019, 10:22 PM
JerickG
Intermediate

Originally Posted by badcooky
Mate if you did want to raise the riser height for cheap but look factory ,the stud that goes into the bottom of the riser is a bout four inch with a thread on each end , get one longer for purpose , and go to your local ag/machinery shop and buy the length of rise you want in something they have , and they have heaps , they will have the threaded stud and some tube to go under the risers the stud goes through.Paint it black or wrinkle black and fit it up , there's a few inches the of wiring spare in the loom too.
My local John Deere guy has everything I've ever needed in small bolts/screws/fixtures/washers, bits and pieces but it onmly ever costs a buck or two and I feel bad,I usually leave with out getting my change so it's worth their time finding it on their many many shelves.
The Harley riser costs this much https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...-fat-riser-kit and doing it yourself would cost under 20 bucks including the rattle can.You save 230 bucks for use on dirty prostitutes lol.
I'm going to do this but I keep forgetting about it as I'm old.
Its more so the paint that I was looking to change from the stock rough texture to the smooth gloss but if I need to change the height I will definitely consider this option. Thanks!

Old 01-08-2019, 07:03 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by JerickG
Its more so the paint that I was looking to change from the stock rough texture to the smooth gloss but if I need to change the height I will definitely consider this option. Thanks!
Please do it as I'm old ,fat and lazy.
Cheers bra.