Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Boom 2 amplifier wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 08:00 PM
Fantozi
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Boom 2 amplifier wiring

I was curious if anyone has installed or has the amp under the tour pack for the boom 2 tour pack speakers..

I'm installing boom 2 now but instead of mounting the amp under the tour pack, I am putting it in the left saddle bag.. (So that I can remove the tour pack)

Basically I need some pictures of the wiring harness connector that connects to the amp. The amp connector has 3 rows of 8 wires. The middle row has white plugs in the empty sockets. The Digital Technician programmer recognizes which amp its programing due to a white with red stripe wire that's in one of these 4 holes.

If anyone can take pictures of the wires within the black shell behind the connector and post them I would love you to death !!! This is for the harness that connects to the amp under the tourpack (Boom Stage 2)...

Thank you!!

This is the harness and the connector in question:

Attached Thumbnails Harley Boom 2 amplifier wiring-capture.jpg  
Old 05-18-2015, 06:42 AM
dgreen1069
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Send a PM to Copyless. He just installed the Stage II fairly recently.

I will warn you, Copyless, CreeseHD, and myself all went with the Stage II and had the systems removed (Copyless hasn't yet but is having the same problems). We all had issues with the front speakers cutting out momentarily on a regular basis. It's pretty obvious the issue is related to Harley's programming of either the head unit or the amps, but it appears to be widespread. There are guys with CVO Street Glides that are experiencing the same issues and their bikes came standard with the system.

Good luck....I think the system has the potential to sound very good.