Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Audio Systems (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems-153/)
-   -   Biketronics new Line-Leveler for Rushmore Bikes? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems/1078644-biketronics-new-line-leveler-for-rushmore-bikes.html)

haze324 10-29-2015 09:45 AM

Biketronics new Line-Leveler for Rushmore Bikes?

So I see it's posted on their site. Anyone used it yet?

I'd be willing to bet it probably works better than the magic box and if it's solving a lot of the flash issues then it deserves it's own thread to get the word out for the guys with 14+ bikes.

Any reviews yet?

http://www.biketronics.com/bt355-hd-...944.1418764905

Bill any word on how it works and why it's awesome?

NHBAGGER 10-29-2015 10:01 AM

Got a PM in to Bill myself!

starbiker99 10-29-2015 10:55 AM

I just ordered one this morning. I will be trying it in replace of my magic box. I am currently running stock flash with a B2 amp and kappa speakers.

AAWAV 10-29-2015 11:49 AM

forwarded to buddy in LV with 15 RGS.
I am curious....

Golfinds 10-29-2015 11:56 AM

I found some feedback in this thread. Seem like one success story and another to be available soon. As for me, I just ordered the whole kit for a 15 road glide. I cant wait to install this without consideration for flashing. The stealer gets plenty of my money

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...e-leveler.html

Biketronics Inc 10-29-2015 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by haze324 (Post 14526594)
So I see it's posted on their site. Anyone used it yet?

I'd be willing to bet it probably works better than the magic box and if it's solving a lot of the flash issues then it deserves it's own thread to get the word out for the guys with 14+ bikes.

Any reviews yet?

http://www.biketronics.com/bt355-hd-...944.1418764905

Bill any word on how it works and why it's awesome?

Hi Guys,

We held off on doing this as long as we could still get an OK flash, since about 8 weeks ago that seems impossible. We wanted something that sounds good but we needed it quick so we added a 3 pole adjustable filter circuit to the SNI-35 pre-amp adapter that we like and had already been using. This gives us adjustable level (gain) and a adjustable filter. So yes, it looks like and is a heavily modified SNI-35 :icon_smile:. At some point we will probably make a small DSP box for more control, but this part sounds pretty good so it is not a priority at this time.

We use a more precise filtering compared to the other option (three stage vs one) to try and remove only what we have to without hurting other frequencies, making it adjustable lets us give the user a range as apposed to making it non-adjustable and "safe" but taking out more than we want. Having level and frequency adjustments should make it usable for any combination of amps and speakers.

In our testing and from our initial customer feedback compared to the other option it gives you a much more dynamic and full sound, as well as making a notable difference in the control you have with your bass and treble adjustments. I noticed a big difference in the treble adjustment, with the other part it did not seem to be doing hardly anything, probably because a lot of the frequencies were missing.

Bill

haze324 10-29-2015 12:57 PM

Hell, I'm sold!

Thanks Bill.

bigreds1963ss 10-29-2015 02:12 PM

I'm sold as well. Anyone need a gently used magic box? Lol.

AAWAV 10-29-2015 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Biketronics Inc (Post 14527190)
Hi Guys,

We held off on doing this as long as we could still get an OK flash, since about 8 weeks ago that seems impossible. We wanted something that sounds good but we needed it quick so we added a 3 pole adjustable filter circuit to the SNI-35 pre-amp adapter that we like and had already been using. This gives us adjustable level (gain) and a adjustable filter. So yes, it looks like and is a heavily modified SNI-35 :icon_smile:. At some point we will probably make a small DSP box for more control, but this part sounds pretty good so it is not a priority at this time.

We use a more precise filtering compared to the other option (three stage vs one) to try and remove only what we have to without hurting other frequencies, making it adjustable lets us give the user a range as apposed to making it non-adjustable and "safe" but taking out more than we want. Having level and frequency adjustments should make it usable for any combination of amps and speakers.

In our testing and from our initial customer feedback compared to the other option it gives you a much more dynamic and full sound, as well as making a notable difference in the control you have with your bass and treble adjustments. I noticed a big difference in the treble adjustment, with the other part it did not seem to be doing hardly anything, probably because a lot of the frequencies were missing.

Bill

in a nutshell (simplified)... a line EQ :icon_goofygrin: or Pre-AMP EQ (DST)?
From "day 1" I was thinking about that as "a solution". without freq. response graph of the original HU output it is hard to determine the "points to adjust" though.
Not sure if the HU freq response is also depending on speed of the bike and/or bike running.
for obvious reasons I am not a fan of the Rushmores LOL

Gooey2 10-29-2015 07:06 PM

Hey guys just installed 7.1's Biketronic amp with line leveler and speaker pod replacement. Works good as billed no flash for me!I must say removing the pods was a pain in the ass. Minor issues reinstalling the fairing getting it realigned was another minor hiccup but done. I must say an improvement but again Harley has stuffed 6 lbs of crap in a 3 lb bag. Why don't they just do things right?really only so much a guy can do with this stereo,but I've been spoiled with my old system. As soon as I get lower fairings back from painter I clip on titian 6.5's in the lowers and as good as it gets for me. I can't say enough good about the folks at Biketronics!! Thanks Guys! The line leveler works!!