Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronic 2014 7.1's and their line leveler

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 09:15 PM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

Here is what I did, with the brackets mounted and no speaker I took the round foam and made a circle that fit outside the speaker hole.
With it cut to fit I inserted it through the speaker hole working around "stuffing " the foam between the bracket and fairing. With a 1/2 inch gap and 5/8 round foam it was a tight fit. No glue or adhesive.
I have the boom grills so the gap is wider than the stock grilles. I'm thinking with the stock grills you would only need 1/2 inch backer rod?Attachment 448521

Attached Thumbnails Biketronic 2014 7.1's and their line leveler-photo708.jpg  
Old 10-30-2015, 01:04 PM
JHC210
Club Member
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by barrygreen
Here is what I did, with the brackets mounted and no speaker I took the round foam and made a circle that fit outside the speaker hole.
With it cut to fit I inserted it through the speaker hole working around "stuffing " the foam between the bracket and fairing. With a 1/2 inch gap and 5/8 round foam it was a tight fit. No glue or adhesive.
I have the boom grills so the gap is wider than the stock grilles. I'm thinking with the stock grills you would only need 1/2 inch backer rod?Attachment 448521
I did the same but realized the other day I should have left at least a half inch open at the bottom of the bracket so any water that gets in there could drain out.

Old 10-30-2015, 01:23 PM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member

I did the same, about a 1/8 gap... I don't purposely ride in the rain, and I dont let the girls at the bikini bike wash...wash my bike

Old 10-30-2015, 07:03 PM
t100rc
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by barrygreen
I was really fighting with this ... then I realized that the speakers mount to the BACK of the BT bracket ... you put in the foam and then mounted the speakers ... got it ...

My BT stuff should be here next week and I want to have all of my ducks in a row ...

Old 10-30-2015, 07:11 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by JHC210
I had the Magic Box with the BT2180 and 7.1's. Sounded horrible. Bill sent me his new line leveler and all I can say is WOW. What a difference. Now my system rocks, sounds great running at 80. I did add foam round rod between the speaker bracket and inner fairing which I think is also adding to the performance.

Next up, lower fairings with BT 6.5's.
Magic box? Is that the red control module for the hand controls?
What's a line leveler....

Old 10-31-2015, 05:05 AM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by t100rc
I was really fighting with this ... then I realized that the speakers mount to the BACK of the BT bracket ... you put in the foam and then mounted the speakers ... got it ...

My BT stuff should be here next week and I want to have all of my ducks in a row ...
You got it

Old 11-01-2015, 04:29 AM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Gliden
Magic box? Is that the red control module for the hand controls?
What's a line leveler....
See this thread, it is supposed to stop needing a flash to our head units. When my money's right, I'll order two.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...ore-bikes.html

Old 11-02-2015, 05:05 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by JimTJr
See this thread, it is supposed to stop needing a flash to our head units. When my money's right, I'll order two.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...ore-bikes.html
Thanks Jim....2014 stuff....ok got it now. Thanks

Old 11-09-2015, 05:14 PM
HD_Doobie
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

UPDATE>>>

I swapped out the magic box for the BT Line Leveler today. The Line Leveler REALLY woke up the Hertz HCX 165!

Played around with the gains and filter adjustments on the LL. Ended up just a tad higher on the gains than default and just a tad to the left of the default on the filters.

In the next few days I will swap out a speaker pod for a speaker mounting bracket and compare the Hertz to the BT 7.1's. I think I can do an accurate enough comparison by just unplugging an RCA.

Quick question.... Is it more desirable to turn gains up on the Converter or on the Amp??

Old 11-11-2015, 05:51 PM
HD_Doobie
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Today I removed one pod and installed the BT bracket with the 7.1 speaker

I know you guys love your Biketronics, but I feel the Hertz outperformed the Biketronics.

I have ZERO distortion at full volume with the Hertz. The Biketronics start distorting at a little over half volume. The Hertz just sound so much more full. The BT sounded more hollow, less depth. This is my honest opinion.

Quick Reply: Biketronic 2014 7.1's and their line leveler