2018+ Softail Models Breakout

FatBabyBoy gets a Sport Glide.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 10:07 AM
Bowhunter8607
Road Warrior
Received 417 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by modular
Nope, not special in any way........just a intolerant di#k.
Well that should be AN intolerant dick since you feel like correcting everyone. There's a taste of your own medicine. Get it right!

OP, sounds like you got yourself a sweet new ride! Congrats. Post some pics when you get her home!

Last edited by Bowhunter8607; 03-12-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:09 AM
FatBabyBoy
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by polbit
Congrats OP on pulling the right trigger, and nice color too! Let the mods begin, there is no end to them, that's for sure!
Thanks to all. I have a quote from one dealer of 5k another for same with less labor for 3k, so unless the seller will match the other, I have to take delivery stock, and drive to other dealer to get mods. Lots of black coming to offset the silver, black, chrome. I think it is going to be sweet and mine.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:12 AM
craftkr
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats, post pics when you get it!

Old 03-12-2019, 11:09 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowhunter8607
Well that should be AN intolerant dick since you feel like correcting everyone. There's a taste of your own medicine. Get it right! :icon_laugh
Noted and corrected the error in my phone post. Thank you for showing me the error in my ways.

SNOSG

Old 03-12-2019, 08:12 PM
FatBabyBoy
Advanced

Originally Posted by uncle kebo
CONGRATS BRO!!!!!

Lesseeee..... Exhaust, Intake, Power Commander, Seat, Mirrors, Grips.... la la la la.....

COngrats again! Get the hard copy of the catalog and a bunch of yellow stickies! If nothing else, learn from my lesson on my FB114 - there are MANY mistakes in the HD website and catalog regarding fitment. Confirm with your dealer that if its a non-fit, they take it back w/no restock fee.
Thanks for that guidance. Friday getting closer....

Old 03-12-2019, 10:04 PM
Superdog3:16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 723 Likes on 443 Posts

Congrats! That's one of the models I thought hard on when I bought my new one. I HAFTA ask man, we're you thoughts on the sport glide wavering in light of the new Electra standard? Mine woulda, but ultimately, the sport has things I like a lil better.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:33 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts

I don't care how you say it, congrats on your new Harley. The Sport Glide is one cool looking bike.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:52 PM
Daedalus1066
Cruiser
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Congrats on the purchase. I bought mine Last Oct with 19 miles on it, I am now over 5000 miles.

Old 03-13-2019, 06:15 PM
FatBabyBoy
Advanced

Originally Posted by Superdog3:16
Congrats! That's one of the models I thought hard on when I bought my new one. I HAFTA ask man, we're you thoughts on the sport glide wavering in light of the new Electra standard? Mine woulda, but ultimately, the sport has things I like a lil better.
Superdog3
That is a great question and you will hear various answers when you ask. For me I did pause, but I started out returning to riding this year. In February I was going to by an Iron 883 and trade up next year. My goal was to get back on 2 wheels ASAP. My end game is Road Glide Special in industrial grey denim, but since I don’t want that weight right away, I was going to get a sporty. This year Virginia H-D was prohibited from participating in Freedom Promise.

That pushed me to Softail and when starting with Street Bob- small tank. Low Rider too much chrome and at time no forward controls. Slim had to add ABS and too many other things for 2 up and not sporty enough. Not a deluxe or Fat Bob guy. Fat boy liked but to me Sport Glide is best of both Fat boy and any touring bagger. When stripped down I call it a Fat Baby Boy. Thus my handle. It includes ABS and even cruise control. I will eventually add the tour pack and not have bags all the time 2 up with my wife. It has better back rest for her. Then add the fact I got ‘19 Barracuda Silver for sale price below starting MSRP of the Low Rider. That sealed it.

I will get used to riding this with my wife 2up and and move to RGS. 670lbs +me + wife = Touring weight +me

The Electra Glide Standard is a great option and almost made me pause. I was there when it was getting cleaned and put on floor. But I was already 3k in parts with Sport Glide and didn’t want to change my handle here, lol

Old 03-13-2019, 06:21 PM
FatBabyBoy
Advanced

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC
I don't care how you say it, congrats on your new Harley. The Sport Glide is one cool looking bike.
Thanks when I get it pics will be followed up for sure. I hope my style choices are pleasing, but really it is mine, but I will share (pics)

Quick Reply: FatBabyBoy gets a Sport Glide.