Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

SAS Air Suspension or others

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:16 PM
PhantomMaxx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SAS Air Suspension or others

I'm also very interested in the Platinum bleed/feed system. One concern with this set up is, if they don't use air bags aren't the chambers likely to leak over time?

ORIGINAL: hspring03
A friend of mine was just at SAS this week to get his system fixed...It had a flaw in production and they took care of it under warranty...He did a ride from Alberta Canada down to Gatlinburg, Tn and then took the Southern route out west then north back to Alberta...That's a 7500mile trip with SAS..He likes the system, and has no comfort issues.
Did he say what the issue was? Did he ride most of those miles with the SAS all the way up?

ORIGINAL: cagao
t-rob has the sas and has post info on it...you may che k the lo ked nt thread...maybe phuckthis can help you out
That Night Train Picture thread is long, even when I use the search I couldn't find the pages with the SAS install.

ORIGINAL: wlkilmer
Progressive Airtail, very nice system. Didn't use the switch and gauge box, found places around the bike to mount the controls and gauge.
Didn't know that could be done. Do you have pics of the set-up?

Old 05-02-2008, 12:59 AM
07NT
Tourer

Old 05-02-2008, 03:28 AM
Triple 6
6th Gear

I've been runnin the SAS for a couple of months now. I normally ride it slammed, but will lift it up a bit when on a bumpy highway. To me, there is a HUGE difference between riding it slammed and lifting it one inch. Not sure what the guys at CCCS are talking about, but you DO notice a difference. When the old lady is with me, I air it up quite a bit and it's like riding on air. LOL

Old 05-02-2008, 04:52 AM
PhantomMaxx
Tourer

ORIGINAL: 07NT
The legend L3 system is a clean set up . The handle bar mounted control switch looks factory like it belongs there . It rides like a cadilac too [sm=signs007.gif]
That is a nice clean set up indeed. Did you do internal wiring on the switch? I know Legend L3 does not have dampening control but that Deflective disk dampening is proven. Hmmm...

ORIGINAL: Triple 6
I've been runnin the SAS for a couple of months now. I normally ride it slammed, but will lift it up a bit when on a bumpy highway. To me, there is a HUGE difference between riding it slammed and lifting it one inch. Not sure what the guys at CCCS are talking about, but you DO notice a difference. When the old lady is with me, I air it up quite a bit and it's like riding on air. LOL
If I hadn't heard it from the horses mouth, so to speak, I wouldn't have believe it myself. When Aaron of CCCS explained it to me almost a year ago I wasn't sure it I understood it correctly, that is why I asked again. Eric of CCCS said they are working on a new model that will have adjustable dampening regardless of height. Even there downloadable brochure says "Simply add more air to the unit to reach your desired stiffness, and release the air to drop your bike." .... I asked wouldn't adding air lift the bike, and Eric said yes when to gets to the top it can't get any higher just firmer.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:50 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

ORIGINAL: PhantomMaxx

ORIGINAL: hspring03
A friend of mine was just at SAS this week to get his system fixed...It had a flaw in production and they took care of it under warranty...He did a ride from Alberta Canada down to Gatlinburg, Tn and then took the Southern route out west then north back to Alberta...That's a 7500mile trip with SAS..He likes the system, and has no comfort issues.
Did he say what the issue was? Did he ride most of those miles with the SAS all the way up?

It was leaking..slowly...I would have to check with him on where he had it set..I believe he adjusted it..Most of the triop was solo. His wife met us in Gatlinburg, and I know he adjusted it higher when she was riding.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:16 AM
wlkilmer
Intermediate

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: wlkilmer
Progressive Airtail, very nice system. Didn't use the switch and gauge box, found places around the bike to mount the controls and gauge.
[/blockquote]

Didn't know that could be done. Do you have pics of the set-up? Here it is. Cost me $1k + a smaller gauge on Ebay.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Triple 6
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: PhantomMaxx

ORIGINAL: 07NT
The legend L3 system is a clean set up . The handle bar mounted control switch looks factory like it belongs there . It rides like a cadilac too [sm=signs007.gif]
That is a nice clean set up indeed. Did you do internal wiring on the switch? I know Legend L3 does not have dampening control but that Deflective disk dampening is proven. Hmmm...

If I hadn't heard it from the horses mouth, so to speak, I wouldn't have believe it myself. When Aaron of CCCS explained it to me almost a year ago I wasn't sure it I understood it correctly, that is why I asked again. Eric of CCCS said they are working on a new model that will have adjustable dampening regardless of height. Even there downloadable brochure says "Simply add more air to the unit to reach your desired stiffness, and release the air to drop your bike." .... I asked wouldn't adding air lift the bike, and Eric said yes when to gets to the top it can't get any higher just firmer.
Well, not sure what to say. All I know, which is from experience with the product, if I put air into it lift it once inch, there is suspension play...meaning, I have a suspension. Granted...it's a bit rougher than I would have if I lifted it to 2", but there is suspension play. It's not like riding it while it's slammed.

You do what you want, man...obviously, but my SAS is the ****!

Old 05-02-2008, 10:27 PM
PhantomMaxx
Tourer

Well, not sure what to say. All I know, which is from experience with the product, if I put air into it lift it once inch, there is suspension play...meaning, I have a suspension. Granted...it's a bit rougher than I would have if I lifted it to 2", but there is suspension play. It's not like riding it while it's slammed.

You do what you want, man...obviously, but my SAS is the ****!
Thats cool. It will always have play unless it is all the way down. Just because it has play doesn't mean it has dampening. Dampening is the rate in which the shock compresses and rebound.
For greater handling link on the track you would want firmer dampening on the compression to keep the wheels on the surface. Greater rebound compression will and softer compression will give that smooth ride. I'm still looking into it more. CCCS just sent me another email but haven't read it yet. I'll get back to ya. Thanks for your input.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:49 PM
PhantomMaxx
Tourer

ok. I just read the email from Eric at CCCS, they revised their brochure to reflect what I've been talking to them about. I'm posting from my phone so I can't copy and paste their response. Will add it when I get back to the computer.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:44 PM
1badnt
Road Master

phantom....
just out of curiosity.....if they told you the SAS was not the one for you, did you ask them which one was?
have you talked to the other manufacturers and told them the same scenerio and see what they said?

I'm interested in buying the SAS, so this thread is very interesting...

Quick Reply: SAS Air Suspension or others