Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 RG audio upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 08:15 AM
pdevore
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Default 2015 RG audio upgrade

Guys,
I have a 12 RG with fairing speakers and speakers in the bag lids. I am trying to get the best speakers that I can afford and still maintain ALL the stock locations. I would prefer the Focal 165KRX2 but then I have no place to install the tweeters. As for the bag lids I can't find much for highness matching 5x7's. I just ordered the xDi 600.4 amp and will be running that. I am looking for options on what is the BEST 6.5 and 5x7 with integrated tweeters OR have the ability for the tweeters to mount over the woofer. I have a budget of about $1500 for the speakers but if I don't need to spend it all I will order other stuff for the bike.
Thanks for all the help guys.
(also, PLEASE lets NOT turn this into bashing other people's opinions. I will do my due diligence once I have other options of speakers that I may not have seen to heard of)

Pete

Old 07-26-2015, 10:08 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by pdevore
Guys,
I have a 12 RG with fairing speakers and speakers in the bag lids. I am trying to get the best speakers that I can afford and still maintain ALL the stock locations. I would prefer the Focal 165KRX2 but then I have no place to install the tweeters. As for the bag lids I can't find much for highness matching 5x7's. I just ordered the xDi 600.4 amp and will be running that. I am looking for options on what is the BEST 6.5 and 5x7 with integrated tweeters OR have the ability for the tweeters to mount over the woofer. I have a budget of about $1500 for the speakers but if I don't need to spend it all I will order other stuff for the bike.
Thanks for all the help guys.
(also, PLEASE lets NOT turn this into bashing other people's opinions. I will do my due diligence once I have other options of speakers that I may not have seen to heard of)

Pete
Three choices on the 6.5's.

JL C5 650X
Arc Moto 602
Hertz HCX 165

5x7's You want one of these three.

http://www.biketronics.com/bt457-5x7-speaker-kit/

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_136C557...4192505&awdv=c

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...FYI7aQody6cEHw

Old 07-26-2015, 10:19 AM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,008 Likes on 498 Posts

Not sure if it makes a difference when it comes to speaker fitment or not, but just for clarification is it a 12 or 15 RG?

Old 07-26-2015, 11:59 AM
pdevore
Tourer

That would be my FAT FINGERS it is a 15' RG
Thanks for catching that.
I was just starting to look into the Arc speakers, I haven't heard much of them. Ive done a ton of research on the Focal's and like what I see, but some of my concerns are what happens when they get wet?

Thanks
Pete

Old 07-26-2015, 12:39 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Gann's heard or had all of those. I've had those arcs in my lowers and they are as loud and with as much bass as any of the ones listed. The Focals will get loud and clear but won't hit as hard. Those JL C5's are nice speakers too.

Old 07-26-2015, 12:57 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Roadie13
Not sure if it makes a difference when it comes to speaker fitment or not, but just for clarification is it a 12 or 15 RG?
Good Catch Roadie! Might want to take a look at this set up Pete:

http://www.biketronics.com/2015-and-...eaker-package/

Old 07-26-2015, 05:18 PM
TVH475
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm giving Hertz a try in mine! I've got JL C3 650's in it now that I'll be selling here shortly, fit in the 15 RG with no mods!

Old 07-26-2015, 06:08 PM
pdevore
Tourer

OK, So I cancelled the order for the xDi amp as I realized that when I ordered from Amazon that it was coming from a retailer that is not an authorized dealer. So I may be open to different amp options but really only if it is a match to the speakers, if its not I will order the Moto 600.4.
I am looking at the Biketronics site and its not the easiest to follow. I would really like input on the the pro series 6.5's and a set of 5x7's. So my question is what what is the pro series upgrade? I would like to see the best that Biketronics has and compare to the Hertz and Focal. I have a local dealer that carries Hertz and Focal so that is the easy part.
The other question is, if I go with Biketronics, is their amp the best option for their speakers?

Thanks,
Pete

Old 07-27-2015, 07:44 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by pdevore
OK, So I cancelled the order for the xDi amp as I realized that when I ordered from Amazon that it was coming from a retailer that is not an authorized dealer. So I may be open to different amp options but really only if it is a match to the speakers, if its not I will order the Moto 600.4.
I am looking at the Biketronics site and its not the easiest to follow. I would really like input on the the pro series 6.5's and a set of 5x7's. So my question is what what is the pro series upgrade? I would like to see the best that Biketronics has and compare to the Hertz and Focal. I have a local dealer that carries Hertz and Focal so that is the easy part.
The other question is, if I go with Biketronics, is their amp the best option for their speakers?

Thanks,
Pete
The Biketronics PRO speakers are 7.1 speakers. They come with their own adapter and are awesome speakers!! I run a set in my fairing as we speak. The Hertz and Focal K series are nice. But the Biketronics PRO's hit harder in regard to bass. I've had several amps on them including the MOTO 600.4 and the BT4180. IMO the PRO"S sounded better to my ears with the Soundstream 1000D, the Hertz HDP4 and the Soundstream TN4.900. My only issue with the Biketronics amp was the lack of gain adjustments. I'm old school and I gotta have gain adjustment.

Old 07-27-2015, 08:53 PM
pdevore
Tourer

Originally Posted by Gannicus
The Biketronics PRO speakers are 7.1 speakers. They come with their own adapter and are awesome speakers!! I run a set in my fairing as we speak. The Hertz and Focal K series are nice. But the Biketronics PRO's hit harder in regard to bass. I've had several amps on them including the MOTO 600.4 and the BT4180. IMO the PRO"S sounded better to my ears with the Soundstream 1000D, the Hertz HDP4 and the Soundstream TN4.900. My only issue with the Biketronics amp was the lack of gain adjustments. I'm old school and I gotta have gain adjustment.
I agree, I'm a bit old school and really like to gains and being able to make adjustments. I heard back from Biketronics today and their PRO series will not fit on the RG.

I'm hoping to get over to the local shop tomorrow and listen to the different options.

Thanks

Quick Reply: 2015 RG audio upgrade