Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

Air Ride

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 09:49 AM
SIXR
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluedemon06
Saw diamond air ride suspension from demons cycle for $514.00. For softtails everything included. Any infor about diamond air ride or demons cycle would be appreciated. Good deal or not?
There's been several warning posts about Demon Cycle here in the recent past.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:53 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the hi-lo. To gain access to the transmission drain plug you pump up the air ride with the bike on the lift. Put a 2x4 under the rear tire and drop it. That allows access to the plug without removal.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:05 AM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by anubisss
I have the hi-lo. To gain access to the transmission drain plug you pump up the air ride with the bike on the lift. Put a 2x4 under the rear tire and drop it. That allows access to the plug without removal.
That gives you access to the plug, but how do you keep it from dripping all over the shocks (since they are so much fatter than stock)? Use a catheter bag?

Old 12-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Dustmaker
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by anubisss
Where do you put the 2x4??? Between the tire and "what"?

Having first cup of coffee, and can not get a image of this in my simple head.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:37 AM
socalrk
Advanced

Stay as far away from Demons Cycle as possible. Tons of posts on here, ebay and club chopper.com about those crooks.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:19 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bluedemon06
Saw diamond air ride suspension from demons cycle for $514.00. For softtails everything included. Any infor about diamond air ride or demons cycle would be appreciated. Good deal or not?
I'm a firm believer that "you get what you pay for." That's not to say that sometimes you can't find a smoking deal on a product, and walk away a winner. But from what I've read about Demon Cycles, I don't believe that you even get what you pay for with them.....you just get shafted.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:35 PM
newcastlefatz
Novice

I've seen this system elsewhere, American Classic Cycle carries it. It can be had on ebay as well. Has anyone actually used the system yet? I mean, there's really not that much in "hard parts" that go into an air shock? Tiny compressors are pretty cheap too. I'd love an air ride to keep my boards off the ground, but am hard pressed to fork out a grand or better.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:06 PM
TIPN8R
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by socalrk
Stay as far away from Demons Cycle as possible. Tons of posts on here, ebay and club chopper.com about those crooks.
X2! stay away from those guys!

Old 01-10-2009, 07:12 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

does this system even lower the bike,,,,,,,,,,,the specs say it raises the bike 4.5 inches, not lower

Old 02-26-2009, 04:55 PM
str8pipe11
Stage III
Default Diamond Air Ride

I recently installed that system, pretty straight foward, it uses a viar pump, same slip fit connectors and 1/4 tubing as arnott. The shocks I think are Street Ride Performance. Seems to work good considering the price. I did order 1/4 compression fittings since the slip fit connectors do not like the tubing to be curved near the fitting, causes very slight leaking. Easy fix though. The new fittings are stainless steel, they cost $120.00 on top of the kit $520 so for $640.00 I would say it is worth it. I haven't taken for a ride, the motors apart still.

Quick Reply: Air Ride